IGNORED

should I buy new golf shoes?

golf55
Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even though I already had two perfectly good pairs of golf shoes, I bought a pair of the FootJoy M Project shoes simply because I wanted them.  I then bought a second pair (in a different color) because I liked the first pair.

Bottom line - if you want them and can afford them, buy what you want.  If it's not within your budget and/or you can't rationalize spending the money, stick with what you have.  Unless you're having some kind of serious issues with your current shoes, new ones aren't going to make a significant difference in your game either way.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you know they are better just by trying them on?

One time I bought shoes that only made it 7 holes before I was forced to play in my socks due to miscomfort even though they seemed comfortable in the shop.

The best thing I ever did for my enjoyment of golf was to buy decent shoes. They have come a long way too in the past 20 years though it seems. I mainly look for lightweight and waterproof first and then my size next. If I find a pair that works, I go back and buy another pair just to avoid shopping for shoes again.

I just respiked my 1 year old shoes. Sprayed them down with Simple Green then scrubbed the hell out of them.

They are like new.

Has anyone ever wondered why golf shoes are the most comfortable shoes you own. I always wonder why others have not caught on to this yet.  At least that is how I feel.

Driver:  Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5* Stiff

3 Hybrid:  Taylor Made RBZ 19* Regular

4 Hybrid:  Golden Bear 4H Stiff

Irons:  4-G Titleist AP1 710 Nippon 105T Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 52* & 56*

Putter:  PING Anser

There's always the next shot.

Originally Posted by Chunk

Has anyone ever wondered why golf shoes are the most comfortable shoes you own.

I have a pair of Callaway golf shoes that are so comfortable I took off the cleats and use them as casual shoes on weekends (they are all black, so people don't know they are golf shoes).

Originally Posted by arturo28mx

I have a pair of Callaway golf shoes that are so comfortable I took off the cleats and use them as casual shoes on weekends (they are all black, so people don't know they are golf shoes).

You can tell a lot about somebody who wears black shoes/golf shoes.....

Jk lol

Originally Posted by Spyder

You can tell a lot about somebody who wears black shoes/golf shoes.....

Jk lol

I was in a wedding a few years ago, and the shoes that came with my Tux didn't fit. The groom had a pair of black wingtip golf shoes, so we took the spikes out and I wore them. The problem was, it was a Catholic wedding, and when we knelt down up front, the spike holes showed. I could hear the snickers.

I was thinking of buying another beer, but, I dunno. What do you guys think? I can't believe this thread exists.....

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was in a wedding a few years ago, and the shoes that came with my Tux didn't fit. The groom had a pair of black wingtip golf shoes, so we took the spikes out and I wore them. The problem was, it was a Catholic wedding, and when we knelt down up front, the spike holes showed. I could hear the snickers.

That's awesome.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I was thinking of buying another beer, but, I dunno. What do you guys think?

I can't believe this thread exists.....

I'm in....

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I was thinking of buying another beer, but, I dunno. What do you guys think?

The answer to that question is simple and unchanging.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!