IGNORED

Greetings From Annapolis

Aabye
Note: This thread is 4581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good Afternoon from Annapolis, MD.,

I finally signed up for this forum after lurking for quite some time. I am generally reticent of online forums, but this seems like one of those rare, genuinely friendly forums.

A little about my game...

I have been playing golf for about 16 years, with a recent four year break (due to a move). As you can tell by my index, i'm certainly nothing special. But I love the game. Few experiences in life compare to walking down the first fairway at 8:00 am on a crisp morning, with nothing but possibly the best round ever in front of you. Of course, that idyllic scene generally fades rather quickly, but alas...

Despite numerous weaknesses in my game, I still mangage, like many others, to hit those two or three shots every round that define the perfection we all seek. My only goal is to bring that average up by two or three shots. And, I suppose like many others, I love the integrity of the game. I can proudly say that I don't shoot 108 by bending the rules! I shoot 108 by obeying the rules... and being a poor golfer!

And for the record, I have never hit a drive 300 yards. There is a good chance I hit one 260 one time, but I may be exaggerating. It was probably 230.

I have recently begun to earnestly concentrate on breaking 100 for the first time. Hit both 100 and 102 on my local course this winter... but the blowup hole(s) ruined me in the end.

Anyways, look forward, in advance, to the great advice I know I will receive here.

Thank You.

Great to have you.  If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!