IGNORED

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Beachcomber!- wondering if you called the course yet? and if your extra players are coming...

if you have not called, I will.  I spoke to the tourney director a couple of weeks ago, and she called me again a couple of days ago to see if we wanted to do the early booking.

We have a solid 3 groups worth of people.  I think we could book 4 groups and if we need to cancel the 4th group (if some cant make it) we can do that.

I am down to book the times.  It is $150 deposit, and then $66 per golfer (cart included-due at the course on the 16th). Early booking means everyone must pay for a cart, even if you want to walk.  I think it would be pretty disappointing at this point, to have this not work out for some reason.

I will call tomorrow, as I would imagine the tournament director might not be working on Sunday.  Cool?

Thanks pakoh, I tried calling today without any luck. Do you get the $150 deposit back when we all check in and pay? BTW, It will be just me, now. My kid is going to need to do high school application forms and practice tests for the next few weeks. Even through Christmas vacation :( I'll make it up to him the next tourney, though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Lihu

Do you get the $150 deposit back when we all check in and pay?

I would imagine it goes toward the green fees, but i will find out for sure.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Beachcomber!- wondering if you called the course yet? and if your extra players are coming...

if you have not called, I will.  I spoke to the tourney director a couple of weeks ago, and she called me again a couple of days ago to see if we wanted to do the early booking.

We have a solid 3 groups worth of people.  I think we could book 4 groups and if we need to cancel the 4th group (if some cant make it) we can do that.

I am down to book the times.  It is $150 deposit, and then $66 per golfer (cart included-due at the course on the 16th). Early booking means everyone must pay for a cart, even if you want to walk.  I think it would be pretty disappointing at this point, to have this not work out for some reason.

I will call tomorrow, as I would imagine the tournament director might not be working on Sunday.  Cool?

Thank you Pakoh, yes please go ahead and call tomorrow.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by iacas

I looked for flights. I was seriously considering coming, and I'd have kept it a surprise until I was there (and tried to bring some things). But the wife nixed that one by about a hundred bucks.

I expect lots of photos, a video or twelve, and some embellished tales! :)

This would have been pretty awesome, I must say ...

Originally Posted by iacas

Well since I'd probably try to stay with you, I'm not sure that would have worked out very well...

A flight out of Cleveland costs a bit less...

Ummm, sounds like the door is still open a tad to this possibility??

Pakoh, thanks for making the arrangements, I totally agree that you should just book the 4 groups if she'll allow you.  I, too, would be pretty disappointed if it didn't work out because we couldn't get tee times or something.

If you have a paypal account, I would be happy to pay my $66 to you whenever you'd like so as not to leave you with the entire 150 bill for the next 2 weeks.  Just let me know!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

If you have a paypal account, I would be happy to pay my $66 to you whenever you'd like so as not to leave you with the entire 150 bill for the next 2 weeks.  Just let me know!

Same for me Pakoh.

Also I remember a post on here about dividing the groups by handicap, I personally think it might be good to try and mix up the handicaps.  Have each foursome be a "team" against the other groups.  Play a two best ball, winning team gets the prizes.   Just an idea, I haven't done anything to try and organize the event so I probably don't have much say

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Same for me Pakoh.

Also I remember a post on here about dividing the groups by handicap, I personally think it might be good to try and mix up the handicaps.  Have each foursome be a "team" against the other groups.  Play a two best ball, winning team gets the prizes.   Just an idea, I haven't done anything to try and organize the event so I probably don't have much say

I think that is a very good idea.  At my father-in-laws club, their tournaments are all like this ... each team has an "a" player, a "b" player, etc.  Additionally, if we're able to book 4 times, even if we only end up with 12 players, if they'll let us, we should play 4 teams.

I would imagine it goes toward the green fees, but i will find out for sure.

Great. Thanks for covering the deposit. I look forward to seeing you there.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Same here... just give me your info.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Sorry guys been out of pocket the last couple of days.  Pakoh, I'll send you a PM and lets coordinate.

Its On!

Dec 16th- 9am Players Course @Mile Square. (10:15 on the classic course was also available, but since i remember others wanting to start early i went for the 9 am times)

we are booked for 4 groups. We can adjust that if need be.

looking forward to it!  See you guys on the 16th!

Its On!

Dec 16th- 9am Players Course @Mile Square. (10:15 on the classic course was also available, but since i remember others wanting to start early i went for the 9 am times)

Sounds perfect, thanks Pakoh!

Now we don't have to sweat the tee times, and can concentrate on working out the format, groupings, etc.

Its On!

Thanks dude!  Look forward to it.  As I mentioned via PM, I'm confirmed for +1... Could be +3.  Waiting on formal response from 2 of my peeps.

Update:

Went to the course to get the paperwork.  We need to have everything squared by this friday, including greens fees.  So we need to know exactly how many people and everyone needs to prepay.

Apparently the $150 deposit she mentioned to me 2 weeks ago was to hold the tee times until full payment is received. since we are less the 2 weeks out and the tee times go public this coming weekend, we need to settle up by friday to ensure our times.

$66 each.  If you want to paypal me i am willing to help coordinate.  If you have a +1 it would be nice to get one payment for the 2 players.

the spot is reserved still for "the Sand Trap Golf Tournament".

Update:

Went to the course to get the paperwork.  We need to have everything squared by this friday, including greens fees.  So we need to know exactly how many people and everyone needs to prepay.

Apparently the $150 deposit she mentioned to me 2 weeks ago was to hold the tee times until full payment is received. since we are less the 2 weeks out and the tee times go public this coming weekend, we need to settle up by friday to ensure our times.

$66 each.  If you want to paypal me i am willing to help coordinate.  If you have a +1 it would be nice to get one payment for the 2 players.

the spot is reserved still for "the Sand Trap Golf Tournament".

I can send you payment for mine.  Please let me know where to send it.

Regarding the +1 or others that I'm working on - please let me know if they can simply call the course and give them their cc #'s over the phone?  I'm not sure if these folks all have Paypal (or are willing to send payment)??

I can send you payment for mine.  Please let me know where to send it. Regarding the +1 or others that I'm working on - please let me know if they can simply call the course and give them their cc #'s over the phone?  I'm not sure if these folks all have Paypal (or are willing to send payment)??

That would be easiest for me if everyone could do that. I just texted the tournament director and asked. I will post when I hear back.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I can send you payment for mine.  Please let me know where to send it.

Regarding the +1 or others that I'm working on - please let me know if they can simply call the course and give them their cc #'s over the phone?  I'm not sure if these folks all have Paypal (or are willing to send payment)??

Same here.  I can pay you now ... I don't use Paypal that much but I have an account somewhere and can reacquaint myself quickly enough. Or, if the course will let us pay them directly and you don't want to have the hassle, I can do that too.

Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!