IGNORED

Any of you guys ride a motorcycle?

darkhunter139
Note:Β This thread is 2758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I rode one once, I was so underwhelmed. It didn't do anything a motorcycle should. I don't get why people are so loyal to them.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by logman

I rode one once, I was so underwhelmed. It didn't do anything a motorcycle should. I don't get why people are so loyal to them.

There's a saying among Harley riders.Β  "If you have to ask, you just won't understand....."

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That fine but it's a bit esoteric when you pull on the front brake and nothing happens or you go around a corner and scrape the crap out of everything, then hit the throttle........and nothing

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Yeah, but Isn't that an H/D. I mean.....really? Ok, if your an I.T/ computer type guy or your riding it as some sort of bet or something.

You just can't help it can you? Is it a cultural thing or is it just you?

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Not cultural. Two of my best Marine Corps buddies were Aussies. Great guys.

In David's bag....

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Just having a bit of a crack Erny. And come on....... it is the worst motorcycle ever made.

Originally Posted by logman

Just having a bit of a crack Erny. And come on....... it is the worst motorcycle ever made.

Harley has been building motorcycles for over 100 years and they are fine machines. Β I have owned 3 already and never had any issues with either of them. Β Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to call them the worst ever made is pretty ignorant.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Crusher47

Harley has been building motorcycles for over 100 years and they are fine machines. Β I have owned 3 already and never had any issues with either of them. Β Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to call them the worst ever made is pretty ignorant.

FWIW, Logman is restricted from this thread now.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Hello, Β Well, I have a BMWR1200GS , a Harley Softail Deluxe and my wife has a Suzuki Vstrom 650 and a Harley Fatboy. Β I've been riding for 48 years and my wife for 11 years. Β It's both of our passions. Β We love to tour and camp out while doing so. Β Our last trip was over 6400 miles over seventeen days. Β We really don't ride around town too much, it's just become too dangerous. Β I've never stopped learning things about riding because when you think you know it all is when you're in trouble. Β My advice for what it's worth, Β take the safety course but realize thats just the tip of the iceberg in learning. Β There is a saying, Β all the gear all the time (atgatt). Β Buy quality gear and use it each and every time you ride.

It's ridiculous when a motorcycle thread comes up and people start bashing one brand or the other. Β Just ride and enjoy which ever bike you want. Β Oh, and be sure to ride as if your invisible because people really don't see you.

• 2 months later...

I used to ride Triumph Bonneville which I had modded to cafe style. Now I live in US and ride HD Nightster with kind of a straight pipes. It is small, agile, LOUD and I love riding it. My perfect weekend is divided to golfing and motorcycling.

Driver: Β  Β  TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws: Β  Β  Β  Β Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids: Β  TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons: Β  Β  Β Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges: Β Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter: Β  Β  TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Got my motorcycle endorsement in 1985, bought a new Honda Nighthawk back then.

I now own a 1995 HD 883 I bought new.Β  And a 1984 Honda Gold-wing.

My wife and I ride the Gold-wing, we love it.

For a long time I thought my 883 was the perfect commuter bike, with a windshield I get right at 60 mpg.

Fun to ride, lots of pep, simple.

But now I have to admit the old Gold-wing is my favorite, with just me I get 47 mpg.Β  But the biggest

benefits are all the water tight storage and that big windbreak up front. She makes for a nicer ride in

to work on those cool mornings at 4am.

Rubber down.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately due to a leg injury my riding days are over.

I am contented these days doing the next best thing for me - top down on my 2013 Beetle Turbo.

With all that said I primarily rode BSA motorcycles and at one point owned two - A Lightning and a Starfire Scrambler both 650cc.

Although these are not my pic's, both are pretty accurate to my rides.

I did a few thousand mile rides on each of these - suffice to say that I carried a tool kit

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet . Always had a soft spot for British thumpers. One of the first bikes I remember was my dad's Norton Atlas, then the follow-up Commando. Sorry you can't ride anymore, but what great memories....

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Originally Posted by Sherpat

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Always had a soft spot for British thumpers. One of the first bikes I remember was my dad's Norton Atlas, then the follow-up Commando. Sorry you can't ride anymore, but what great memories....

One of my friends rode a Commando, not much too look at British style wise but a fast bike.

Quik note - he rode it close to 100k miles with out any real work, unbelievable for a British bike.

Anyhow our mechanic said that one day it would turn to dust beneath him - he had never seen a Brit bike that did not need major work @ the 40k mark.

BTW - I had the entire topΒ end done around that mileage - blew it out @ 5k later as I never had it adjusted.

I pulled piston pieces the size of quarters out of the oil pan.

Hence the reason for owning the Starfire.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally decided to pull the trigger.... My new to me toy...

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Schweet! :-)

In David's bag....

yes. I have owned 7 motorcycles (mostly cruisers) and that played havoc with my golf game. I did not do a lot of golf for about ten years as most of the time was riding around in the desert and mountains, area 51, Baja California. Its kind of hard to carry a bag of clubs on a motorsickle.Β  "I doan wanna pickle, I jus wanna ride my moto sickle". (Arlo Guthrie, I think).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note:Β This thread is 2758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!