IGNORED

Price to play golf on course's in your area

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw this brought up in the "is interest in golf slipping thread"..

I dont even think the interest in golf is slipping but price's do deter some people from playing more often.

I can play not so decent golf at twilight for $12. Thats slow greens and fairways that arent so great.

Another course I play often is 16 after 5pm.

I can play golf where tournaments are held for $25-35 after 5pm.

This is all Canadian money, but alot of these course's are 50 and up duriing the morning and afternoon hours.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• Administrator
$18 to $150, all non-twilight rates. I have about 30-40 courses within 45 minutes of where I live, including of course several private clubs.

I don't see this thread going anywhere. What's the point? People are going to talk about courses you can't play that are either good values or not. I think the cost of golf is high, but it's four hours and courses are expensive to maintain, further so with Augusta National and the PGA Tour making guys who can't break 100 demand at least good conditions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't see this thread going anywhere. What's the point?

On the contrary, I think this is a very interesting topic. I don't know if I'm in the minority but we'll see I guess. To me it is interesting to hear the prices other areas have to pay for a round of golf, then compare that to what I have to pay.

Here in Sioux Falls, South Dakota we have 2 private courses and all our public courses are pretty much evenly matched as far as quality is concerned. Within approximately 20 minutes we have about 10 courses. Weekend prices are right around $28-$36 for 18 holes, cart will knock you for another $12-$14. We get a bit of a price war to speak for twilight rates and most places will drop to around $20 for all the golf with a cart after 4 Fri-Sat-Sun only. My course has what I think is the best deal around and that is $35 for all day golf and a cart on Monday and Tuesday. If you can take a day off work that is a good time to go get in 36 or so.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I think its pretty interesting too...

Summer rates at courses around here are usually between $25 and $40. In season rates usually triple that. There is a nice little par three that goes for 12 bucks but I can get in free if I go with a friend, who went to a golf class which got him free golf for the summer.

I love to hate this damn game.

Southeastern PA. A lot of courses, many private but many public as well. Just about any decent course is at least $60 on a weekend with cart, and most have a nice tiered rate structure. Problem is, even if you climb the charts toward the $80-90 courses, you're looking at a weekend round of 5 hours easily, maybe more. Most places, I don't even go near on a weekend. I have a lot of $20-30 weekday twilight options, but even those, if I go right from work and tee off at 5:30pm or such, I'm not likely to get my round in, even with dusk holding off until 8:30pm or so right now. Very frustrating.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

It costs $45 Mon-Fri and $55 on the weekends for the lowest level courses here (resort area). Though they sprinkle the newspapers with $25 fees all the time. Plus, if you sign up for their e-mail newsletters you can typically play for less than $30. The really good courses are about $75 at any given time.

Most of the courses in my area are overpriced because of the large tourist draw and the fact that they know they can get whatever price they want due to the vacationers. The best bet here is to know what newspaper circulars to watch for and that keeps the price reasonable.

Todd

I can play twilight at once course, this includes 2 green fees and a cart for 30 bucks, a realll good deal, and i even managed to get 18 holes in. At my club, a junior green fee is 24 bucks and i think an adult is around 40. Little par 3 courses are reall cheap here, i know one course i sometimes go to for fun is 8 dollars.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Here in orlando, IMO the only way to be able to play golf often is to either be super rich, or work in the industry. Golf is way too expensive here to be an avid player and have to pay full price.

There are a few reasonable clubs in the area, Orange Tree Golf Club is one of them, I believe initiation is around $4k, $250 per month dues and $120 per quarter F&B; requirement... cart fee per 18 is an additional $18. That is about the best deal around for a really serious player.

Otherwise, take a course like MetroWest... its about $60 per round (but it does got down for twilight) plus range balls.

I try to play or practice 5+ days per week, so having to pay full price just isnt feasible for me. If I didnt get discounted or free golf, I wouldnt be playing.

the only way to be able to play golf often is to either be super rich, or work in the industry

Is it safe to assume then that you're in the industry? If so what do you do?

