IGNORED

AP1 vs G25

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

AP1s are nice.

Forgiving, but they don't look clunky at all. The are very solid irons. Probably best suited for a low-mid handicapper.

I'd get fitted if possible, but they definitely are worth a long look.

Driver:  titleist.gif 910D2 (9.5*)

Fairway: taylormade.gifRocketballz 3W (15*)

Hybrid:  adams.gifV-Tech 3 (19*)

Irons: titleist.gifAP-1 (4-PW)

Sand Wedge:  titleist.gifVokey SM4 (56*, 14 bounce)

Lob Wedge: titleist.gif Vokey SM (60*, 7 bounce)

Putter:   odyssey.gif White Ice #1 (35 in.)

Ball: taylormade.gif Penta TP5

Bag: titleist.gifDeluxe Stand

I got the G25's love them, have only played 1 round but not a big Ping fan, I think they could have add Ferrel's this time, but that is just me. I do really like the G25 color they are nice to look at, at address.

When hitting a clean shot very buttery, when not you will know by the feel and the sound. I do like the clean look of then not as flashy  IMOP.

But I got them fitted to me and the numbers on the monitor where better then any other club. I picked up some Leigh with them, very forgiving and very well balanced with there CFS shaft.

Get your self fitted that is the only way to go if you are planing on spending that much money no matter what you decide on.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

I got the G25's love them, have only played 1 round but not a big Ping fan, I think they could have add Ferrel's this time, but that is just me. ...

Ferrules , those little plastic caps surrounding the shaft just above the hosel, are cosmetic trash. Ferrules serve no functional purpose on the modern golf club.

If you ever do a reshaft, you'll find you spend an extra 20 minutes a club tweaking the ferrules.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They may not serve any purpose but I think they look a little cleaner just MO.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Just got a set of G25 irons (4 to U) with regular steel shafts and I love them. Have only played one round, but I immediately fell in love with them. Great feeling, great sound and great distance when you hit them flush. Even my mishits were not too bad.

Just bought my brother G25 irons. He's specs are 2 degrees strong, so he hits them far and Ping has plenty of bounce. I own a set of AP1 and think they are awesome. Good feel, not shovels and forgiving too. I just ordered Ping Anser irons. Maybe best of both worlds? I liked looking down at them and they felt better than the AP1 or G25. Hit the piss out of them too. AP2 712 is great feeling iron, but they have weak lofts (PW47). AP1 will go around 7 yards farther then the other Titleist clubs. To some who cares and to others 7 or 8 yards in picking a stronger lofted club to get there. If you have power and time to practice get a forged iron.

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!