IGNORED

Marking your golf ball.........

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't mark my balls for the first couple of years.. I was scraed to death I was going to send one onto the road or into the parkinglot and I didn't want there to be any way for the ball to be traced back to me. I always carried different brands of balls for the same reason.

Today I use one of those cheap-o ball markers form Wal-Mart. They put a good line on both sides of the ball to help with lining up perfect putts.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by DirtCheap

I didn't mark my balls for the first couple of years.. I was scraed to death I was going to send one onto the road or into the parkinglot and I didn't want there to be any way for the ball to be traced back to me.

I don't suggest using a full name along with contact info as a ball mark...

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Haha....I hope that's not your real name/number.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Another funny story..

Years ago, I sat down to mark some balls and I pulled out my 25 pack of colored sharpies.
I got distracted by something and my two year old decided to mark my balls for me.
When I got back, my balls looked like easter eggs. It was one of those "awesome to be a daddy" moments.

I took a few pictures and saved a couple of the most colorful balls.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I don't suggest using a full name along with contact info as a ball mark...

If you're only playing with TopFlight D2 Feels, and they're all marked with a little kangaroo, and some lady with a cracked windshield walks up with a D2 Feel with a tiny kangaroo on it, you're pretty much screwed.
However.. If you have 5 different brands of unmarked balls in your bag, you are gold!

I almost might as well write my name and number on my balls because everybody knows my mark.....

004.jpg

With that said, there is always DENIAL.....who's to say the ball wasn't lost weeks ago????..........and somebody else hit it through that large picture window?

LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

My Mom passed away 4 yrs ago...since then I've always placed her initials (MMG and then I place a  <+>< underneath it) on all my Golf Balls,  sometimes I also place my 2 childrens initials (A.A)  also.

Originally Posted by ThreeYellows

I had these made for a buddy of mine...He's in the office today so someone should call him a say they found it in their daughter's room or in their windsheild.

LOL...this is awesome...probably not for him though....LOL

Originally Posted by JerryTimes

I don't mark them.  I don't see the point.  If I'm playing with people, it's not that hard to know which ball is yours

I have had other golfers come into the rough on my hole while I am walking towards my ball and try to convince me that they are also playing that same exact ball and number and saw it go in the same direction.  That's the real reason I mark mine

What's the meaning B-Con? :smartass:

It's the "hacker" logo for Linux / FOSS enthusiasts, and I kind of consider myself one. I'm also a "hacker" in the golf vernacular. So by using the logo on my golf ball I'm bridging my two interests using an self-descriptive vocabulary term for both.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I put three green dots in a triangle of dimple. Dots go on the opposite side of the ball from alignment arrow.

A couple of times a year there's a question on whose ball it is if the course is crowded. Some golfers can tell you what brand of ball they hit, but not the model or - zounds! - the ID number. If it's a golfer who plays whatever balls he found in the treeline in the last round, he often can't remember which kind he hit on the last shot.

All I have to do is hold up a matching Gamer.v2 with three dots, and the other guy is a believer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

I put three green dots in a triangle of dimple. Dots go on the opposite side of the ball from alignment arrow.

A couple of times a year there's a question on whose ball it is if the course is crowded. Some golfers can tell you what brand of ball they hit, but not the model or - zounds! - the ID number. If it's a golfer who plays whatever balls he found in the treeline in the last round, he often can't remember which kind he hit on the last shot.

All I have to do is hold up a matching Gamer.v2 with three dots, and the other guy is a believer.

I found a ball marked exactly like this on an nxt tour (same ball I use). I used it for probably 40 holes. makes me want to use this mark.

Dont worry guys this ball didn't have a chance of being someone elses. Thats my biggest peeve.

I started giving my balls a little asteroid belt. I mentioned earlier that I dont like the sharpie leaving marks on my clubs so I just connect from one titleist all the way around the ball with a dot inside each dimple.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I still play random balls from my friends yard. He lives on my home course, and lets me have what ever I want. I still have all the Pro V1, and Pro V1x's saved up, and plan to use them one day in a couple years lol. When I do pick a ball and start buying packs, they will be Nike. I just like them for some reason, and you can mark them like this, and I plan to.

11136%7C000002348%7C3d0f_Eddie-Robinson.jpg

and

Blechh.jpg

Sincerely, Jim

i never marked my golf balls and had never run into anyone who uses bridgestones so i figured i was in the clear. i bought a bunch of bulk used balls and since some were different years, different models and no number patterns i just decided to put 3 dots in a triangle on each blank side of the ball. i sat down and cranked out two dozen or so like this and threw them in my cart bag.

i was a single that was matched up with a 3some and after a brief hello we all teed off. i hit mine to the right of the fairway and the guy i was riding with put his in the same area. we drove up and i saw bridgestone e6 and grabbed a club. he said that's mine and when i went up to the one a little ahead sure enough i saw my 3 dots.

he hit near me for most of the day, but those 3 dots made it simple to know which ball belonged to me and we could just zip by it on the cart and see the three dots so we could try to locate other balls from our group.

anyway, it doesn't take long to do and it saved me the headache of trying to guess at which ball belonged to which one of us all round.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!