IGNORED

What are your other sports/hobbies/activities?

dak4n6
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Coach a u-13 travel baseball team, play poker every thursday night, sports in general after that but baseball is always priority.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Chess, frisbee golf, video games, golf club building, language learning (currently learning koine greek), used to do a lot of martial arts, love to go backwoods creek fishing, love good beer, hate hiking and running, but appreciate those who love it, love lifting weights and stretching and don't understand those who don't love it, love kayaking in the ocean, love snow skiing when it's powdery, hate it when it's slick, love basketball and especially the Spurs.  I also love teaching anything I understand well.  I'm not lurking on any forums for any of that stuff though

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

- Played baseball in college, but golf and very occasional tennis are my only swinging sports now.

- Very big into partner acrobatics/adagio with my wife the past couple years (basically I lift her over my head in various positions, working right now on her doing a handstand on my hands while I'm standing with my arms extended up over my head).

- Still play my guitar a lot, though no bands or anything.  Mostly acoustic, bluesy.

- Also play a lot of hand drums with a buddy, trying to find a DJ to start a little group with and get some gigs.

- Have been big into surfing, but am over surfing in LA.  Would pretty much always rather have a tee time these days.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spend more time reading about golf and practicing swings in the yard than i do actually playing.  Local course went private a while ago, over an hour to any course now.  So my "other" has picked up a bunch.  We live on a lake in a town with a great ski resort, so lot's of options.

Winter- Snowboard A LOT.  60 days this year.  Kids are both getting good at skiing now so that helps keep the family together.

Lot's of hikes/snowshoe with the family and dog.  Occasional skating.  And of course, lot's of Wii with kids

Summer- Fish, Wakeboard, Wakesurf (this has sort of taken over) All kinds of biking.  Just got new Mountain Bike! Paddleboarding, GeoCaching with family (winter too) and more fishing.

We have a heated 3 car garage that has been converted over to a gym.  Rowing machine and some type of Cross Fit or Kettle Bell workout year round.  Just need to make room for a net and mat though.

Would give most of it up to play more golf though!

Road biking hit me HARD this last year! And now, hunting for great deals on upgrade parts keeps my spare hours filled.

Driving my car is something I'm going to spend more time doing this summer. Lots of fun canyon driving, not to mention the Pacific Coast Highway.

Chasing girls is always fun.

Languages. I speak Japanese and am learning Korean. Helpful girl chasing tools!

Gambling. My love/hate relationship. We're currently separated, which isn't a bad thing. Craps, Blackjack and Hold'em are my games.

Painting with spray paint.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Besides Golf I have a couple of hobbies...

I am an electronic (House Music) DJ as well as music producer.  I actually I'm signed with a label out of Chicago.  That is a big hobby for me but besides that, I also bowl once a week in a league (I carry a 217avg and also bowled a perfect game last year).

I also very much enjoy playing pool.  I have three cue's.  A snooker cue, 8/9ball cue and a carbon fiber break cue.

When I was younger, I played for the Jr Ontario Blue Jays and went to Bowling Green State University on a baseball scholarship.

Besides all of that, I LOVE to be home

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I play guitar and also try to record a little bit of the music I create.

Huge Blackhawks fan and watch every game I can.

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Well, although my screen name suggests I shoot IPSC pistol, I haven't done so competitively in years.  But I still enjoy shooting.

Besides play the game, I love building and repairing clubs.  I have a pretty well stocked work area in a room of my basement with all the tools to do just about anything to a golf club.

My biggest passion is being in my shop building things.  My shop is set up to do about whatever I want/need to do, whether it's building new equipment for our gym, welding and fab work I do as a side business, auto restorations and repair, manual machining, etc.  Always doing something to my hot rods, and getting ready to start building my son's first vehicle, a 1969 Chevy pickup.  If I'm not working, playing golf, or hanging with the family, I'm in my shop!

My other big interest is fitness, and it's my wife's favorite hobby/activity too.  She trains people out of our home gym at the moment, and it is in our plans that she will retire from her job and do physical training full time.  We are also planning on opening a gym within 3 years.  I love lifting, and swimming.  I really enjoy being able to work out in my own gym, have control of the radio, and not have to smell other sweaty people!  LoL!  It's also great to have the outdoor gym for when the weather is nice, and to change things up.

We both also do financial counseling.  It's a joy to help people who are struggling financially and are deep in debt to free themselves to be able to enjoy life again!

Also love to travel.  Road trips rule!

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Well, although my screen name suggests I shoot IPSC pistol, ...

Yea I saw that and sort of chuckled as some of the implied activities in peoples user names are pretty awesome.

For yourself I sort of assumed IPSC/USPSA, possibly PPC, CMP, IHMSA too if you are a 3-gun/multi-gun type guy.  Seriously interesting culture as the working professionals are ... uh lets say way more interesting? ... than the professional gamers.

Saw a team roper user name reference too implying heading and heeling team I would assume, wow how often will you meet someone into team rodeo events?

Saw a WERA reference in a user name once, turns out the guy was a nationally ranked expert motorcycle road racer ... impressive.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Duck and Deer hunting, paintball, water-skiing, crabbing, fishing, paintball, competitive shooting, newspaper editor, ATV, martial arts, photography, and the one i love the most, wine making. I have participated in this Italian tradition since i was five. My father perfected his recipe and i have learned almost all of the chemical aspects. I have now ran the winery for three years since my dad let me take over. Many wine companies have asked my father and I for the recipe, but we still want to keep it a family secret. Hopefully i will turn it into a full blown business when i get older.

Originally Posted by M2R

Yea I saw that and sort of chuckled as some of the implied activities in peoples user names are pretty awesome.

For yourself I sort of assumed IPSC/USPSA, possibly PPC, CMP, IHMSA too if you are a 3-gun/multi-gun type guy.  Seriously interesting culture as the working professionals are ... uh lets say way more interesting? ... than the professional gamers.

Saw a team roper user name reference too implying heading and heeling team I would assume, wow how often will you meet someone into team rodeo events?

Saw a WERA reference in a user name once, turns out the guy was a nationally ranked expert motorcycle road racer ... impressive.

I used to shoot a modified G35 in IPSC Open category, and later a hand built 1911 in Limited 10.

I saw the team roper name too.  My family has team roped for years!  My brother and I heel, and my Dad and sister-in-law head.  And most all my uncles and cousins too!

• 1 month later...

Other than golf I enjoy spending my spare time playing music with a couple of local bands. I also like to take a motorcycle ride every now and then on my Road King.  But these last couple of years I find myself riding less and less...mostly because the roads are now packed with drivers who spend more time texting than watching the road and it just seems a lot more dangerous than it use to be.

Other than golf I love to play soccer. Played since I was about 4 on teams regularly up until about age 20. I still play on small men's league teams every now and then, but work gets in the way quite a bit. Until I picked up golf a couple years ago I enjoyed spending money on my car, but that's taken a back seat.

Most of my other hobbies have taken a back seat since golf took over most of my free time. But I play drums, I used to play for my church choir before moving about an hour away. I played in a 30 and up basketball league until I started having knee issues. My wife and I were together 8 years before we married and had our son so we had alot of free time to go to shows and travel a bit. These days Im a homebody, I play PS3 and I read books/blogs about golf, parenting and Vegetarian/Vegan lifestyles.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I play hockey very avidly and could have potentially played at a higher level like AAA or even Tier 2 Junior but never pursued it do to the amount of time I would dedicate and the amount my schooling would drop because of it.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

• 10 months later...
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!