IGNORED

My Swing (Gofas)

Gofas
Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Gofas

I have back spin on approach shots now :):):):)

Sweet!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2nd day I golfed since messing with my swing.

the first day was good I had similar score and decent shots. 5 over on a par 3 course, best ever.

Well today was a day of HOOKS!

I think I was burnt on swinging after all the practice this week.

One thing I noticed is that I was not keeping left wrist flat in back-swing sliding into old routine.

I must take a break and rest the muscles and then get some more video up of practice and some shots.

I knew I was in trouble with this hook after 5min on the range before the round. I could not correct the hook and it stayed with me the whole round. in all my irons from 8 to 4. not so bad with the four iron. This is a new phenomenon. never been much of a hooker.

I noticed I feel if the toe is hitting the ground my lie seems off. I seem to be swinging steeper than before.

did well with my new 3 wood for a change and the driver is just ok.

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

2nd day I golfed since messing with my swing.

the first day was good I had similar score and decent shots. 5 over on a par 3 course, best ever.

Well today was a day of HOOKS!

I think I was burnt on swinging after all the practice this week.

One thing I noticed is that I was not keeping left wrist flat in back-swing sliding into old routine.

I must take a break and rest the muscles and then get some more video up of practice and some shots.

I knew I was in trouble with this hook after 5min on the range before the round. I could not correct the hook and it stayed with me the whole round. in all my irons from 8 to 4. not so bad with the four iron. This is a new phenomenon. never been much of a hooker.

I noticed I feel if the toe is hitting the ground my lie seems off. I seem to be swinging steeper than before.

did well with my new 3 wood for a change and the driver is just ok.

Just for your understanding, if you were hitting shots off the toe, that will make the ball curve more to the left.  Keep up the good work with the practice.  Just need more reps.

Mike McLoughlin

Found this video of Faldo.  This is first video of someone doing the same routine as I use or used before working on this one piece take away that im working on now. Is he not having to roll the arms to be in that set-up position? Is this old school or what? notice that Toe up position. crazy toe up!

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Found this video of Faldo.  This is first video of someone doing the same routine as I use or used before working on this one piece take away that im working on now. Is he not having to roll the arms to be in that set-up position? Is this old school or what? notice that Toe up position. crazy toe up!

Yep that's crazy toe up!  This is where listening to pros can be tricky.  Before re-building his swing his Leadbetter Faldo had a very closed club face going back, he struggled with pushes and hooks.  I don't agree at all with toe up at that position.  We call it A2-clubshaft parallel to the ground on the backswing.  I like the drill but disagree with the club face angle and where the shaft lines up.  Shouldn't be parallel to the stance line, it should be on a "line" that extends out from butt of the club at address.   Basically a few inches inside the stance line.

Here's a swing of Faldo's, you can see the toe isn't up at A2.  If the toe was up and club face would be too open to the inclined plane.  We bend over, so we play golf on a diagonal plane, square would be somewhere in the 25-40 degree range.  Doesn't have to be exact.

This looks really good to me, notice how the shaft isn't on the stance line and toe isn't up

Faldo feeling the drill, shaft on the stance line and then his real swing.  Hands and club shaft are more in

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

My legs especially my thighs and and left hip/thigh are spent. I have never been this sore from a golf swing. I have to keep my knees flexed a lot more than before it seems. I have a lot of down force on front leg. My ball seems to draw at the pin now with a weird side spin. I hope rest is the answer for now on keeping the shots pure.

Noticed I have different hand action leading to flat left wrist. this seems to be leading me to different wrist set on back-swing. Im now reading some on how to cock right wrist. it seems that it now bends from thumb to forearm. which is not much. totally different feel so far from other swing. I just seem to be really be using my legs more.

I like the sound I hear now on iron shots. A nice clink!

I better get some video up and see if I'm still on the right track with the help of you all.

not sure how to adapt this to driver from top of back-swing

All my swings seem shorter.

Deep shoulder turn is where my power could dwell. this swing seems to help taking advantage of max shoulder turn to centered hits.

For some reason setting up my shot I can see my feet on the left track and ball on the right track toward the target. I never could see lining up like that in the past.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

My legs especially my thighs and and left hip/thigh are spent. I have never been this sore from a golf swing. I have to keep my knees flexed a lot more than before it seems. I have a lot of down force on front leg. My ball seems to draw at the pin now with a weird side spin. I hope rest is the answer for now on keeping the shots pure.

Noticed I have different hand action leading to flat left wrist. this seems to be leading me to different wrist set on back-swing. Im now reading some on how to use left wrist. it seems that it now bends from thumb to forearm. which is not much. totally different feel so far from other swing. I just seem to be really be using my legs more.

I better get some video up and see if I'm still on the right track with the help of you all.

not sure how to adapt this to driver from top of back-swing. I seem to run out of rotation.

Deep shoulder turn is where my power could dwell. this swing seems to help taking advantage of max shoulder turn to centered hits. practice practice!!

For some reason setting up my shot I can see my feet on the left track and ball on the right track toward the target. I never could see lining up like that in the past.

Realizing what is at task.  can a 42 year old learn the one plane swing after a year of two plane swinging?  This one piece take away has led me to trying a one plane swing.

I got all this interest in the swing mechanics just from the practice of this take a way. keeping club-head inside of hands.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Noticed I have different hand action leading to flat left wrist. this seems to be leading me to different wrist set on back-swing. Im now reading some on how to use left wrist. it seems that it now bends from thumb to forearm. which is not much. totally different feel so far from other swing. I just seem to be really be using my legs more.

not sure how to adapt this to driver from top of back-swing. I seem to run out of rotation.

Deep shoulder turn is where my power could dwell. this swing seems to help taking advantage of max shoulder turn to centered hits. practice practice!!

Realizing what is at task.  can a 42 year old learn the one plane swing after a year of two plane swinging?  This one piece take away has led me to trying a one plane swing.

I got all this interest in the swing mechanics just from the practice of this take a way. keeping club-head inside of hands.

I love the sound of the flush iron shot!

If it feels like you're running out of rotation you might be rotating back too quickly or not rotating enough in the backswing.

And yes, you can learn a new kind of swing, if you're willing to try, learn what your misses, and don't let mistakes be acceptable. I think you can do it, you definitely seem willing to put the work in to make it happen

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

I got this video of me swinging with hybrid.I will try and get back to the point of the first lesson of my attempt of the new take a way with irons soon. I got kinda carried away from the point of first lesson. I dont use the hybrid as much. Got it back in the bag recently for shots at 200 or a little more. my 4 iron is running at around 185-90 at this point.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

!!!!New Hybrid 4 swing!!!!

Trying to be like MVMAC. this all started with take away drill.  notice clubhead in front of hands. at least that is what it feels like.

This is what I think is the better package for me using the 4 hybrid or any club for that matter. im able to have high or low ball flight depending on ball position.

Also swinging like this enables me to spank a 3 wood off the deck. Still unsure of Driver yet. Soon will tell cause Im using almost golfballs which gives me backyard practice with Long clubs.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Now how to clear the hips properly and really drag the club through. in slowmo I look so Ott.

Cause now I feel im getting my arms out of the swing compared to old swing which good, or at least this is i what I think?  And feel maybe by looking at the vid im coming out of posture still.

Maybe I jest. more work is likely. however Im enjoying the contact im getting with the long clubs.  Club head outside like Ricky Fowler or Gram McDowell.

Am I on the right page with all this?

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

these swing It looks like im on plane. no Ott. So I got to keep my arms shoulders from coming in first from top of back swing.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!