IGNORED

Taylormade driver : RBZ or RBZ Tour driver

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, I play off 12 handicap and would like to know what would better suit me, the RBZ or RBZ Tour?

I have tried the RBZ on a course and was very impressed with the distances, slight draw and feel.

I have quite a high ball flight.

Would the RBZ better suit my swing?

Hit them both on a launch monitor.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by sergie

thank you. is one harder to hit than the other?

The tour is likely less forgiving.  Might be lower spinning too.  I would imagine less draw bias too.  There have been times were I was certain a tour model would be better for my swing and when I hit them side-by-side the regular model was the better club.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

In my experience, a tour club is roughly 2* open. If you hit a nice draw with the standard, go with that, it's likely with the tour spec driver, it will turn into a small fade.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, there are actually four types of heads for the RBZ.

Regular

Regular Tour

TP

TP Tour

To my knowledge, the "Tour" versions offer deeper faces while the TP has the upgraded shaft and more muted feel/sound.  The TP Tour has the deep face and muted sound while the TP non-tour has a slight shallower face but still muted sound.  Hope this helps a little.

i've always been a fan of rocketballz (love taylormade and like the color scheme, important stuff you know) and i was having a particularly bad day at the range when i saw they had a 9.5* rbz for demo.

i had been hitting my cleveland xl270 all over the place since i adjusted my swing and when i started the hitting the rocketballz i was getting straight and long results. a lot of that comes from hitting a stiff as opposed to my ultra flexible R flex, but it was a blast.

i went later that night to golfsmith to try one out and the guy set me up with a 10.5 tour S flex (i wasn't even paying attention i figured it was a 10.5 standard model). anyway i was fading (spent 4 hours at the range previous to this trip) so i wasn't the most consistent but the distances were just killer and my swing speed picked up 8 mph from my old club. to be certain this wasn't just a result from finally getting a stiff driver i tried the new cobra amp. it was set neutral and i just absolutely drew/hooked the crap out of it. i set the face to open and repeated with a less severe, but still way left shot. i tried the 10.5 standard RBZ and i could tell it was definitely leaning left as well.

i checked some of the contact marks on the tour model and saw that i was pretty uniform in the center of the face, just a half a ball high or low, but the slightly smaller head didn't affect my hits as much as an apparent slight draw bias that they put on some main stream drivers. (that's what the sales guy told me, i mean obviously i was at fault for some of the left because i was hanging back, but there was a pronounced difference between tour and non to me).

they're the same price so i went with the tour 10.5. i took it to the range, bombed the crap out of it, but had some lefts so i turned the head down all the way to 9* and was pretty happy, but i definitely saw a couple start leaking right. went home and turned it to the middle setting between lower and standard and played with it today.

it was absolute money. i hit almost every fairway (up from the 2-5 i might get lucky to hit in a normal round) and i knocked two around the 270 mark with a good majority probably falling into the 250 range. (for reference the cleveland was 210-230).

i don't know if the tour is really more neutral like the guy selling it said or if it was just in my head, but for me it was worth it. the driver itself gives me worlds of confidence off the teebox that i was lacking before and it seems the more i try to crank into it the further and straighter it flies.

sorry to be so long about my story, but i never thought i could drive the ball like i did today consistently. it was a lot of fun and the rocketballz 10.5 tour was definitely the ticket.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

• 4 months later...

hmm good read..I'm in the market for this driver as well and I just got back from golfsmith...I may need to go back and try it on the launch monitor to get a better understanding..I was just hitting into the net and this shaft and head feels really good for me....

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Bit the bullet and bought the Tour driver...I have no problem launching the ball high and always wanted a lower trajectory drive...hopefully I'll get the results.

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

• 4 months later...
Originally Posted by juicemilton

For the record, there are actually four types of heads for the RBZ.

Regular

Regular Tour

TP

TP Tour

To my knowledge, the "Tour" versions offer deeper faces while the TP has the upgraded shaft and more muted feel/sound.  The TP Tour has the deep face and muted sound while the TP non-tour has a slight shallower face but still muted sound.  Hope this helps a little.

Just brought the TP to replace my Callaway edge driver and it gives me a real straight drive (I fight a slight slice) with 30/40 more yards ...great shaft, and the sound is just bliiiiinnnnnggggg.

I love it, got it at half price. the stage 2 looks like a "tour" depper face, I dought if fits me better than this one.

Thanks for the post.

What kind of shaft do you have in the TP? Just looked it up: Fujikura Fuel 60 with the .335 tip. Nice.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Hi Kujan, sorry for the late reply, I´m on different time zone, Europe (Portugal).

The Shaft is a Matrix Ozik HD6 amazing results, but again, I came from a 9º Callaway edge driver with Habbanero stock shaff

and this is 10.5º TP shaft and with the slight draw bias is straight and very long, I was expecting 17 more yards, but it gave me

30 insane... I dont know if its a conjunction of factors (after market premium shaft, more loft, RBZ hot face), just amazing.

I got it with a 10% weekend discount, so 161.GBP  here: http://onlinegolf.co.uk/TaylorMade/TMade-RocketBallz-TP-Grp-1/234190,en_GB,pd.html

I saw the driver has been marked down $50 and I'm thinking that upgraded shaft makes a big difference.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Originally Posted by mpluis

Yes I think the diference between  "made for" and the "Real" shafts go a long way.

The website where you purchased your club doesn't show the shaft, but it is quite likely NOT an aftermarket Matrix Ozik. Not saying it isn't a good shaft (I had one on my RBZ for awhile, then changed to a V2). But if it has RBZ and Taylormade markings on the shaft, it is the stock Matrix shaft made for Taylormade, with different characteristics than the "real" Matrix Ozik HD6. A little higher torque, for example.

I just google this:

"All shafts this year in the TP models will be the standard graphics from the shaft company, aside from Matrix HD6, Aldila Phenom 65 and 80, and Matrix RUL 70. As these four shafts are the stock shafts in the R11s TP and the RBZ Tour TP, they will be TaylorMade graphics. They are all the actual model of the shaft (not Proprietary or "Made For" shafts), as every TP shaft is and has been for the last few seasons.

Stew "

From :http://bombsquadgolf.com/Invision/index.php?/topic/8993-rbz-tour-tp-shaft-question/

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!