IGNORED

How to participate in the Web.com tour

atanum
Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of my friends from my club  was asking if there is a way he could participate in the web.com tour. He plays the Indian and Asian circuit and was wondering as to how he could qualify for the tour if he is from India.

Any information or help most appreciated.

btw, here is my friend , Shankar's swing

Epon AF Tour Blades with Aerotech i80 R / Ping i25 Mitsubishi B Series Shaft R Driver / Tour Edge XCG6 19 deg Rescue / Titleist 910 F 3 Wood / Edel Putter / Edel KBS 60.8 Lob / Edel KBS 56.8 Sand /

He would have to qualify through Q-School to be a member of the web.com tour.  I think qualifying doesn't start til later in the summer since the season is just underway.

I would imagine they also have other ways to qualify for single tournaments like PGA does like Monday qualifying or sponsor exemptions?? But, honestly, I have not the slightest idea. Ps I think the videos are private, I couldn't see his swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sorry folks, here it is again - hope it's visible now

Epon AF Tour Blades with Aerotech i80 R / Ping i25 Mitsubishi B Series Shaft R Driver / Tour Edge XCG6 19 deg Rescue / Titleist 910 F 3 Wood / Edel Putter / Edel KBS 60.8 Lob / Edel KBS 56.8 Sand /

Yes, at the end of this season you can qualify for the Web.com Tour at Q-School (not longer for the PGA TOUR). But how many players will get the card. I can't find anything about that in the web. They are only talking about how to qualify for the pgatour by being in the top 25 of the money list or in the Web.com Tour Finals. But noone says how many spots at q school will get ther web.com tour card. Does anybody know that?

thanks folks - any pointers as to how the monday qualifiers work ?

Originally Posted by atanum

thanks folks - any pointers as to how the monday qualifiers work ?

Contact the Web.com tour tournament director for that given week.  They will have details on where the qualifiers are being held for that upcoming week, etc. etc...

http://www.pgatour.com/content/dam/pgatour/docs/pdf/2013_WebCom_Qualifying.pdf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 months later...
Not sure if you are still looking but I just found this on the web.com tours website. http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2013/06/26/qualifying-tournament.html

Driver: TBD

Irons: Taylormade MC 3-PW Steel

Wedges: Cleveland CG-15 56° and 60° 

Putter: Ping Karsten with Super Stroke grip

Ball: Callway Hex Chrome

He can also write to the participating sponsor or organizer of a particular tournament and ask for an exemption. If he's played on the other tours, he should have some info available to vouch for his abilities. There are many stories of PGA players who have lost their exemptions and write to whoever to get into a few tournaments. Especially in the early and late season.

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!