IGNORED

Need suggestions for a net and 4x4 hitting mat?

Note: This thread is 4544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a good net and good full size hitting mat to use in the garage or back yard. Just want to know what y'all think would be the best to use and where to get them? Thanks

Don't buy a 4x4 mat. Buy a 4x5 or 4x6. I have a really nice 4x4 range quality mat and it is excellent quality but you hang off the edge with the driver. I will post where I got it later when I get to my other laptop. I was reasonably priced too.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here you go: http://www.allturfmats.com/MonsterTee-Golf-Mats-s/36.htm

This place has very affordable mats in decent sizes.  I've got the 60x60" mat, and I love it.  It really reacts like grass when you take a 'divot'.  And, their shipping turnaround is awesome.  I ordered it one afternoon and it shipped the next day.

For nets, check out: http://gourock.com/golfnettingpanels.html

This is where I ordered my 10x10' net from.  Affordable and fast turnaround as well.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

Here you go: http://www.allturfmats.com/MonsterTee-Golf-Mats-s/36.htm

This place has very affordable mats in decent sizes.  I've got the 60x60" mat, and I love it.  It really reacts like grass when you take a 'divot'.  And, their shipping turnaround is awesome.  I ordered it one afternoon and it shipped the next day.

Those things really hold up?!  Their 13"x20" is only $7.50.  I've bought other mats that size at their "list price" price or so, and I've torn them all up within a week or two.  Right now I just have a huge roll of some crappy turf carpet from Home Depot that I chop off little 1'x2' rectangles of every week or two and use until I chop through them.  At least that way my $20 lasts longer than 1 week!  I'd be super into a mat that reacted nicer than the turn carpet but actually lasted a long time too!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

It's held up so far.  I don't know for sure, but I think this company makes the spring crimped nylon mats that other companies sell online for $500.  They are located in Ringgold, Georgia, which is very close to Dalton, where virtually all carpet is made, so I'm pretty sure that I'm right.    I've only had it for a month or so, but I don't see it just falling apart all of a sudden.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I know this is pricey but the one I just threw out after a year didn't exactly make sense.

I got the net and mat, big $ but I bet I never need to buy another.

It is high quality you will not shoot holes in the net, the mat is very good and so large you can move around and not wear a spot.

The best part is the return feature, the ball comes back, no bending and searching.  One ball is all you need.

http://www.thenetreturn.com/

Okay I am pretty sure I have the 4x4 Durapro mat. I am going to see if the tee works in it. Here is the web site. Very good quality at this place and not a bad price for a 8 year warranty. http://www.dwquailgolf.com/mats_nets_mirrors.html

I know this is pricey but the one I just threw out after a year didn't exactly make sense.

I got the net and mat, big $ but I bet I never need to buy another.

It is high quality you will not shoot holes in the net, the mat is very good and so large you can move around and not wear a spot.

The best part is the return feature, the ball comes back, no bending and searching.  One ball is all you need.

http://www.thenetreturn.com/

Damn that thing looks nice. Have you missed the net yet? If so what kind of damage did you do? I am going to save this for future possibilities.

The range I go to sells their used mats for $35.  They aren't in bad shape either.  They replace theirs every season.  If anyone is looking for a cheap mat they may want to inquire if their driving range has any for sale.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Damn that thing looks nice. Have you missed the net yet? If so what kind of damage did you do? I am going to save this for future possibilities.

Nope I have not missed it.  In my shop the potential damage is limited.  In a house......

Note: This thread is 4544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!