• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuffluck

LGB finally gave me a good deal

11 posts in this topic

been playing/buying NXT Tours for a couple of years, and i buy through LGB or golfballnutz.  LGB has annoyingly high shipping costs and quality is usually a little lower than their representation i feel.

decided to switch to the Srixon XV this year and bought a 50-bucket on ebay for $60 from LGB (free shipping for once).  i got them yesterday and not only are all of them Srixon XV's (problems in the past with getting some randoms in the lot), but zero of them had a corporate logo.  they pretty much all look brand new, and were only 4A quality.  i was pretty surprised.

but...i'm wondering if Srixon just rarely gets corporate logos.  the NXT's usually were about 90% with corp logos.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by tuffluck

but...i'm wondering if Srixon just rarely gets corporate logos.  the NXT's usually were about 90% with corp logos.

That's a big part of it... Titleist makes a lot of balls with corporate logos, Srixon not so much so it isn't a surprise to see that you didn't end up with any. I've only ordered from GBN but find them to be very good at representing their product. They also have a "no logo" option for a dollar or two more per dozen if that's what you want.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

That's a big part of it... Titleist makes a lot of balls with corporate logos, Srixon not so much so it isn't a surprise to see that you didn't end up with any. I've only ordered from GBN but find them to be very good at representing their product. They also have a "no logo" option for a dollar or two more per dozen if that's what you want.

that makes sense about Srixon.  GBN sold me 100 NXT Tours for $54 shipped, so i am a big fan of them.  the NXT's are now my backup ball if i'm having one of those days where i seem to lose a lot.

Play them. If you lose 3 balls a round, that's about 15 rounds. If you play once a week they are gone in 3 months. Plus why buy them brand new when 18 cost the same as 50 used? Doesn't matter how long they last, it's a better deal.

I have had a great experience with lostgolfballs and when you pay for the no logo option i feel your getting better quality balls because the logo'd balls usually are not that great condition.

Originally Posted by cooke119

I'm just wondering what you do with all those balls?

I laughed when I saw this...what do we all do with golf balls?  I don't mean to be rude or anything, just found it funny.

If you play a lot of golf I don't see why you wouldn't buy recycled/refinished golf balls.  The sites mentioned in this thread are really good and you can usually save A LOT off retail price when buying used.  And for me at least, it doesn't hurt as much to lose a ProV1 when I know it only cost a buck or two.

I literally just got done buying balls from there....I have bought balls from there a few times and I was just thinking to myself that the shipping prices were crazy!  The cheapest shipping option is for a USPS flat rate box which is almost $13!

I think that they do a decent job of representing the quality of the balls for the most part.  I was a little pissed when I bought several dozen Bridgestone E6 white golf balls and as I was using them, I found a few E5 and E7's mixed in.

As for the corporate logos........almost every ball has one, especially the Titleists!  I was using an NXT Tour S when I made my first/only eagle.  My friends still give me hell about it because the ball that I was using had a Gay/Lesbian Company Logo on the golf ball.  That happened a few months back and they still get on me about that!

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I literally just got done buying balls from there....I have bought balls from there a few times and I was just thinking to myself that the shipping prices were crazy!  The cheapest shipping option is for a USPS flat rate box which is almost $13!

I think that they do a decent job of representing the quality of the balls for the most part.  I was a little pissed when I bought several dozen Bridgestone E6 white golf balls and as I was using them, I found a few E5 and E7's mixed in.

As for the corporate logos........almost every ball has one, especially the Titleists!  I was using an NXT Tour S when I made my first/only eagle.  My friends still give me hell about it because the ball that I was using had a Gay/Lesbian Company Logo on the golf ball.  That happened a few months back and they still get on me about that!

What's a "Gay/Lesbian" company? Do they make homosexuals?

I believe it was actually a logo for an event.  It had LGBT with the name of the event and a rainbow as part of the logo.  I do not know what they make.  I just know that I made an eagle with the ball.

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I believe it was actually a logo for an event.  It had LGBT with the name of the event and a rainbow as part of the logo.  I do not know what they make.  I just know that I made an eagle with the ball.

That makes considerably more sense. Did the eagle putt go in the back door? LOL.