IGNORED

R11s 5 wood

Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just bought a r11s 5 wood and I also have a callaway diablo 3 hybrid 21*. the problem im running into is i traded in my 56* wedge and 50* wedge to pay for the 5 wood. was this a bad decision. it leaves me with a GW at 49* and an additonal Vokey wedge at 60*. I hit the r11s really well but the question is is it necessary if I have a 3 hybrid as well? or should i return it to Rodger Dunn and get another wedge?? say 54*?

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

I'd use a sand wedge a metric sh*t ton more than I would a 5W if I already had a 3 hybrid that I hit well & didn't have anything between a PW & LW.      Definitely get that 54 degree sand wedge...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd use a sand wedge a metric sh*t ton more than I would a 5W if I already had a 3 hybrid that I hit well & didn't have anything between a PW & LW.      Definitely get that 54 degree sand wedge...

Gotta agree.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

what if i got rid of the hybrid and then got the wedge? but kept the wood?

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

I hate to mention this next point - after you've bought the 5W - but could you quick-swap it for a 4W? For most golfers, a 4W is easier to hit than a 3W, and it would carry farther than the 5W. Also, it would widen the gap between 3H and fairway wood. BTW, I tried out the Diablo Edge hybrids when they came out and really liked them - but, I went with a TM Raylor instead.

Try out the 54* SW and make sure it gets you out of the sand OK. I dumped a 54 and went back to a 56* because of this problem.

Here's what your bag adjustment would look like:

Driver = 1

5W = 1 ( Swap for R11S 4W... 17* ?)

3H =1

JPX = 8 (4i-GW)

Vokey Ws = 2 (?) 60* + 54*

Putter = 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by WUTiger

I hate to mention this next point - after you've bought the 5W - but could you quick-swap it for a 4W? For most golfers, a 4W is easier to hit than a 3W, and it would carry farther than the 5W. Also, it would widen the gap between 3H and fairway wood. BTW, I tried out the Diablo Edge hybrids when they came out and really liked them - but, I went with a TM Raylor instead.

Try out the 54* SW and make sure it gets you out of the sand OK. I dumped a 54 and went back to a 56* because of this problem.

Here's what your bag adjustment would look like:

Driver = 1

5W = 1 (Swap for R11S 4W... 17* ?)

3H =1

JPX = 8 (4i-GW)

Vokey Ws = 2 (?) 60* + 54*

Putter = 1

I ended up getting a Titleist 910H 19* while turning in the Diablo 3 hybrid and bought the 54* vokey. I think im set now. I really appreciate the insight guys

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

what if i got rid of the hybrid and then got the wedge? but kept the wood?

I currently dont have a 5 wood in my bag.  My hybrid I hit about 220-230 and then use my 3 wood if i need it.

Get the wedge!

I ended up getting a Titleist 910H 19* while turning in the Diablo 3 hybrid and bought the 54* vokey. I think im set now. I really appreciate the insight guys

oh... i should have known this since we played 2 rounds together last sunday ahah.

Originally Posted by Avant

Quote:

oh... i should have known this since we played 2 rounds together last sunday ahah.

hahah right? i didnt have the Titleist Hybrid then i just got it yesterday. and got my scotty extended to 36". San Clemente Sunday!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!