IGNORED

Please help me decide between these drivers?

Note: This thread is 3979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which one is the best?

• Ping i20
    • Cobra AMP
    • Taylormade Rocketballz (not adjustable version)

Hello, I am in the business of buying a new driver but I need your help. I know that the only way to truly find out which is the best is to actually test them all out, but I could always do a lil' research before hand! Here are the drivers I am considering:

Ping i20

Cobra AMP

Taylormade Rocketballz (not the adjustable version)

There could be points made for each. FYI I am a pretty decent ballstriker but that shouldn't play too big of a role right now. So what are they? Thanks

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Alright, but I have a few questions to further understand:

Does anyone know the weights of any of these drivers? I swung the Rocketballz before and I really liked how light it was, and I am curious to see how light the rest are?

You have probably heard this before, but get a fitting.  It is the most expensive club and you use it a lot.  Fitting for a driver takes about 1 hour.  You can try different drivers, see the results with TracMan and get the right shaft.  You will not regret it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by HoledOut

Does anyone know the weights of any of these drivers? I swung the Rocketballz before and I really liked how light it was, and I am curious to see how light the rest are?

The specs for the various clubs are available on the manufacturer's web sites I expect.  I believe, however, that the swing weights will vary depending on the shaft.

I just got fit for a Titleist 913D2 by a professional fitter (Titleist Advanced Fitting Center).  Tried several different lofts, about 5 different shafts, and fiddled considerably with hosel settings.  It was night and day from what I've experienced at retail stores.  All those manufacturers should have lists of qualified fitters listed on their web site.  I would highly recommend a proper fitting, it isn't really all that expensive.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

As said above....get fit and hit as many as you can.

I was convinced I wanted a RBZ until I actually swung it against other clubs and saw the results.  It was way too light for me and I didn't feel I could control it as well as a heavier club.  I really liked the Ping and Titleist and found that the Titleist worked best for me and have been very happy with it.  It's a very personal thing and we all have different likes/dislikes.

Just remember, you will get fit for your swing on that day.  If you don't golf a lot and have an inconsistent swing you might drive yourself crazy.  Good luck and have fun.

How far do you hit it and with what trajectory? The driver heads themselves aren't going to make as big of a difference as selecting the right loft, flex, and investigating the stock shafts that come in each of those drivers and the spin and trajectory they impart to the ball.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by HoledOut

Multiple accounts are prohibited, Kevin. Your second account (quoted) was banned and all accounts will be banned if you create another one. Use Kevin18.

This is really your last and final warning given: http://thesandtrap.com/u/40680/XxKevinxX .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!