• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agoodmanmbk

R11s 5 wood

10 posts in this topic

I just bought a r11s 5 wood and I also have a callaway diablo 3 hybrid 21*. the problem im running into is i traded in my 56* wedge and 50* wedge to pay for the 5 wood. was this a bad decision. it leaves me with a GW at 49* and an additonal Vokey wedge at 60*. I hit the r11s really well but the question is is it necessary if I have a 3 hybrid as well? or should i return it to Rodger Dunn and get another wedge?? say 54*?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

I'd use a sand wedge a metric sh*t ton more than I would a 5W if I already had a 3 hybrid that I hit well & didn't have anything between a PW & LW.      Definitely get that 54 degree sand wedge...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd use a sand wedge a metric sh*t ton more than I would a 5W if I already had a 3 hybrid that I hit well & didn't have anything between a PW & LW.      Definitely get that 54 degree sand wedge...

Gotta agree.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what if i got rid of the hybrid and then got the wedge? but kept the wood?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to mention this next point - after you've bought the 5W - but could you quick-swap it for a 4W? For most golfers, a 4W is easier to hit than a 3W, and it would carry farther than the 5W. Also, it would widen the gap between 3H and fairway wood. BTW, I tried out the Diablo Edge hybrids when they came out and really liked them - but, I went with a TM Raylor instead.

Try out the 54* SW and make sure it gets you out of the sand OK. I dumped a 54 and went back to a 56* because of this problem.

Here's what your bag adjustment would look like:

Driver = 1

5W = 1 ( Swap for R11S 4W... 17* ?)

3H =1

JPX = 8 (4i-GW)

Vokey Ws = 2 (?) 60* + 54*

Putter = 1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

I hate to mention this next point - after you've bought the 5W - but could you quick-swap it for a 4W? For most golfers, a 4W is easier to hit than a 3W, and it would carry farther than the 5W. Also, it would widen the gap between 3H and fairway wood. BTW, I tried out the Diablo Edge hybrids when they came out and really liked them - but, I went with a TM Raylor instead.

Try out the 54* SW and make sure it gets you out of the sand OK. I dumped a 54 and went back to a 56* because of this problem.

Here's what your bag adjustment would look like:

Driver = 1

5W = 1 (Swap for R11S 4W... 17* ?)

3H =1

JPX = 8 (4i-GW)

Vokey Ws = 2 (?) 60* + 54*

Putter = 1

I ended up getting a Titleist 910H 19* while turning in the Diablo 3 hybrid and bought the 54* vokey. I think im set now. I really appreciate the insight guys

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

what if i got rid of the hybrid and then got the wedge? but kept the wood?


I currently dont have a 5 wood in my bag.  My hybrid I hit about 220-230 and then use my 3 wood if i need it.

Get the wedge!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

I ended up getting a Titleist 910H 19* while turning in the Diablo 3 hybrid and bought the 54* vokey. I think im set now. I really appreciate the insight guys


oh... i should have known this since we played 2 rounds together last sunday ahah.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Avant

Quote:

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

I ended up getting a Titleist 910H 19* while turning in the Diablo 3 hybrid and bought the 54* vokey. I think im set now. I really appreciate the insight guys

oh... i should have known this since we played 2 rounds together last sunday ahah.

hahah right? i didnt have the Titleist Hybrid then i just got it yesterday. and got my scotty extended to 36". San Clemente Sunday!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0