IGNORED

What is your swing speed and carry?

Gregormendel
Note: This thread is 3497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

aicas, "generating explosive  power from the ground up" is precisely and merely another way of describing earth energy. There is nothing mystical about it. It is action reaction. It is throwing a rubber ball down into the ground and then watching it as it bounces upward. it is Jack Nicklaus floating his left heel in the backswing and then famously foot stomping it hard into the ground to initiate his powerful downswing. It is Bubba Watson squatting as he transits from a high hands backswing into a highly leveraged downswing. Nothing mystical whatsoever. Your need to paint this in ad hominem attacks and references is childish, silly and and narrow minded. For more on generating this common energy response which is integral to virtually all athletic prowess just see Dr. Greg Rose of the Titelist Performance Institute. And Pretzel by elastic what I mean is elasticity. Deep,simple yoga holds for greater range of motion. And you don't have to call it yoga or use Sanskrit, its just hip and shoulder opening floor poses held with relaxation for 5 minutes at a time that will extend muscles,tendons and yes, even ligaments over time with a simple regimen.

aicas, "generating explosive  power from the ground up" is precisely and merely another way of describing earth energy. There is nothing mystical about it. It is action reaction. It is throwing a rubber ball down into the ground and then watching it as it bounces upward. it is Jack Nicklaus floating his left heel in the backswing and then famously foot stomping it hard into the ground to initiate his powerful downswing. It is Bubba Watson squatting as he transits from a high hands backswing into a highly leveraged downswing. Nothing mystical whatsoever. Your need to paint this in ad hominem attacks and references is childish, silly and and narrow minded. For more on generating this common energy response which is integral to virtually all athletic prowess just see Dr. Greg Rose of the Titelist Performance Institute. And Pretzel by elastic what I mean is elasticity. Deep,simple yoga holds for greater range of motion. And you don't have to call it yoga or use Sanskrit, its just hip and shoulder opening floor poses held with relaxation for 5 minutes at a time that will extend muscles,tendons and yes, even ligaments over time with a simple regimen.

No one is contesting this mystical power.

What you are being called out on is that you can generate as much power as you want, it is not going to help your golf game if that powerful hit is 40 yards straight and 100 yards to the right into the woods..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
aicas, "generating explosive  power from the ground up" is precisely and merely another way of describing earth energy.

Okay, then let's agree that it's a stupid name, because the "earth" isn't supplying any "energy" to you.

Everyone here agrees that you should use the ground (as an inert platform) against which your muscles can push, but I've already listed two ways in which that's done: a little parametric acceleration and to generate torque about the COM (i.e. turning speed).

There is nothing mystical about it. It is action reaction. It is throwing a rubber ball down into the ground and then watching it as it bounces upward. it is Jack Nicklaus floating his left heel in the backswing and then famously foot stomping it hard into the ground to initiate his powerful downswing. It is Bubba Watson squatting as he transits from a high hands backswing into a highly leveraged downswing. Nothing mystical whatsoever.

Jack planting his heel, and a rubber ball being thrown down, are poor examples. It's getting pretty far OT for this thread, but ground reaction forces are called reaction forces for a reason - they're the forces measured in the ground by what the golfer is doing. The ground is inert. It's simply a platform. It doesn't "do" anything itself.

Golfers routinely lower themselves to the ground (which actually reduces GRF, just as a scale would show a decrease in weight if you quickly bent your from a standing position), so that they can then extend and "jump" to push off against that inert platform. Why? Mostly to help them generate torque, and a little bit for parametric acceleration.

Your need to paint this in ad hominem attacks and references is childish, silly and and narrow minded.

Where? I only see your ad hominems here. You've also made sweeping statements about technology, and are calling other people "silly and narrow minded" while typing something very close to non-specific gibberish.

For more on generating this common energy response which is integral to virtually all athletic prowess just see Dr. Greg Rose of the Titelist Performance Institute.

No need. You see, we've done our own studies, and visited and talked with plenty of experts… including Greg, Dr. Kwon, etc. We've put out several videos on the topic, have studied it thoroughly, and know how to teach it to people as well as anyone, IMO.

As this is largely OT, I encourage you, @buddhabob , to post in an appropriate thread (several exist on GRFs, etc.) if you want to continue. And please, for the sake of everyone, try to be more specific than using words like "earth energy."

Edit (2:15pm EST): Portion of last paragraph bolded.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm kinda proud of this drive tonight. I was kinda pissed on making a triple bogey 6 on the previous hole. This time I remembered to make sure I wasn't on my heels at address and just crushed the ball.

I put so much ground reaction force into it I shifted the earth!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97758/] [/URL] I'm kinda proud of this drive tonight. I was kinda pissed on making a triple bogey 6 on the previous hole. This time I remembered to make sure I wasn't on my heels at address and just crushed the ball.  I put so much ground reaction force into it I shifted the earth!!!

Wow!!! As a short hitter, it seems all would be fine with the world (or at least with my golf game) if I could even come close to hitting the ball that far.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• 4 months later...

In Long Drive  (ILDC) 144 mph is bloody fast...150 is seldom).

typical Tour speed seems to be 113 / 118...Tiger....??? Bubba Is more..and he is 126 mph ss.

Smash factor is the speed of the ball coming off the face compared to the Club head speed  (the longer the club....the more head speed)

So...100mph swing speed with a 1.50 smash factor results in ball coming off face at 150 mph.

(Legal limit...clubs + balls is 1.53 smash factor.)

Bubba...approx. average 126mph SS (apparently slightly longer than ave. driver shaft...360 / 6 yards max.   LD players ..up to 470/80 yards (Zoebuck)...440 mmore typical.

Altitude and humidity (of course wind) and definitely spin and height influence distance of carry. (In LD, 5 degree faces are the norm..maybe 2200 rpm spin at max ..(some say 2240)..launch angles of prob 13-14 degrees. ..maybe 17 depending on into or with wind.

Hope this clarifies.

rgds

Note: This thread is 3497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!