IGNORED

Playing Partner

THollenden
Note: This thread is 4201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GixxerTed

Bout 4 hours man.  I live in asheville.

Beautiful part of the world. I was on a vacation down there and stayed at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate. While driving from the Inn to the Estate all I could think is that they could build an awesome golf course on some of that land. What is it, something like 10,000 acres?

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

Beautiful part of the world. I was on a vacation down there and stayed at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate. While driving from the Inn to the Estate all I could think is that they could build an awesome golf course on some of that land. What is it, something like 10,000 acres?

Close.  Its like 8k acres.  It is beautiful here and we do have a few nice local golf courses.  The biltmore estate brings in alot of revenue to this area. We go every couple years or so. Got some friends that work there so tickets are free.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

Originally Posted by THollenden

that is long drive.

Sure is. Maybe one day we can meet up and play a course in charlotte.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

Hmmm... I will just say it. Quit being a weiner and either play/practice by yourself, accept that if you are going to play with him, you will play his way or just pull up your sack and tell him that you don't enjoy playing with him because the negativity ruins it. 100+ scores are not unusual so there is no reason you can not keep it moving. I quit taking practice swings after I figured out that I could hit just as crappy of shot with or without them. Go to the range and get used to a quick preshot routine.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To bad he is like this tell him you do not enjoy playing with him and move on. Your not married to him!

Go by yourself and meet some new people, some maybe better/worse  or the same as you? There are some really cool people out there that would love to have you added to there group.

To bad my father inlaw was told by his friends he was no good so they did not want him to play with them anymore. Better he find out where he stands then to think they are okay with him.

So he plays with us instead, I dont care if your a pro or a hacker we are there to have fun. If you do not like the way we play go some place else you need to do the same.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I'd tell him "Pops, it's just not fun for me to play with someone who is always on edge about not playing fast enough.  I try not to waste time but I'm just not a good enough golfer to keep up with you.  I'm not enjoying being outside playing what should be a really fun game because I'm always worrying about the pace of play.  I think it's best if I play by myself or with other slower golfers until I get good enough to keep up with you."  And then when he asks how you're progressing, shake your head sadly and tell him "I'm getting a little better but I'm still not good enough to keep up with you."  Keep telling him that, even if you end up with a lower handicap than his.

I'm really conscientious about slowing things down too much on the course so to a friend I've been teaching to play over the last several years, I probably seem like your father-in-law, reminding him to take his putter with him to chip onto the green when we're riding, to leave his bag on the side of the green nearest the next tee when we're walking, to give up and hit another ball after a reasonable search, etc...  However, if no one is behind us, I don't usually care if someone is takiing an extra minute or two here and there.  I do hate playing with Hurry-Up Guy.  I've told some people before "I'f you're in such a hurry to finish up and get off the golfcourse, why do you bother?  Why don't you just do something indoors like bridge or bowling?"

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 4201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!