IGNORED

Tonight is our club pairs league.. Question on calling out another player.

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 4313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Personally I wouldn't say anything. I don't like cheating but I like drama on the golf course even less. I see people doing things I don't like all the time. Unless it's breaking a law or could potentially harm me or those around me I leave it alone. If he's actually do that and has done it enough to earn the name he's already in a bad place.

This is league play, and its not drama, its protecting the field from someone cheating in a competitive environment. It would be wrong of you not to say something, period.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

This is league play, and its not drama, its protecting the field from someone cheating in a competitive environment. It would be wrong of you not to say something, period.

The Dude : Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.
Walter Sobchak : Dude, this is a league game, this determines who enters the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Smokey : Yeah, but I wasn't over. Gimme the marker Dude, I'm marking it 8.
Walter Sobchak : [ pulls out a gun ] Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.
The Dude : Walter...
Walter Sobchak : You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.
Smokey : I'm not...
Walter Sobchak : A world of pain.
Smokey : Dude, he's your partner...
Walter Sobchak : [ shouting ] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!
The Dude : They're calling the cops, put the piece away.
Walter Sobchak : Mark it zero!
[ points gun in Smokey's face ]
The Dude : Walter...
Walter Sobchak : [ shouting ] You think I'm f******around here? Mark it zero!
Smokey : All right, it's f****** zero. Are you happy, you crazy ****?
Walter Sobchak : ...It's a league game, Smokey.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sorry, i couldn't resist

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by Shorty

And.......Never trust ANYONE who walks around with a ball in their pocket unless they're going to a tee a long way from where the bags are parked.

Shorty, why is it that everything has to be absolutes for you.  I've carried a second ball in my left pocket for most of the time I've played golf, and I've never even considered using it to cheat.  It simply saves time when needing to play a provisional or to drop after hitting into a water hazard.  There doesn't have to be any evil intent involved.

Originally Posted by zeg

That's too harsh. I always carry an extra ball in my pocket to save time on provisionals.

As do I, and apparently several others who took exception to Shorty's pidgeonholing us as cheaters for something as innocuous as carrying an extra ball.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Fourputt

Shorty, why is it that everything has to be absolutes for you.  I've carried a second ball in my left pocket for most of the time I've played golf, and I've never even considered using it to cheat.

Me too. I like how it feels against, uhhhh, my divot repair tool. Yeah. That's it. :)

Anyway, sometimes I have another ball in my pocket because I'll scoop up a friend's or I find one OB or I'm driving on a tight hole and might want a provisional. It's only when someone who has a ball in their pocket suddenly DOESN'T have the ball in their pocket that you have to wonder. :)

As for Shorty's comment, people, lighten up (plus it's 11 days old, why are we still talking about it?). Yes, he makes himself look silly with his absolutes, but there's a long stretch of road between "don't trust someone" and "he's definitely a cheater."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!