IGNORED

Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full

tstrike34
Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today's round of golf resembled St. Andrews.. Tons of fog and a course that looked like it really got it's butt kicked by TStorms while I was in New York.

But, I digress...

I carded 43 on the front nine... Yay me (2 birdies (first birdies in 4 years), 1 par)... I was grooving thanks to the swing thoughts from Colin, Mike, and Erik.

Then the back nine had a group (even 2) at every hole resulting in extremely slow play.

End result? I hacked up the first 4 holes of the back nine and quit. I never got my groove back.. Hacked up everything. The slow play really threw me off...

Ever had a day like this?

Driver: Diablo Edge Octane 11.5*  Senior Flex

Irons:  Diablo Edge 4-AW

Putter: G5I CRAZ-E

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Im confused by the question a little.

Are you asking- Have I ever had a good front nine and stunk on the back? Yes all the time.

or

Are you asking- Have I ever been extremely frustrated by the slow play of others? Yes all the time.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Had both instances happen a few times. No fun. I've thought of keeping a small book or a magazine in my golf bag. That way instead of focusing on how frustrating slow play is, I can just hit the "pause" button.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Had it happen to me today.  Had a very good front 9, but then caught up to a couple groups who were playing slower than we were and had to wait for almost every shot and my game went down from there.  I felt like it took forever on the back 9, but the total round time was 4:12, so we must have been moving pretty good on the front 9.

Originally Posted by MJK3122

Im confused by the question a little.

Are you asking- Have I ever had a good front nine and stunk on the back? Yes all the time.

or

Are you asking- Have I ever been extremely frustrated by the slow play of others? Yes all the time.

The slow play really threw me off my groove. There are just so many swings before you get worn out before you strike the ball.

What should I have done?

I kinda feel bad because I felt like I quit on myself and blaming the slow play; however, it really affected my play today.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

Had it happen to me today.  Had a very good front 9, but then caught up to a couple groups who were playing slower than we were and had to wait for almost every shot and my game went down from there.  I felt like it took forever on the back 9, but the total round time was 4:12, so we must have been moving pretty good on the front 9.

I actually felt like I should have took my frontside 43 and went home.... Today was cart path day (lots of rain and mud). There was no lift, clean, and replace in effect either.

The back nine crowd sapped my mojo.

Originally Posted by tstrike34

Quote:

I actually felt like I should have took my frontside 43 and went home.... Today was cart path day (lots of rain and mud). There was no lift, clean, and replace in effect either.

According to whom? Were you playing in a tournament? If not, you and your group that you are palying with/against determine what you want to do with the ball. If you're just banging balls around, you can tee it up for every shot for all anyone cares...

dak4n6

Originally Posted by tstrike34

The back nine crowd sapped my mojo.

Well, cart path only when you're riding will zap you anyways.  I played Thistle near Myrtle Beach once when it was cart path only and they still would not allow us to walk.  The fairways are super wide, so if you hit to the wrong side, you've got a long walk out to your ball and back to the cart.  I ended up walking double the distance that I would have if I would have been allowed to walk, found myself with the wrong club in my hand quite a few times and would not walk back to change it, and generally had a miserable round.  It was over 90 with 90% humidity as well, which just added to the pain and suffering.

It was so bad that I ended up trying to hit near the cart path instead of hitting where I should have been, just so I didn't have to walk as far.  If it's been raining, I now call ahead to make sure it's not cart path only if the course doesn't allow walkers (most courses in MB don't).  I've canceled 5 or 6 tee times in the past year because of it.

Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!