IGNORED

Cold weather golfing....What's the coldest weather you've ever played in?

migrant6294
Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love UA stuff but it's too expensive as underwear so I've found suitable alternatives. Target carries the Champion C9 line and I can't tell the difference between that and my UA gear. Actually think they do a better with their cold weather compression gear than anyone else. The highest rated cold compression C9 stuff is in the $20 range compared to UA's $50 and up. Kohls sells Tek Gear and I like that too but I think their compression gear runs a little small so I have to buy a size up.

For me it's less about the base layer than whether or not the outer layer has any wind blocking properties and if it's quiet and comfortable. Usually two layers are enough for me. I use the C9 base layer, silk long underwear paired with a cold weather compression mock. Over that I have a UA windbloc fleece 1/4 zip and winter weight golf pants. Not picky about the pants, buy whatever is on sale, which more often than not is Adidas.

That said It's all about keeping my hands, feet and head warm. I keep hand warmers in my mittens and my pockets. Always wear a stocking cap, most refer to it as a beanie now. Feet are trickier but I have lots of high tech socks from my hiking and running days. As long as I can do that everything else feels warm.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by saevel25

Honestly, if its mid 40's in early spring, which i have played golf in before, i will just wear underarmor under my golf shirt. It really does keep me warm, and doesn't impede my swing at all. I am like you, i can't stand wearing all those layers. Jackets even bother me.

But try different brands, i like underarmor because it works, i own three of them, that will last me years since i only wear them to fall sporting events and chilly golfing weather.

But it does take getting use to, the stuff is form fitting, so don't be worried if its snug.

Yeah it is snug, but it does not impede my golf swing. And when I get good and warm, it keeps me dry (from sweat in cold climes). Its good stuff...

Not so hip to their spring and summer fare tho, Nike is much better.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

I'm headed up to Indianapolis from Florida after work tonight for a week at the in-laws (with a sleepover in ATL).  I was looking at some of the golf courses in the area a while back on the off chance they might be open if the weather wasn't too bad.  I came across a place about 5 miles from the in-laws' house that was having a scramble on Jan 1st called the Frozen Open.  I just found out that it got cancelled due to the blizzard that came through this past week.  What a bummer!!!

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

Originally Posted by Bye Bye Ball

I'll generally play in anything save for driving rain.

Not much fun when you can't grip your clubs and your glove is sodden.

Wet gloves. They work really well..

Cold AND rain, though? No.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!