dak4n6

Funny/Bizarre Internet Stuff

290 posts in this topic

This morning on a local radio station somone called in and was talking about a corner of Craigslist called 'Best of Craigslist'. So, I checked it out, and OMG, there is some wierd, hilarious, and I daresay creative stuff there. That made me think it might be entertaining to have a thread archiving all the funny and bizzare stuff that can be found on the Net. Post links, blogs, pics, etc. that you come across here.

Here's the site I was talking about and a sample from it:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/

Dear girl who was making eyes at me today on the bus,

I saw you making eyes at me today on the bus. Thanks, it was a big boost to my self esteem while I was on my way to get a haircut. In fact, your amorous glances almost made me second-guess my intentions. In the end, however, I imagined that my post-haircut appearance would make for even more eyes in the future. Anyway, I've got a piece of business to take care of with you.

I am not a particularly outgoing individual when it comes to flirtation, but I do know when to take a hint. Eye-making is a big indicator that I should try to start a conversation. Here's the problem: you were listening to music. The tiny white iPod headphones that were filling your head with tunes also served as an iron curtain between you making eyes at me and me starting a conversation. Now, my first instinct was to guess that maybe you were not actually making eyes, but instead looking at me because I had a booger. Well, I will have you know that upon arriving at the haircutter's, I went into the bathroom to discover a boogerless under-nostril area. Furthermore, I could detect no glaring physical imperfections that would have caught your attention, especially from four seats away and across the aisle. This leads me to believe that you were, in fact, making eyes at me today on the bus.

So why, my friend, would you pursue making eyes at me today on the bus while still listening to your music. Are you also a shy flirter? If so, then I would say that we have something in common. In fact, we probably could have talked about how shy we are when it comes to flirting. But, as I have already stressed, conversation was impossible as you were listening to music. Maybe you were trying to idealize me to yourself. Maybe you thought that by speaking to me, you would shatter the perfect picture you had painted in your head. Well listen-I'm not perfect, but neither are you. I mean, can't two people just talk to each other and get to know each other and see where life takes them instead of being too afraid to pursue something for the fear that it might not work out?

I know what you were thinking. A house right? A house with a white picket fence, three kids, a dog and my green Prius in the driveway. Hey, that sounds great. It sounds safe, pleasant, and enjoyable. But I'm 25 years old, and I'm not ready to settle down yet. I've got dreams and plans, and I can't just throw them all away for you. Listen, we had a moment back there. But that is in the past now. Another time, another place, sure, maybe we can make things work. But right now? I need to be my own man. I need to travel, adventure and sow my wild oats. So I'm sorry, but things just aren't going to work out. Maybe next time you make eyes at me on the bus, you will do it free-eared. Then, and only then, we can see where life takes us.

Public transportationively yours,

Your future husband.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Haha- I saw on Tosh.O a similiar "tribute" to the creepers on CL.  One said something to the effect of

.." I'm at this hotel, this room #, come in and do whatever you like and leave.... no talking"..

How SCARY and CREEPY is that?!?!?!? LOL

Here's a funny one:

Can we borrow your dog? - mw4mw

Date:

Hi So

We bought some bacon and some coffee this morning but due to being drunk we seem to have misplaced it.

We are 90-93% sure it's in our house somewhere. But where? We seriously have no idea. It's driving us nuts. We just want to drink some coffee and eat some freaking bacon. If you have a dog that likes smelling and finding bacon we would love to have him over. We will even feed you bacon once it's found. PleAse help

EDIT: it was in our couch. this took several hours and moments of hard thought. We still love dogs and welcome you and yours.

If that doesn't show up well, here's a link to a bigger image: [URL=http://jamo1358.webs.com/1.png]http://jamo1358.webs.com/1.png[/URL]

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a pretty funny commercial that has gone viral in the last couple of days...

It's hard to tell if that Jeff Gordon Pepsi commercial is 'real' or not, but it's pretty funny either way.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Here is a pretty funny commercial that has gone viral in the last couple of days...

And if the guy had a heart attack...? :P

Judging by the reactions of the sales guy I think it was real...real funny!

The video isn't a reality video shot in one continuous take... So no. It's not a real video.  But it is pretty freaking funny none the less.

The video isn't a reality video shot in one continuous take... So no. It's not a real video.  But it is pretty freaking funny none the less.

It is funny. I agree that it can't be real (liability issues), but how do we know it wasn't shot in one take? I mean, there are cameras everywhere, on his glasses, on the Pepsi can, on the car, at the dealership and all along the 'course' they take the test drive along. Could they not have taken all the footage from all cameras involved and edited it into one cinematic commercial?

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

It is funny. I agree that it can't be real (liability issues), but how do we know it wasn't shot in one take? I mean, there are cameras everywhere, on his glasses, on the Pepsi can, on the car, at the dealership and all along the 'course' they take the test drive along. Could they not have taken all the footage from all cameras involved and edited it into one cinematic commercial?

Because there are reports that Jeff Gordon wasn't the driver during the entire take.  There was actually a stunt driver... Which makes it even funnier.

This is an old one from the Atlanta area.

Boo got shot!  original sound file and the translation...........

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Ok. Remind me to never go to a soccer game in Russia.

This is one of those things that occaisionally remind you that it's good to live in America.

LOL.

BC is such a Rock Star.

***I hope I don't get in trouble for ignoring this warning and hitting submit anyway:

By selecting Submit , below, I agree to these terms:

I am not uploading any copyrighted or offensive material.