IGNORED

What gets you motivated to exercise?

jshots
Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lost over 28 pounds just hitting golf shots every day. Now, adding yoga. Never felt better.
  • Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Lihu

Lost over 28 pounds just hitting golf shots every day. Now, adding yoga. Never felt better.

That is awesome!  Congrats on getting the weight off.  Hopefully you are feeling stronger and healthier.  Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Just decided one day I wanted to see what my body was capable of. Been a vegetarian for over a year now, but recently switched over to the Dr Fuhrman Eat To Live "Nutritarian" diet. I lost even more weight, so I figured might as well work out also for maximum benefit. Just finished the first 30 day cycle of P-90X and I feel fantastic. I just bought 2 pair of waist size 32 golf shorts. My wife likes it..............LIFE IS GOOD

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I enjoy the pain in all honesty. I enjoy seeing the changes my body makes and the way I feel afterwards, the euphoria and all, is just something I really love.

I can't deny that some of it stems from the fact that we Americans tend to be known as the fattest people in the world, and I refuse to be a part of that group.

Finding that, as I get older, schlepping the clubs through the garage to the trunk and then from the trunk to the cart, is getting tougher.  Same can be said for the groceries.  Also, wanting to know how my body responds to a regular exercise schedule after a lapse of over 15 years and after a bout with cancer.

I can't help slowly becoming an old fart, but I can avoid becoming a weak one.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Excercise has to be fun for me. I started riding a bike last summer, and I really enjoyed it. Got a trainer so I could ride my bike indoors this winter, but I hated it. Staring at the wall and pedaling in the same spot did not do it for me. I only lasted on the trainer for a few weeks before I quit. Now I can't wait until spring so I can ride again.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much that motivates me to go to the gym now.  The looks i get from girls at the beach, and in the gym, feeling like I am in shape.  Sports wise It helps me jump higher and at the 1 outdoor basketball court in my hometown people would say "hey watch out for that white boy, he'll dunk on ya if you don't watch out", and in golf it helps me hit the golf ball pretty far.  I love the reactions i get from people when they see me hit, people that have played with me will tell others "hey you need to see how far this kid hits the ball" not to sound conceited or anything but compliments like that make my day, and i know there's no way I'd be able to do these things if I didn't bust my tail in the gym.  Not to mention it the overall health benefits of getting in cardio and weightlifting on a regular basis.  Overall there are a ton of things that motivate me to go to the gym, and honestly I don't think ill ever stop going.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After deployments i become un-motivated not to work out alot. but when i notice any change i get back to it hard!.... i LOVE crossfit, and  palieo diet!  i do lots so mid- long runs and lots of core and moderate weights when I'm not crossfit-ing.  my real motivation is a quote that a old leader gave me "never let them have the satisfaction"  and i help everyone around me get motivated about anything they need.

• 1 month later...

The Scale! And knowing that 2 years ago I was buying XXL golf shirts and the last shirt I bought was a Nike body mapping large.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Took some time off, and ate lots of pigs. Started to feel heavy and I could feel that blood pressure increasing again. Now that I am hitting daily again, I lost two inches around the waist, and am below 200 again :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

try licorice root tea, the licorice helps the adrenals. And stay away from caffine and sugars, they mess with the adrenal glands..

I love licorice, but was told that it causes high blood pressure. I would suppose, once or twice a week would be good. I've been drinking Yerba Mate two or three times a week. It has very high caffeine in the first shot, but smooths out after a few refills of hot water. Many people throw out the first shot, due to the concentrated caffeine levels. However, it has many other beneficial stimulants and vitamins. Again, I guess moderate amounts can be good for you.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Originally Posted by tmf9

There is so much that motivates me to go to the gym now.  The looks i get from girls at the beach, and in the gym, feeling like I am in shape.  Sports wise It helps me jump higher and at the 1 outdoor basketball court in my hometown people would say "hey watch out for that white boy, he'll dunk on ya if you don't watch out", and in golf it helps me hit the golf ball pretty far.  I love the reactions i get from people when they see me hit, people that have played with me will tell others "hey you need to see how far this kid hits the ball" not to sound conceited or anything but compliments like that make my day, and i know there's no way I'd be able to do these things if I didn't bust my tail in the gym.  Not to mention it the overall health benefits of getting in cardio and weightlifting on a regular basis.  Overall there are a ton of things that motivate me to go to the gym, and honestly I don't think ill ever stop going.

I'm glad you threw that in there before you complimented yourself too much!

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by tide

I enjoy the pain in all honesty. I enjoy seeing the changes my body makes and the way I feel afterwards, the euphoria and all, is just something I really love.

I can't deny that some of it stems from the fact that we Americans tend to be known as the fattest people in the world, and I refuse to be a part of that group.

I agree with this, I enjoy the soreness. It makes me feel like I worked hard and I'm going to get the results I want.

I find that watching the golf channel helps me work out. It slow me down and help me focus on form when I'm doing my lifts. For cardio, I could see fast music, but I don't like the music for lifting. Not to mention, part of the lifting motivation is definitely to play better golf.

If anyone needs a testimonial to the idea that lifting helps your golf game, I can vouch. By no means am I a big guy, in height or in strength. Always a scrawny kind of build. But I started hitting the gym last year and saw instant results in my golf game. I'm 24 years old and have been playing golf basically half my life, rarely scoring in the 70s. Last year I got my handicap down to 9 and posted my three lowest rounds ever (76, 76, 78). I'll also add that personally, I don't think it needs to be a huge commitment. I go to the gym twice a week for about an hour each session. 20 minutes cardio, 40 minutes lifting, but I really do go twice a week and commit to that hour. For me, that's been enough to notice changes in my body and the consistency of my golf swing.

• 2 weeks later...
The heart attack I had a year ago, plus the 55 pounds ( changed the way we eat, exercise, all also worked to get my blood work good, also before my heart attack) I lost before the heart attack. Had it after finishing my workout, 3 stents put in my RAC.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!