• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cooke119

Driver issues

4 posts in this topic

Living in New York I have not been to the range is quite a while, well I went today. I hit my irons, hybrid, and woods fantastic, nice a straight, slight draw, good ball flight and distance, really happy, then I go to the driver What is it about that club that lets you down. Last year I hit it great, today I had the bananna ball slicing to the right. What a pain in the ass. I could not get comfortable with the driver, but I go back to the 3 wood and again nice an straight. I understand it is the longest club in the bag and all that, but why when you hit every other club really well that the driver goes to 'you know what'? I definitely have a lot of work to do before the league starts. Maybe back to my instructure to straighten me out.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

a lot has to do with the fact that the ball is up in the air.  if you hit up on the ball with the driver, your swing path at that point is probably going to the left into the ball, if you have your face aimed at the target at impact then that small amount of left path will curve the ball in the banana direction.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stop swinging so hard, you probably got the "Must kill the ball mode". To some golfers, the golf ball is like red to a bull. I know, i've been guilty of this. When you swing harder, really lash out with the hands, you can really have a cut swing, and hit a banana ball.

Smooth out the swing

Originally Posted by saevel25

Stop swinging so hard, you probably got the "Must kill the ball mode". To some golfers, the golf ball is like red to a bull. I know, i've been guilty of this. When you swing harder, really lash out with the hands, you can really have a cut swing, and hit a banana ball.

Smooth out the swing

this is true...sometimes the murder/kill/destroy thought creates a short-arms swing, pulling the hands inward at impact and creating the slice path.