IGNORED

Odyssey Metal-X

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was trying out some putter's last night at golf galaxy. I am thinking of making a switch, i was hoping the YES! putters would be good, but they were dissappointing to me. The one i really liked was the Odyssey Metal-X. My issue is, with the black putter head, the metal insert on the face shows up because of the loft on the putter. This is very strange, and i couldn't stand looking at the contrast. If they had the insert painted black, then i think it would be a much better putter to look at.

Oh a side note, i found a used Scotty Cameron there for $175, but the face was really worn down and the putter head was beat up a bit. Sad, i was thinking about buying it. A scotty cameron might be my next putter, i love the feel of it, just money.. Right now i will stick with my White Ice putter, i just love the feel and look of it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I liked the one I tried out too. I think it was the 9 or 8, which ever one is the heal shafted blade. The black paint didn't bother me at all. In the past I haven't liked the inserts on Odyessy putters, but for some reason this one felt really good.

I tried a Metal-X last weekend and really liked it.  Ive never been a fan of the feel of Odyssey putters but I really like the Metal-X.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Metal X rossie today @ my local golf shop.
I stopped in searching for the perfect putter. First I tried the Ping Anser $250. Not a bad putter but too firm for my game. Next was a scotty cameron $350, just too pricey.

Next was the Metal X Rossie. It had a soft feel without being dull. Had a nice alingment aid and was only $149I was impressed with the feel, especially since I am not a fan of the insert putter. (I used to have a odyssey white steel, which I can not stand)

I will be heading back to purchase this putter.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Metal-X 2 ball coming next week.  I can't wait for it.  I'll try to put up a review once I get a chance to play a bit with it.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

I was toying with putters at a Golfsmith & Golf Galaxy this past weekend. The one I kept going back to was the Odyssey Metal X 7. I have a feeling it will be in my bag in the next 2-3 weeks...it's been a painfully slow process. This is the first insert putter I've actually liked.

While at Golfsmith I also toyed with a Scotty Cameron California Fastback 35"...holy cow. The first ball I struck felt like nothing else. Of course it's $350...but so tempting.

I have an Odyssey Metal X-8 that replaced my old Callaway BJ-2. Absolutely love this putter. Worth all $150, unlike the $300+ ones with a name stamped on a Ping Anser lol.

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!