IGNORED

Ever hit anyone (or anything living) with a golf ball?

Mobey
Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think if you can't wait for someone to get in there golf cart and get out of the way or even if you think they are slow playing and you hit into them and hit someone and hurt them they should sue the hell out of you because you don't care about them or there flaimly I all most got hit the other day by a line drive that if it would of hit me it could of killed me and know they did not even yell fore the man I was playing with saw it and yelled at me to drop and thank god I dropped and the hole was a par 3 so I know he could see me so if two min are nt worth someone life and you hit someone I hooe someone sue the hell out of you and take you for all the money you have and all the money you make that is the only way it's going to stop if someone is slow playing call it in and they well send someone to take care of it and guess what everyone goes home Saftly to there love ones

I hit a person once. Felt so bad. I was playing in a foursome with 2 of my friends and my father in law. The group ahead was playing fairly slow, but we were being patient. We were sitting in the tee box waiting for them to get far enough away that we could hit. They got into there carts and went towards the green. Lined up for my tee shot, and swung. Was we didn't see when they got into there carts and left was one of them stayed behind, trying to find his ball. I didn't hit him hard, but it did hit him in the back by the upper shoulder. Scared the crap out of him.

He was cool about it, saying it was really his fault, since he was behind a hill and he told his son to go ahead and take the cart to the greens. The course we were playing had a lot of small hills, and many times the only way you can see were someone was on the course, is by looking for there carts. The carts also Had GPS systems that were linked together. It showed how far away the carts ahead of you were so you knew if you were OK to hit, or needed to wait.

Originally Posted by Tonyk10

I think if you can't wait for someone to get in there golf cart and get out of the way or even if you think they are slow playing and you hit into them and hit someone and hurt them they should sue the hell out of you because you don't care about them or there flaimly I all most got hit the other day by a line drive that if it would of hit me it could of killed me and know they did not even yell fore the man I was playing with saw it and yelled at me to drop and thank god I dropped and the hole was a par 3 so I know he could see me so if two min are nt worth someone life and you hit someone I hooe someone sue the hell out of you and take you for all the money you have and all the money you make that is the only way it's going to stop if someone is slow playing call it in and they well send someone to take care of it and guess what everyone goes home Saftly to there love ones

While I'm sure many of us support the spirit behind what your saying, most golf course have it written someone in plain sight (usually on the scorecard) that golf is a sport that has "inherent" dangers and that it is your responsibility to watch for wayward balls.  While the statement is meant to protect golf courses from being sued, it would probably protect individuals as well (provided the person wasn't intentionally TRYING to hit someone).

Again, I completely support what your saying and how safety is the most important part, there is no legal action that can really be taken

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

About 8 years ago I hit a good friend of mine in the back of his leg (calf area).  He was about 10 yards in front and to the far left of me and I smashed a 5 wood right into him.  Luckily for me he only had a bruise but could have been much worse.

I did.  During a golf clinic.  Stray sand shot--right into neighbor's rear end--left cheek.  Major apologies--he was OK, and a few people got a laugh out of it....  Including the victim!

Originally Posted by KJGolf

I did.  During a golf clinic.  Stray sand shot--right into neighbor's rear end--left cheek.  Major apologies--he was OK, and a few people got a laugh out of it....  Including the victim!

I know we all tell the ball to "bite" from time to time...but I never thought the ball would bite someone in the @$$

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

Happy fathers day Josh531 I google hiting someone with a golf ball and I am seeing where people are starting to sue people and no I am not into sueing someone but if you can see me like on a par 3 where we all should be able to hit the ball to the green or close to the green and you hurt me I am going to sue you or we are going to court and I am going to try and deep in that back pocket if you hit the ball off of a tee box and it comes over and hits me and you yell fore most times they are far apart that I should have time to get out of the way or it's not going to be that hard by the time it gets to me I am not looking for the ones that accidentally hit you I am wanting to get rid of the ones who can see you and hit the ball and know they can hit the ball that far because they think you are slow playing

During a junior clinic I hit a kid with a golf ball, full swing with a 6 iron.  I felt like the worst person in the world.  It wasn't my fault and if you ask me the kid had it coming.  He was always causing trouble.  Luckily the parents weren't upset about it and everything was ok.  It's kinda funny to think about now though ...

Happy fathers day Josh531 I google hiting someone with a golf ball and I am seeing where people are starting to sue people and no I am not into sueing someone but if you can see me like on a par 3 where we all should be able to hit the ball to the green or close to the green and you hurt me I am going to sue you or we are going to court and I am going to try and deep in that back pocket if you hit the ball off of a tee box and it comes over and hits me and you yell fore most times they are far apart that I should have time to get out of the way or it's not going to be that hard by the time it gets to me I am not looking for the ones that accidentally hit you I am wanting to get rid of the ones who can see you and hit the ball and know they can hit the ball that far because they think you are slow playing

For the love of god, please use commas and periods.

