IGNORED

Posting scores on GHIN website

Jeffrey71
Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone else ever had issues posting scores at the GHIN website?

Usually whenever I post a score it will immediatly show under the recent scores. Recently, today included, I've had issues with the score posting. About 2 months ago I tried to post and I didn't think it went trough so I tried again. Still, no show that it posted, so I tried a third time and a red note came up saying "this score is not in your usual scoring range. post score anyway?" I disregarded the warning and went ahead and hit "post" and a 132 for 9 holes came up. Needless to say I had a sickly feeling of what this would do to my handicap. I got in touch with my local golf association guy who manages this stuff, he corrected it and I posted the correct score and it showed up.

Today, I tried to post a score - same thing is happening. I did not however post the score when it asked if I wanted to post a score outside my usual range. The score for todays round doesn't even show.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

I post almost all of my scores through GHIN.com and have never had a problem, and the score instantly is added to my recent scores.  I did set up an "eGolfer" account on GHIN--not sure if that makes a difference.

Note when I post through the computer in the clubhouse, it does take a day before it registers (i've made the mistake of forgetting I posted in the clubhouse, and then posting online resulting in two identical scores for the same day; had to call the club to correct it).

Not sure what's going on with your scores.  Maybe browser/cookie settings or something?

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

No problems here, but I'll certainly keep an eye out.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, I reposted my score this morning, and the little red note came up again. I went ahead with the posting. The score that was post was a combined score of 82, a 45 from a 9 hole round I played 2 months ago and the 37 I shot yesterday. The reason for the little red warning was because I've never shot as low as a 37!!!! LOL   Yea me....and yes I did shoot a 37 ( 2 over par) best round of my life so far. So the moral of this story is all is well in GHIN land  I've been practicing the 65/25/10 practice ratio for a little over a week and I've been working on ball striking for a while, plus alignment. I guess it's all starting to pay off.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Ahh Jeffrey71, i think i figured out your problem perhaps...

When I post a 9-hole score, nothing will show up on your recent scores until you have another 9 to make a full 18, even if it takes weeks or months to get the second nine.  So perhaps you posted 9, saw nothing so reposted etc.... (still can't figure out the 132 though!)

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

I've gotten a server error when trying to post my last two 9 hole scores.  Usually there is no problem.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've tried using the GHIN app recently.  It hangs up and shows no posting.  If I do it again, it double posts.  My pro is getting upset with me by now I'm sure as he's had to delete several scores in the past few months.  As for the site, it has been really slow I think.  Also scores not showing up right away.

I've tried using the GHIN app recently.  It hangs up and shows no posting.  If I do it again, it double posts.  My pro is getting upset with me by now I'm sure as he's had to delete several scores in the past few months.  As for the site, it has been really slow I think.  Also scores not showing up right away.

Are you posting 9 hole scores? As boogielicious said, a 9 hole score will not post until another is posted, then they'll combine to one full round. If you post one, then repost it again, it will combine them both and that will appear to you as a "double post".

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Usually, I go onto the "e-golfer" clubhouse thing so I can post my stats on the hole-by-hole. I posted last night and everything worked just fine.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

I have been having issues with other components of the ghin website. It keeps just coming back to the login screen.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!