IGNORED

My Swing (funkstr1974)

funkstr1974
Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by funkstr1974

SORRY ABOUT being so close to the camera you cant see my head.

One thread, please. I've merged them but the idea is that you only have one "My Swing" thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The red line describes the shaft angle at adress and the yellow line describes your shaft angle at impact. When people talk about being on plane in a swing it happens when red and yellow coincide at impact, so you need to hit a lot more on the plane to dont get the slice you probably struggle with now. On the right pic you see the red arrow describing how your hands move, to avoid swinging over the top you need to get your hands move more like the green arrow. Filming and experimenting is the key and also watch some youtube videos on over the top.

his hands are low at address so highly unlikely he will bring it back on that plane anyways.  Alot of golfers play on the elbow or shoulder plane not the shaft plane.  Would be better to draw a line from the ball up through his elbow to get a closer reference but, again camera angle and other factors could distort that.  I'm not a big fan of drawing lines anyways.

Also take a look at this to help setup the camera better so people can give you better advice.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thanks a ton guys im working hard on this and your feedback helps me that much more i appreciate it keep it up im trying to learn this best as i can i love this game and im tired of getting upset with it because of my monster slice on my driver. ive been watching a bunch of youtube videos on downswing sequencing tomorrow going to practice removing my slice with my right leg back behind me as a closed stance to try and hook the ball with a inside out swing. and proper swing plane.

ok guys ive been practicing my swing time for some pointers i hope im getting closer to a good swing hopefully these drills and all the youtube videos ive watched helps here is my videos,

Not sure if it's just the camera angle but your shoulders look way open (aimed well to the left) which will be causing you to swing across the ball from out-to-in which in turn will be causing slice spin to be imparted on the ball.

Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!