IGNORED

Tommy Two-Gloves

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think golf is any different than hockey or baseball; the majority of the players have to learn their trade in the minors and make their way up, but there are no guarantees. In both of these sports, there are a lot of guys who are career minor leaguers and never make the show.

In hockey, a guy like Sidney Crosby who walked in right after the draft and was an impact player is rare; most guys go back to junior and then do a few years in the minors before they make the NHL. I think these mini-tours are even more important for the golfer because it's an individual sport, and you can't be brought up and used as a utility or fourth line player while you mature. Guys like Zach Johnson is a perfect example; hell, he couldn't even go to the college of his choice because he wasn't good enough out of high school. But, like other sports, he is the exception, not the rule, of those who make it to the big time.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy will make the PGA Tour eventually and be a solid player.

He played extremely well at the Wachovia Championship but made some stupid mistakes and missed the cut (naturally so for someone in their first PGA start).

He put himself in position to win on the Nationwide Tour the very next weekend, making some mistakes due to nerves on Sunday and not playing a solid round (who can blame him)?

He wins this Hooters Tour start. He's earned his way into every tournament he has played thus far. This guy has the talent and motivation and I'm certainly rooting him on.

Good luck TOMMY TWO GLOVES.
Whats in the Bag?

Titleist 907D2 - UST ProForce V2 65S
Callaway X-Tour 15* - Fujikira Tour Platform
Titleist 755 - DG S300TM RAC TP Wedges - 52, 56, 60YES! Tracy IITitliest PRO-V1
Current Handicap - 4

I don't think anyone is ready to crown him the next Zach Johnson, but he certainly has a lot of people rooting for him (if not trying to copy his swing!). He's got a certain John Daley appeal about him, though not anywhere near his talent.

The Hooters tour is a long way from the big leagues, but if he can win 30k for playing golf for 4 days, I'm sure he'll be able to continue to work on his game.

I'm certainly pulling for him.

I might actually have something in common with the guy - when I hit driver, and sometimes longer irons, my follow-through resembles his quite closely. As to two gloves, I wore two gloves for about one round. I actually lost the other, but it was hurting my feel for the club anyway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I might actually have something in common with the guy - when I hit driver, and sometimes longer irons, my follow-through resembles his quite closely. As to two gloves, I wore two gloves for about one round. I actually lost the other, but it was hurting my feel for the club anyway.

lamebums two-gloves? Nah, just doesn't have that ring to it like "Tommy Two-Gloves"!

• 2 weeks later...
I like the passion that Tommy 2gloves gives to the game. I like the way that the young man handled himself on both of the Big Breaks. I hope that the guy does well. BTW I met Albert Crews from Big Break on one of our local courses a few weeks ago and played 9 holes with the man.

Albert hit every fairway... his short drives were a mere 300 yds and when he missed a green he never left himself more than a tap in for par... It was a wonderful experience watching him play golf.

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

lamebums two-gloves? Nah, just doesn't have that ring to it like "Tommy Two-Gloves"!

Yeah, that didn't roll too well. I did find my right hand glove in the bottom of my father's bag (along with about $50 in change) - lord knows how it got

there , since it's one size too big for his hand, anyway. I keep it around in case my right hand suffers at the hands of the grip - blisters are not a fun thing, but I still need to scratch the golf itch. So, just in case.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
South Carolina General Assembly

I'd be pissed if as a taxpayer my government officials were wasting time doing that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Tommy Two Gloves would take money from anyone on this message board.

That's hardly the point, and I don't see anyone denying that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd be pissed if as a taxpayer my government officials were wasting time doing that.

Hate to be the one to ruin your day, but I can't believe you are unaware that state legislatures do this all the time.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0336&pn;=1931 or how 'bout this one: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0333&pn;=1929
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Hate to be the one to ruin your day, but I can't believe you are unaware that state legislatures do this all the time.

Shazam! And I find out about Jimmy Buffet Day in Pennsylvania one day too late!! What will I do, what will I do?

Fear not, 3Q.

Why do I think it is coming your way if, in fact, it hasn't already?
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

• Administrator

I know they do. It's annoying. They waste a lot of money. Every state, every branch of government.

Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!