• Upvote 2

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA So true.  And I'm not a father at all.  27, married...NO kids (at least for now.  Maybe in 3 years...at least that's the plan lol).

punctuation ( countable and uncountable ; plural punctuations )

1. A set of symbols and marks which are used to clarify meaning in text by separating strings of words into clauses , phrases and sentences .

Source: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/punctuation

• Upvote 1

I hit a squirrel off the tee (topped the ball) and I hit a goose near a lake.  Same day, same course.

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

Hi all,

First time poster here. I had to join this forum to share my story. A few years back, I played a fair amount of golf with a business associate in my industry who was fairly well established. As a result I got the opportunity to play a handful of rounds at his private country club - probably 15-20 times over a few year period.

One of the events was an afternoon shotgun, and he was good enough to invite me and 2 other guests in his foursome. Unfortunately, due to a slower than expected pace of play, our host could not finish the round, and needed to leave after 15 holes to coach his son's baseball team. Although it was technically against the rules (which stipulate that guests must be accompanied by members at all times), since I knew the course pretty well and since I was shooting a good round, he offered to let me and my cart-mate stay and finish the round without him. You can probably guess what happened...

On the very next hole (a long par 4 with a baby dogleg right), I pull my drive left into the thick rough and with no direct shot at the green. From 175 yards out, the smart play would be to punch into the fairway and wedge it to the green. But I figure maybe.... just maybe, I can exaggerate my fade and play a cut around the trees and onto the green. I open my stance, set my club face and take a mighty rip - the ball strikes flush off my club face. Only one problem - instead of cutting, it is going dead straight on a direct path to the number 11 tee box and the 4some in front of us who is still teeing off.  My cart mate and I immediately scream "fore" at the top of our lungs while a feeling of dread takes over me. I see the majority of the group duck their heads to the ground, and one lone gentlemen turn his head towards our screams. Not two seconds later, he collapses on the ground.

My cart mate looks at me and says "he's gotta be joking right?" I can't say anything due to the huge lump in my throat. We immediately jump into the cart and speed in the direction of the fallen gentleman. He wasn't joking, and was still lying on the ground when we arrive, struck flush in the jaw from 175 yards on the fly. I get a few quasi-hostile questions from the group, including the inevitable "where is xxxxxx?" (our member). But I am so shaken and apologetic that their anger eventually subsides. By the end of the encounter, one of members grudgingly admits "at least you yelled fore."

Looking back on it, I've gotta give the old bastard credit. He took it better than I probably would have. I offered him my business card and said he could call me if he had any problems (truth be told, he probably could have bought and sold me 10 times over), but he said no, shook it off and proceeded to play the rest of his round.... walking the whole time, I might add.

I later found out that my member was reprimanded for allowing me to finish the round alone and was censured with a "report in his file." What that means to those private country club guys, I have no idea, but I guess it goes without saying that I have not been invited back to that course ever since!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My old golfing buddy Mike has hit birds a few times. used to play Magnolia Plantation in Lake Mary, FL (near Orlando) and it has a lot of water, so the birds tend to gather. Mike would hit his Driver fairly decent usually. Somewhere on the fairway, usually around 230 to 240. He was a high handicapper, and when he miss hit his driver, it had a nasty slice. It sometimes would go somewhat straight and then it was like it took a right hand turn. The animals were used to the players and didn't pay much attention to you. You wouldn't always see it happen, but you'd hear the bird sqwalk and then fly away quickly.

I hit a guy a long time ago.  I was so embarrassed and felt so bad.  We were approaching the green and I was about 120 yards out.  It was a slight downhill, so I was hitting my SW (which at the time, I only hit like 80 yards).  The tee box for the next hole was directly behind this green.  We allowed the guys to tee off and walk back to their carts.  Well, I proceeded to hit my SW and wouldn't you know it....I thinned it!!  Also about this time, the man got back out of his cart to grab a drink from his cooler and the ball was headed right for him.  We yelled four!!!   And he just ducked and it hit him right in the trap!  So close to being much worse.  I went and apologized and he said it was okay.  I kept apologizing all the way to the clubhouse at the turn (we were on # 5 when it happened).  He just laughed it off. I went in and offered to buy him lunch, beer, whatever he wanted and he just laughed and said "man, I promise it's okay."  Needless to say, it made me so sick that I left after 9 and went home.  It was the first and only time I had ever done anything like that.   I felt like crap and would have gladly taken any words or name calling that he wanted to give but he was very cool about it.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a friend with a golf ball this morning. It was a foam Callaway ball though. lol. We were done our round, and he was stading 5-6 feet in front of me. I dropped the ball on the ground, and said his name at the top of my backswing. He turned, I swung, ball hit him in the chest. He jumped, yelled like a girl, then realized the ball was foam and started laughing like fool.

Just some play fun of course. I was getting him back for a previous incident.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!