IGNORED

2 bad holes :(

jetsknicks1
Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ApocG10

You got in your own way. You started thinking about breaking records.

Play the course in sections of 3-6 holes, dont think about anything but your game, and you will have less of those blow-ups. Concentration is a huge key.

The last two times I did this I shot personal bests on back to back days. I think there's something to this.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Those rounds you just have to try to take the positives from it... yeah you blew up two holes but you managed to pull it all back together which is great, a lot of guys would just check out after two holes like that.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ApocG10

You got in your own way. You started thinking about breaking records.

Play the course in sections of 3-6 holes, dont think about anything but your game, and you will have less of those blow-ups. Concentration is a huge key.

GREAT SUGGESTION !!!! I've noticed that after about 6 holes I start to diminish, and it's because in the back of my mind I'm thinking of all 18 holes. Example, About 3 weeks ago I stood on the 6th tee box 1 over par with no bogeys. When I realized what I was doing I fell apart thinking too much. By the way I've carded a 13 on a par 4, it was a lesson in hitting over a pond.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

You got in your own way. You started thinking about breaking records. Play the course in sections of 3-6 holes, dont think about anything but your game, and you will have less of those blow-ups. Concentration is a huge key.

This makes sense. I find the guys I play with who consistently play well really "think" their way around the course, and concentrate. I hit enough good shots that I should score better than I do, but I can't seem to avoid the inevitable disaster hole(s) pretty much every round I play. I'll give this a try.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I know it's cliche, but... ...one shot at a time. As you go through your pre shot routine, thoughts about your final score on that hole, the next three holes, the round - any result - can only distract you from the task at hand, which is to hit the best shot you can right now. That's my take, anyway. If you can get ahead of yourself and still play good golf, you're a better player than me.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

I find a bit of healthy competition is good for my game , sure everytime i tee off on the first i`m thinking "wanna break my record" , once thats gone out the window i can concentrate on maybe beating my friend instead , Last Sunday  i was nine shots down at the turn , my mate was very ungraciously telling me how much i was losing by , then the claw back on the back nine  , ended up winning by seven shots (scores were abysmal though and i think i`ll keep em to myself

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

I havn't yet broken 80 this year and would have given myself a great chance but for one blow up hole on the front 9 yesterday.

Par, Bogey, Par, +4, Birdie, Par, Par, Bogey, Par to post a +5 40, never really got it going on the back with 2 pars and 3 doubles for a 45.

The 4th was a truly horrible hole, I chunked a 9 iron that went about 40 yards and to the right and into some trees, the worst part was that my second was a really good shot, punching a 3 wood almost to the green, but it is a raised green and my chip on went off the back. I then tried to putt up the hill but didn't hit it and it came back to me. I finally got on in 5 and two putted for my 7. God knows what I did because I havn't hit a shot as bad as that for a long time and next two holes I put my approaches 3 and 5 feet away from the hole respectively. Lack of concentration I suppose.

On the front my two bogeys came from two missed putts within 5 feet, and I should have birdied the 6th too. Should have posted at least 37.

I hate this game.

Originally Posted by sportsnut

Boy is it good to not be alone in the struggle. I have been lamenting over the very same thing for about a month now, usually the front nine with snowmen or double bogies which throws me out of the running to break 90 on a couple of holes, I get it together in the back nine but its too little too late. There is some good swing thoughts and mental notes in this thread that I will try to use to restructure my attempt to reduce the impact of a bad hole(s) I have the same issues as listed by others; chunked shots, over flying a green, thin shots, the occasional water seeking ball are a real pain in the butt. good luck in the quest to all.

I know right?!

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Those rounds you just have to try to take the positives from it... yeah you blew up two holes but you managed to pull it all back together which is great, a lot of guys would just check out after two holes like that.

This is what I really took from it. Normally, I'd let those two holes roll around in my head for a while, ruining the next few. This time I just bared down and played thru and was able to get back on track.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!