IGNORED

Anyone hit Razr X HL's?

Note: This thread is 4132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No I haven't but I did just buy a set of Razr X last year (hear there similar).  I'm in LOVE with them.  Had a custom fitting with Callaway before I bought them.  Very easy to hit and very forgiving for those missed shots.  I have probably knocked 5-9 strokes off my game this season.

I play Razr X irons and Razr X Hybrids.  They are really, really nice.  Hit them first, but they launch high and are extremely forgiving.  Aiming middle of the green with these things is GIR city.  I strongly recommend them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

See this is why it's hard to go by other people's opinions when buying gear... I personally didn't like the Razr HL.  I thought the felt kind of dead or numb on contact even in comparison to my terrible Nike Sumo2 irons which I think are incredibly dead on contact.

I'm far from an expert on club selection so take my view with a grain of salt lol.  Bottom line is go hit them and see what you think... compare them to other clubs in the same class and price point as well and go with what makes the most overall sense.

Personally I found the Cobra S3 and S3 Max to be the best clubs in that range for me.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet because my swing is still a work in progress but unless something drastically changes they will definitely be on my shortlist.

Was fitted for my HL's 6-9 w/4 wedges. Wanted graphite shafts and was very pleased with them during the fitting. The Callaway rep suggested I try the steel shafts as well. They were so so until I hit the SG-95 TT (reg) shafted HL's. What a huge difference, much much nicer than the graphite. I have to say these helped my scoring but with winter and a very sore back I am having a rough go even swnging the club.

The secret.... get fitted!

When I was looking for new irons this summer, the Razr X HL's were one of the sets I tried, along with Mizuno JPX800 and Ping G20's. It came down to the Razr X HL's and the Ping G20's. I found the G20's to be more forgiving and more consistent with distance between clubs. The HL's seem to launch the ball a little too high for me. I ended up getting custom fitted for the G20's and I love them. Whatever you decide, make sure you get fitted.

Originally Posted by aangel

When I was looking for new irons this summer, the Razr X HL's were one of the sets I tried, along with Mizuno JPX800 and Ping G20's. It came down to the Razr X HL's and the Ping G20's. I found the G20's to be more forgiving and more consistent with distance between clubs. The HL's seem to launch the ball a little too high for me. I ended up getting custom fitted for the G20's and I love them. Whatever you decide, make sure you get fitted.

I too, went to get a set of irons because I passed down my Burner 2.0 set to my son whos taking up golf now. So it was between Ping G20, Razr HL, or TM Rocketballs. Well the Rocketballs were almost exactly like my Burners. The Ping and Callaway felt better. Both were very forgiving, and the Razrs hit the ball higher and had a better sound. Me personally went with the Callaways.

DRIVER: - 910 D3  8.5° / blk Ops stiff shaft

3 Wood:  -  913 Fd  15°

HYBRID:- :ping: -  G25 3H 20°

IRONS:  - 712 AP2, 4-7 : 714 CB - 8-PW

WEDGES - - Vokeys SM4 - 52°-GW, 56°-SW, 60°-Lob

BALLS:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

PUTTER: -  - Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

• 2 months later...

OK..so now I have played 10 rounds with RAZR X HL 6-AW.

I bought used from Callaway pre-owned in "like new" condition, bent 1 deg flat, with regular flex steel shafts. I am a senior with slower but smooth swing tempo. The 9-PW-AW worked great. 6-7-8 irons were not giving me the distance so I switched them with graphite in regular shafts. I had them bent also 1 deg flat. Without the flatter lie, I tend to hook the ball.

These irons are very easy to hit high and straight. I am quite satisfied overall and they will stay in my bag for a long time. The swing weight is just right. They have some offset but it is not excessive. The head size looks about right size, not too big or small. I do not take deep divots and still these irons are giving me very good high trajectory. The distance is quite predictable & consistent. For best results with these irons, focus on a smooth swing, not hard swing.

Note: This thread is 4132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!