Those fees are amazing, a lot of my friends here complain that it costs them $40 for 18 and cart around here. Being exposed to boards like this and having conversations on rates, I'll gladly pay the $40! After work today I'm going to walk 9 at a local city course, it'll run me right around 11 bucks.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Courses around here run about $20-25, but the cart will bust you for another 15, leaving you with an average of $35-40 for 18 holes. Weekday play is slightly cheaper, as well as some twilight rates (I know one course which is only $16 all you can golf after 4 PM with a cart, and another which is $25 all day all you can golf). Basically, courses around here run from $20 to $80, depending on where you go and how cheap you're willing to be.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

OK, I live in the very extreme north east corner of Tennessee. Public courses are about $21 per round week days. That includes cart, if you want to continue you have to come up with another 10 bucks per 18 ($5 for 9) for the cart. Week ends and holidays are about $5 more. The best course here ( rated 4 star by Golf Digest) will cost you $34 week days and $ 45 weekends and holidays. They also have specials that I love “cause I am a cheap SOB ( sweet ol’ boy)
My membership at a local , well, kind’a ok course, costs me $125 per year,( eat your heart out) but I have to pay for a cart even if I walk ( fat chance of that!)
Golf is cheap here unless you play 5 or more rounds a week, like me. I still have to buy groceries and beer, you know.
In January and Febuary I am lucky to get in 6 or 8 rounds even with a cart cover and propane heater. Boy, I hate winter, all 9 weeks of it!

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

We have many courses here in Houston, TX ranging in price from $13.50 - $90+

Average nice courses are $45-65 for weekday/weekend play. The nicer ones are higher obviously.

I do enjoy a course they claim as, "The World's Longest Lighted Golf Course" at 6777 yards. We can tee off as late as 9PM for 9 holes. I've been out there after midnight finishing up a round before. It's a great way to feed your addiction!

The local course here in Colorado where I live is $29.00 for 18holes, cart and a small bucket. If I drive 3 hours up to the mountains then the cheapest you will find is $100.00 not including cart or range balls. We do have a golf passport deal here in Colorado that if you buy it for about $50.00 it gives you free, discounted, or half off greens fees. You can usually make up for the cost of the passport after about two rounds of golf, espically up on the mountain courses. After about four rounds it will usually pay for the gas also.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

I live in a different area, than a "regular" town or city.
In Banff Alberta, there's one course, and regular green fee is $200.00.
Thankfully I can afford a membership at a very reasonable rate.

20 minutes down the road, in Canmore at 3 courses it costs $100 - $175.
45 minutes away in Kananaskis it's $75
1.5 hours in Invermere BC it's $100 or more, with about 7 courses.
1.5 hours in Calgary you can get your $30 - $40 rounds in.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Here in Des Moines, the 3 city courses (two are very good, one is a bit older and quite short - also, bring your hardhat), will run you in the upper 20s to lower 30s with a cart during the week. I don't know for sure what the fees are since I get a 25% military discount. 18 riding during the week runs me something like 25 bucks for a very nice par 72 course. Most courses around will run you in the mid 30s for a round and a cart. You can go spend 100+ at Tournament Club of Iowa or Harvester which are all quite nice, if not outside my current skill level. There are several private clubs around that are nice, and membership is fairly reasonable, running anywhere from 125 to 500/month.

All in all, golf in Iowa is an awesome value, and there are a ton of courses considering our modest population, and they are generally quite well maintained.

My course costs £10 for the day, as many holes as you like.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Here in New Zealand, my club is $20 per round. I am a member so pay $40 per month for as many rounds as I like. Most expensive is like $1000 for a years membership. Not many people pay green fees, just join a club. Then we have interclub tournaments so you get to play all the other clubs for free!

Here in New York City it is $42.50 (with reservation fees) on weekends and maybe $5 cheaper on weekdays for all the muni's. If you head out to Long Island the fees start at $45 for Bethpage (not black) and can go up into the $200-$300 range. The most expensive place I actually play is Lido Beach as a non-resident and that is $52. All of these rates do not include carts which are in the $26-$33 range.

In my bag:

TaylorMade R7 Superquad - 11.5 deg - Diamana Whiteboard 63-S
Tour Edge Exotics - CB2 16 deg - Diamana Redboard 73-S
Taylormade V-Steel 24 deg - Diamana Redboard 83-STaylorMade R7 XD - 5i-AW Project X 6.552 deg Miura Forged Raw56 deg Fourteen MT-28/56V3 60 deg - Fourteen MT-28/60V2 P...

Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!