IGNORED

Hello Everyone,

Rebecca Wilson
Note: This thread is 4572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. I was in a private club in Scotland with 850 members. How many female members do you think they had?

• 0-50
    • 50 -100
    • over 100
    • over 200
    • over 300

My name is Rebecca and I am 22 years old. I've just arrived back in Mariposa, Ca., in the Sierra foothills. I have been living in Girvan in Scotland for the last 15 years and have unfortunately picked up a few bad habits, the worst being my Scottish twang (accent). My dad was based over there and of course that pretty much meant I was.

I am really looking forward to getting into the golf scene here, once I get properly unpacked and my clubs arrive with the rest of our worldly goods. I was checking out this site yesterday and it really got me in the mood. Some great posts about Stack and Tilt, Bobby Jones swing, an so on.

I obviously have not yet played here but played plenty in Caledonia, with Turnberry and Royal Troon not far from my village. They love to talk about golf in Scotland and I spent many evenings in our clubhouse enjoying great old Scottish tales about ghosts and demons that haunt the game. It could get quite scary at times. I'm sure they were just picking on me because I was a female in their very male club.

Anyway I am glad to join this forum and hope to retell some of my experiences in that ancient golf land.

Thanks for having me.

Hi Rebecca, great to have you and look forward to hearing more about Scotland.  I voted 0-50 female members btw.

If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Hi Rebecca, great to have you and look forward to hearing more about Scotland.  I voted 0-50 female members btw.

If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

"What do you Do for a Living?" thread.

"What'd You Shoot Today?"

"Best Shot of the Week"

"New Posts" page, too.

The Marketplace

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article. Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the Sand Trap.  As the father of a 14 year old daughter who I wish took more of an interest in golf, it's great to see women involved in the game.  I also voted 0-50... and I too look forward to stories about Scotland.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!