• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
mdwelton

Reshaft Armour Titanium 845's

mdwelton    0

I was lucky enough to find a set of Titanium 845s for $25, with broken shafts on the 3 and 5.  I am looking for advise for reshafting them myself.

I am fairly new to golf and a grad student, so I am looking to do this myself, spending as little as possible.  I have bored out the old shaft, so the heads are clean and ready to go.  Any advise is appreciated regarding brand, technique, and where to shop.

My plan right now is to get on ebay, pick up 2 reasonable priced blanks, some epoxy, some grips, and stick um all together.

The rest of the set have G-Force 3.3 regular graphite.

Thx!

Dave2512    275

It sounds like you are into the project as much as anything but really no reason to if you just want to complete the set. Chances are you can find matches on ebay for less than the cost of a shaft. I've bought a few complete sets of 845's this year in the $40-60 range. Individual clubs are ebay are $5-10.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

mdwelton    0

Thanks for the feedback.  I checked out replacement clubs on ebay and the best price I could find was 25 (with shipping) for a beat up 3 iron.  There is a little larger selection for the silver scot.  I definitely get a kick out of the project, but I am really open to most alternatives (including playing without a 3 & 5).

WUTiger    453

You might have better luck if you could got whatever model of TA irons with the same shaft as yours, and swapped out shafts. If you got a couple of 3 irons with the same shaft, you could do a pull out, and then trim the second for the 5i.

Just depends on total cost.

Or, you could talk to a clubfitter and see if a modern shaft is the rough equivalent of the the 845 shafts, and use a newer shaft as a replacement. You might send an e-mail to the GolfWorks guys (Ralph Maltby) and see if they have any advice.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • Hit the range, and only got to hit like 15 balls, with about 4 times as many practice swings. Took like an hour to hit 15 balls?!? My driver would have been usable on the course, and I was drawing my irons a bit too much, but it was somewhat controllable with the face angle. Distances on driver were short while the shorter irons were carrying further than usual? My 6i carries exactly the same on goo shots as in warm weather. I was having fun with my irons this morning. It was about 45F early on in the Arroyo before the sun came out even though the official city temperature was around 58F. The lower temperatures might have been the cause for the funny ball behavior? The tempo training seemed to help my swing a lot. Now, I need to remember everything before my swing and kind of ingrain this behavior a bit.
    • New course yesterday and only 30 putts with no 3 putts.  I know the golf gods will get me for that though!
    • You got that right! If your not competing for something, why are you out there? We'll compete for as little if, I beat you, you owe me a beer! There's gotta be something on the line!
    • Took them out to the range and suffered for it, since it got about 90 degrees here! Is this Fall? Actually had to go sit in the shade and drink some water about half way through. Actually got both clubs pretty well straightened out, and hit them for decent distance and direction. Both shafts are labeled R, but felt completely different, the TM shaft feeling much softer. Thus the ongoing shaft nonsense! The Callaway produced a nice, high pitched "crack" when I hit the ball as opposed to the low "thunk" of the TM. The sound of the ball leaving the face didn't seem to have any impact on how the ball flew. I also brought along my current Driver, a Cobra King F6m adjusted to 12 degrees loft. The TM was the "standard" 9.5*, and the Callaway was 11*. I could get more air under my drives, and more carry, with the Cobra than the other two. It was not a huge difference, but there was a difference!  
    • http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1858113   86 at my home course.  40 first nine, including a chip-in birdie on #9.  46 second nine, including three doubles (#s 13, 14, and 17).   Lost 3.12 off tee, 4.94 on approach, 0.7 on short game (!!!), and 4.94 on putting. Thoughts:  two really bad tee shots, plus a weakling.  Hole #1, pulled into a tree, hole #14, a hook into some trees.  Glad to have not lost a ball on either.  Hole 2, just hit a weak drive.  Other than that, I think my drives were pretty good.  Only other meh one was a slice that came out of nowhere on #18, and then I followed it up with a stupid shot that could have gone into the driving range.   First round with new irons, hit 5 GIR and 5 near-GIR.  Had three holes where my birdie attempt came with a full swing shot (but within 100;  two were full flight gap wedges) that hit the green, so that had to have helped my short game stat.  Putting was unimpressive and I missed enough short ones that my two really good 2-putts (#2, #3) don't really make up for it.  Still, a round where I didn't really feel in control at any point and I played to my handicap.  That's pretty good!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. StevenR84
      StevenR84
      (33 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon