IGNORED

Titleist Vokey or Cleveland 588 RTX

Satch
Note: This thread is 4005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am having trouble deciding which one I will get. If you guys can give your thoughts, experiences, etc. with the clubs on pros and cons that would be great. I read up on them both but you know every company says their's is the best. So just want to see your thoughts on the clubs.

In the Bag:

Driver:  10.5 Superfast Burner 2.0

3 Wood:  15 Fairway Launcher

4 Hybrid:  22 Rescue

4-PW Irons:  RocketBallz Irons

Wedges:  588 Reg

Putter:  Backstryke Marxman

Balls:  Z-Star

Glove:  Weathersof

I would go Vokey, all day. I have had both Cleveland and Titleist wedges. Before my current Vokeys I had  52* and 58* CG14 wedges. At the time these wedges were suitable for what I wanted. After a couple seasons I went to switch them out and went with two Oil Can Vokeys (56* and 60*). World of difference between the two at least in my opinion. The CG12s felt much lighter than the Vokey wedges do, which I came to prefer. I feel like the bite that I get from these wedges around the green are far better than what I experienced with the Cleveland wedges. This may be attributed to improved ball striking or quality of wedges.  The Vokey wedges do some damage to the golf ball though especially on full wedge shots.

I know its not a specific response to your question between vokeys and the 588 RTX, but this has been my experience between the two companies.

In The Bag

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 9.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F2 

Hybrid: Adams 

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP64

Wedges: Vokey SM2 56* and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback #1

It came down to weight for me. The Vokey's are too heavy for me. I have 3 CG15's, 1 CG16 and a couple of older 588's.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit a Vokey SM4 today, a 56-14, needless to say it's in my bag as my new sand wedge now.  I have never hit a more consistent club in my life!!!

(edited for grammar)

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

I am using a 56-14 and in fact select the biggest bounce I could. My last Vokey was 56-12.

Vokey bounce seems to be easier to hit especially on 50-70 yards in and on tight fairways. I have never been able to hit well with Cleveland and I attributed it to 2 areas:

1) teardrop design making the leading edge very sharp and smaller margin of error

2) low bounce angle makes it easier to dig into the ground

Vijay Singh hits the Cleveland wedge like no tomorrow and so were every other Cleveland Tour player. They don't seem bothered. But I want the most forgiving wedge I could find.

I have a Vokey 54.14 and 60.7. I really like the weight and feel of the Vokeys. They are the best wedges I have used to date. If you hit the shot correct, they will perform exactly how they are supposed to.

Originally Posted by Wheels309

I would go Vokey, all day. I have had both Cleveland and Titleist wedges. Before my current Vokeys I had  52* and 58* CG14 wedges. At the time these wedges were suitable for what I wanted. After a couple seasons I went to switch them out and went with two Oil Can Vokeys (56* and 60*). World of difference between the two at least in my opinion. The CG12s felt much lighter than the Vokey wedges do, which I came to prefer. I feel like the bite that I get from these wedges around the green are far better than what I experienced with the Cleveland wedges. This may be attributed to improved ball striking or quality of wedges.  The Vokey wedges do some damage to the golf ball though especially on full wedge shots.

I know its not a specific response to your question between vokeys and the 588 RTX, but this has been my experience between the two companies.

The CGs and the 588s are very different wedges.

I lost my Vokey 56 last year which I had for years.  I replaced it (and my other wedges) this year with the 588s.  I've found in my experience so far, that I prefer my 588s to the Vokey when it comes to pitches and full shots, around the green they're about the same, and out of the sand I actually preferred my Vokey, but the 588 is still solid.  This is my own personal experience and as always YMMV.

Note: This thread is 4005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!