IGNORED

My first Eagle!

elivate
Note: This thread is 6190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing golf for over 15 years and I just had my first Eagle on the weekend... I have to say it is a long time overdue (obviously) but it felt great...

This was also my first round of the season. I have been practicing a bit and I have been feeling pretty good about my game. It was on a 468 yard par 5 and I hit the best drive of my life, dead center and I was right at the 150 marker so that was a 318 yard drive! I felt like Tiger!

I was sort of lucky that my playing partners were not as successful on this hole so I was ale to wait a bit and relax and really think about the next shot. I took all of the factors into consideration, the lie, the wind, the elevation, etc... and I made a decision and stuck with it... When I hit the next shot I was very confident that I would be on the green. I hit a nice crisp 9 iron and ended up about 8 feet from the hole pin high! Man that felt awesome!

I lined up the putt and rolled it in dead center! I was a little relieved because I did not hit the putt as firm as I wanted to and it rolled in with maybe two rolls to spare... I happily marked my 3 for the par 5 and confidently walked to the next tee...

I ended up finishing with a decent score and a great first round of the year. It is moments like this that really keep me excited about golf. Hopefully it doesn't take me another 15 years to repeat it!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this experience...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Congratulations
You're ready now for the hole in one

Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

I was just thinking ... a hole in one on a par5 is impossible, not?
Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

Congratulations! On the first round of the year too. Going to be a good year for you!

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Ok! here's my story.
I've been playing a year now and just love the game as much as you guys out there.
It was a 325 yard par four. I drove it 240 and hit my wedge.. it pitched about 10 feet in front of the pin, released and went straight in for eagle.
I hope to start breaking 90 consistently now.
Damn! I love this game.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Congratulations! On the first round of the year too. Going to be a good year for you!

Thanks!

I am hoping this will be the year I start getting it together... I am going to do everything in my power to play at least twice a week and hit balls at the range twice a week... I have new irons that I love, and a new driver that I am starting to love, so I have all the equipment I need too... Now it is all about the commitment to getting better...

What's in the Bag

Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

No eagles here. :(

I've had plenty of eagle putts, but I just couldn't hole the putt.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Congrats... I remember my first Eagle, as a matter of fact I have only had two. My first one was on a par five after I was on the fringe in two, my second was a awesome 7I on a par four from 165 out.

I have been playing golf for over 15 years and I just had my first Eagle on the weekend... I have to say it is a long time overdue (obviously) but it felt great...

My friend, that is awesome. Many congratulations. I cannot wait to have one myself. There's a par-5 about that length at my primary course, so hopefully I'll have one "Tiger Drive" :) Good thing you weren't playing match play: this way, it counts for more than getting par vs a bogey

It isn't impossible, just very unlikely. A hole in one on any hole is unlikely: on a par-3, it is reasonable, since most of us play par-3s that are within iron distance. On a par-4, it is less reasonable, since you need to drive the green and sink it with a driver (or go for one of those "200 yard par 4s" on executive courses).

To get a hole-in-one on a par-5, you need to drive the green and sink it. The reward is that you take a -4 for the hole. I only know one story of a par-5 being driven during a competition: Mike Austin at a senior open one year. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, if I can make an Eagle then anything is possible...

Seriously though, a one on a Par 5 would be extreme, my course is not really long, but the two par 5's are 468 and 477 yards, and both have hills and bunkers, etc.. that would prohibit the ball from rolling that far... Any Par 5 that is reachable off the tee really isn't a Par 5, I don't think... And thanks for all of the congratulations every one!

What's in the Bag

Congrats!

I've had the pleasure of two eagles - one was 'traditional' like yours - finished with a putt on a par 5, while the other was a chip-in for three on a par 5.

Still hoping for that Ace though. :)

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

CONGRATS on your First Eagle, Hope many more are in your future!

My first time I was 15 years old and holed out a pitch shot from 70 yards. The most recent one I made was a couple seasons ago out of a greenside bunker. The funny thing about that one was we were playing this course for the first time and the hole was 475 yards and I hit Driver then 4 iron just over the green into a bunker. My father inlaw had the score card and I thought it was just a real long par 4, so when my bunker shot went in I said "Yes! Birdie". My father inlaw gave me one of those head tilting HuuuH's? and said "You just made Eagle, this is a par 5"! I thought, COOL, is it my birthday?,,,lol

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Congratulations. Eagles are a great thing, and in my opinion they are often more skill based than an ace (then again I have 3 eagles in the last year and a half, and I have never had an ace).
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

That's great! Reminds me of the only eagle that I've ever had. It was very similar circumstances. It was about a 450 yard par five which was fairly straight. I had a little wind to my back and got a hold of a good one that went 300+ yards. That left me about 150 yards out. I put it on the green about 15 feet away from the cup. That was two amazing shots in a row (almost a record!). Then to top it off I putted the ball straight into the center of the cup! Three great shots in a row - truly amazing for me. Anyway I went to the next hole which was a 100 yard par three and I guess I was so pumped up from the last hole that I shot that ball clear over the green into the trees behind the green! Oh well, it didn't matter to me at that point.

Note: This thread is 6190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!