Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, no context, just that this was in Texas. 

49AK35A.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Sorry, no context, just that this was in Texas. 

49AK35A.jpg

That's certainly an effective method of cooling off. Hopefully this was a gas cart, or else I imagine it ending really poorly. I mean, the cart is going to require a good bit of work regardless, but at least it's salvageable if it's a gas cart.

60 mph, at the airport of all places. The other two airports are no picnic either. There's always Islip. Land safe, folks. It's so windy, I hear buildings grinding, I bet high floor doors are slamming shut in skyscrapers. No golf today.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

For electrical engineers:

Ce2JuJyWQAA9bM1.jpg

From a different perspective, my daughter and I have been cracking up over this one:

And its companion:

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

The Centripetal/Centrifugal force thread reminds me of Time Cube.  Unfortunately, the original Time Cube website is gone, here's a sample, though:

timecubeflierimg.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

6 hours ago, krupa said:

The Centripetal/Centrifugal force thread reminds me of Time Cube.  Unfortunately, the original Time Cube website is gone, here's a sample, though:

timecubeflierimg.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

my mind is blown. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Duuuude...

Steve

Not exactly funny, but a bit bizarre.

As background, I used to visit my parents in Islamabad, Pakistan, and wild boars coming down from the surrounding hillsides were widely feared. I remember hearing from the Americans there that this was no joke and a few of them saw a boar or two at night, and they were nasty snarling creatures. Here's a sample article about the boars there:

http://www.dawn.com/news/698111/hogs-going-wild-in-pakistani-capital

Each night, packs of the hairy beasts emerge from Islamabad's river beds, parks and scrubland to rifle through the overflowing rubbish bins of its mostly wealthy residents and growing number of restaurants.

City authorities are laying poison and have announced free hunting permits to cull the wild pigs' numbers. But to make sure residents don't get caught in the crossfire, they only allow shotguns. There have been few takers. Hunters are wary of getting arrested by the police, or even worse, getting mistaken for a terrorist.

The animals can weigh up to 180 to 220 pounds (80 kilograms to 100 kilograms) and have razor sharp teeth. Adult males come armed with upward curving tusks. While they scurry off at the site of humans, they charge when cornered, alarmed or wounded and are a major cause of traffic accidents in the city.

The latest chapter of man versus hog played out in a city center police station last week.

''Someone shouted 'watch your back' but before I could look round the animal had hit me,'' said Sajjad Hussain, who was on duty when the animal slipped in past the high, razor wire-topped blast walls after guards opened the gates to let in a car.

Hussain had a gash in his stomach that required eight stitches and is on medical leave.

So when I read this story, I just thought "oh great, now we don't have to just worry about the nasty boar being ferocious but they're frigging radioactive too!? "

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/rampaging-radioactive-wild-boars-causing-7705006

Radioactive wild boars which are 'breeding like rabbits' are overwhelming the Fukushima Nuclear disaster zone.

The boar population, which has increased by 330 per cent in the four years since the disaster, has been devastating the crops of farms in the area.

Around 13,000 of the boars are in the exclusion zone, which stretches in a 12-mile radius from the plant.

Since the nuclear disaster of 2011, damage to agriculture caused by boars in the area in north Japan has doubled to around £10.6million, according to The Times .

Boars also pose a threat to public safety, and have reportedly injured local residents while roaming the streets of towns nearby.

Seriously, radioactive boars on the rampage? I'm a big fan of nuclear power, but I must admit I didn't really factor in radioactive boars.

My Swing

Off the tree, into your partner's camera.

Steve

Always late to the party, this was a new thing in January, floating bonsai.

Steve

Canada's PM Trudeau has a very The West Wing Bartlett moment. God forbid politicians are actually book smart.

Steve

On 4/11/2016 at 2:37 PM, nevets88 said:

Always late to the party, this was a new thing in January, floating bonsai.

gjyt65.PNG

44 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Canada's PM Trudeau has a very The West Wing Bartlett moment. God forbid politicians are actually book smart.

That was an impressively good summary of the essential take-aways.

Kevin

Just showing off...

According to wikipedia, this took 100 takes for Miz to get the wording perfect and make all the shots.

1 hour ago, krupa said:

Just showing off...

According to wikipedia, this took 100 takes for Miz to get the wording perfect and make all the shots.

Wow, that brings back memories. Classic Rodney Dangerfield cameo in this one:

My Swing

Lot of corny Miller Light ads from the 70s and 80s...

This is the human version of that dog running into the stick on the obstacle course.

Steve