IGNORED

Looking for a ball recommendation

Note: This thread is 4590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had been looking at the NXT ball but have heard its probably a bad option for me since the extra spin on a ball like that would likely be on the undesired axis. So, I'm thinking about picking up the Top Flite Gamer V2. Has a good price and is far better than what I'm using now. I'm hitting balls I've had for 6-10 years, and I'm guessing they've improved since then. :) Any recommendations for a high handicapper?

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I like your thoughts about the gamer v2.

I've played it when I am on a tight course and know that straightness on my driver will be more important than spin on my short irons.

In my opinion it has a nice feel on the putter and is a good ball all around.  Our club pro gave me a sleeve of the first gamers and asked me to give him my thoughts.  Shot 71 that day!  Of course, I had a couple long puts go in that typically wouldn't have.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

The Bridgeston E6 series is great from what I've heard

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Bridgeston E6 series is great from what I've heard

Second on Bridgestone e6. They are a truly amazing ball for players of such a variety of skill levels. I'm glad I still have a few sleeves, because I'm going to be using them for my first few rounds back. They're also incredibly inexpensive, both in absolute terms (cost per dozen) and in terms of how long one lasts -- not only is the cover seemingly very durable, but since they slice and hook less, you're less apt to lose one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I picked up some e6's today and will let you all know how they work for me.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]e6 is a very good ball. Read in one ball comparison test that the gamer v2 had the most technology for the $$ of basically any ball. Any way you go, the balls you get today are all high quality - just match the ball to what your game needs - distance, green side spin, directional control, etc...

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Nike MOJO… $20 for 2 dozen… At a 36+ handicap, youre probably losing a lot of golf balls, so just buy the cheapest balls you can.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Nike MOJO… $20 for 2 dozen… At a 36+ handicap, youre probably losing a lot of golf balls, so just buy the cheapest balls you can.

Not really, I think I've lost 2-3 in the 3 rounds I've played this year. My handicap hasn't been set yet, since I haven't played 5 rounds yet where I'm keeping track of it.

Noodle or Precept Laddie X. Softer balls at a killer price. Long off the tee and feel great around the greens and off the putter. Just not as much spin as the premium balls, but more in common than not in my opinion. Played both these balls for years and still got some for when I am not playing well and don't want to lose $3-4 balls all day.

Very cheap.

Laddies are often two dozen for $19.99

Noodles are in 36 packs for around $29

Check The Golf Warehouse or Golfsmith websites.

-Dan

Note: This thread is 4590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!