IGNORED

What keeps you from being a better golfer?

Thrdroc
Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

me... its all me..... I choke when I have a good round going. I've been -2 standing on the 14th tee box and ended the round at +4
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Consistency for sure. Hit a good drive then top a shot. That sucks

In my bag:
Driver: G2 9.5° Stiff
3-Wood: Cleveland Hi-Bore
Irons: X-14 stiff shaft

Wedges: Vokey 54*

Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Black

Ball: Taylor Made

Grips: PINK Golf Pride

Aside from the obvious (time and money), I would say it is my mental game that is holding me back most right now.

I'll probably never be a scratch golfer (again time and money thing) but I don't think I'm anywhere near my current potential. I play enough golf to probably improve drastically, but I never trust anything, when I've got a good swing going, I tinker with it, I over-analyze things. I also try every damn golf tip in the book, which is a terrible thing to do.

Last year I had a pretty trusty, repeatable swing....was able to knock almost 4 strokes off my game and was constantly improving. But then this year I've been the picture of inconsistentcy, mainly because I've changed my swing 3 times. You know, trying to swing like Ernie Els or Ben Hogan, rather than just working within myself and my ability and maximizing it.

While there's always a thing or two off each wrong, there's usually a thing or two that's on. However, the consistent thing keeping me from getting better is putting. Getting putts per round down from around 32 to 29 or 30 would make the difference between being a 3 and scratch.

While there's always a thing or two off each wrong, there's usually a thing or two that's on. However, the consistent thing keeping me from getting better is putting. Getting putts per round down from around 32 to 29 or 30 would make the difference between being a 3 and scratch.

Here Here, except for mine is the shot right before the putts. If I were to get those 15 footers to 10, I would at least give myself a better chance. So I would say mid-iron approach for me.

Mike

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

After reading all your replys, many were good and could probably be my reasons, but after careful consideration I have determined only 2 things stand between me and being a scratch, heck, even a dominate professional golfer.........

My long game and my short game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lag putting ( i wished i played on fast greens, 99% of the time the greens i play on are slow as shit (below 10 on stimp meter) when ive played over 10 all the way to 12.5 ive done well. Im the kind of person who feels that the faster the greens are the smaller the stroke I have to take so the less chance of error. Also for some reason I just dont focus for every hole and throw away rounds that should be under par and turn thnem into even or 1 or 2 over.

Mental game, for sure...

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

lag putting ( i wished i played on fast greens, 99% of the time the greens i play on are slow as shit (below 10 on stimp meter) when ive played over 10 all the way to 12.5 ive done well. Im the kind of person who feels that the faster the greens are the smaller the stroke I have to take so the less chance of error. Also for some reason I just dont focus for every hole and throw away rounds that should be under par and turn thnem into even or 1 or 2 over.

The higher the course rates on the Stimpmeter, the worse I putt. The course I regularly play at plays to an 11 or 12, and I frequently leave putts 15 feet short for fear of it rolling off the other side of the green, or I blast a 3 foot putt 10 feet past.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My mental game kills me. I have all the shots to be a good golfer but I can't keep my head in the game. If I'm having a great round, it takes one terrible shot to kill me because then it's in my head. I lose my confidence too easily!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

For me it's all about Practice Time!

Alan Iverson: PRACTICE? PRACTICE? MAN WE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE!!

If Iverson was a Pro Golfer he would starve because this is one sport where you gotta PRACTICE,,,,lol!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!