Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satch

Saucer Pass Legal?

8 posts in this topic

Is the saucer pass legal? It looks like it can help short game around the green but want to know if it is legal.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Besides the fact that a guy on the last big break was using it... it's still instantaneous contact so no reason to question otherwise.

Originally Posted by Satch

Is the saucer pass legal? It looks like it can help short game around the green but want to know if it is legal.

I doubt he would have been allowed to use it on the show if it wasn't, even though it is tv I was under the impression that all of the rules of golf applied.

Yes it is very legal.  I read James' blog that he updated throughout the show and the airing of it.  He is also the founder of Kikkor footwear.  His blog and that site is great as he gives great insight and talks about the saucer pass quite a bit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf Canada had a blog entry about it a year or two ago.  I don't think our rules differ much [if at all] from USGA so I'd say it's most likely legal for you guys as well.

http://www.golfcanada.ca/blogs/rcga-rules-of-golf/article2840.ece

I messed around with it on the practice green a bunch.  I found it worked quite well as long as the fairway was cut tight enough.