IGNORED

Which cart bag

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, so I think I have everything I need to get started.....just need a cart bag as Im using a stand bag on my trolley at the mo and it doesnt sit too well. I have a longridge tri-cart, but dont know if all bags fit all trolleys or which trolley to get. I have about £100 to spend and dont mind 2nd hand from Ebay etc, just want a decent bag.

Lee

Titleist Lightweight Cart bag is great. 14 way dividers and a racked top that presents the clubs nicely when on a cart. Putter well (15 slot) and more. One complaint is the towel ring is only on the right side. Wish it had two because my bag is always on the left side of the cart as I face the bags. A left ring would allow the towel to hang to the outside.

Sun Mountain's version (C130) is a little boxier looking but has two rings and a slot for the cart strap. They make the Titleist bag.

JUST NOTICED YOU SAID TROLLY -- which I think of as a pull cart. I have no idea if the bags above will work with a trolly. They will work great with a buggy (I think that is what you call riding carts).

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Ogio makes some really light weight cart bags, they are actually lighter than some of the carry bags.  Can't remember the name of the one that would be perfect fit for a push cart, but I'm thinking that will be my next bag as I don't carry anymore I use a 3 wheel push cart.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I currently have a lightweight cart bag from Ogio....and it's nice overall. It's appearance and the zipperless ball pocket are my favorite features. But my next cart bag is going to be different.   I will ignore any cart bags advertised as "lightweight", "compact", or another other descriptor that should not be applied to a cart bag.  My next cart bag will be very spacious, have large club slots, an external putter slot that keeps the putter well-separated, and plenty of pockets of all sizes.  The damn thing is going to be in a cart or on a trolley (as you say) so I don't care about weight.  I want room and club separation....and lot's of it.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I agree on the size/weight etc of the bag I just want room for everything and the seperate putter well is a must I think. I have narrowed it down to Powakaddy Deluxe or one of Taylormades larger bags, probably the

Taylormade Catalina 3.0 2012

Features:
New 14-Way Stadium Design Top with integrated Handle (19.1cm x 27.9cm)
Integrated Putter Well
11 Front Accessible Pockets
Large insulated Cooler Pocket
TPR Anti-Slip Cart Strap Pad
Internal Crush Proof Construction
Soft Touch Front Handles
2.9 kg
2 FAS-TEK Receivers

Seems to have it all

just got my Nike M9 bag and i love it! lightweight, plenty of space for storage and great 14 way divider system

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

• 2 weeks later...

I currently use the  Callaway Org 14 Sport Cart Bag.  I would recommend veering away from this one.  The clubs get stuck going in and coming out and the bag is quite heavy.  I did hear that the Titleist Lightweight Cart bag is quite nice though.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Titleist Lightweight Cart bag is great.

JUST NOTICED YOU SAID TROLLY -- which I think of as a pull cart. I have no idea if the bags above will work with a trolly. They will work great with a buggy (I think that is what you call riding carts).

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Do NOT buy a Titleist lightweight cart bag if you use a pull cart. The front of the bag slopes down and there is no possible way of securing the straps. I had one and tried all sorts of methods and it can't be done. Had to return it.

Pity, because it's a nice bag if it's vertical.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up with a Powakaddy Premium in black with gold piping and am over the moon with it, functional and most importantly......looks great

Joking aside, would recommend

• 1 year later...

If you need your bag waterproof in any way don't buy Powakaddy. The rain hood is designed in such a way that it leaves two decent sized holes letting water run down inside the bag (incidentally the design team at Powakaddy in a response email to me believe that the drain holes at the bottom of the bag combat this, so let the water in, it gets all your gear wet but hey, it drains away so that's OK).

I've enclosed a pic to show the flaw.

• Administrator

If you need your bag waterproof in any way don't buy Powakaddy. The rain hood is designed in such a way that it leaves two decent sized holes letting water run down inside the bag (incidentally the design team at Powakaddy in a response email to me believe that the drain holes at the bottom of the bag combat this, so let the water in, it gets all your gear wet but hey, it drains away so that's OK).

I've enclosed a pic to show the flaw.

Why don't you just put that over the top rather than looping it underneath the handle? You could unsnap it if you needed to use the handle to put your bag in your car or something, but then the holes wouldn't be oriented under the handle and above the point where the bag stops.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A brand new ogio 01 cart bag light weight is on sale on ebay or carls golf land for 69 bucks. I just bought the black/acid bag and love it.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!