IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tonight I made stuffed pork chops w/ cream of mushroom gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Looks good, man.

I'm thinking Bacon Wrapped Filets on the grill with some baked potatoes for me and the lady tonight.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now I'm making the world's simplest chili, but what I wanted to post is the best bakes beans ever. I should probably type it up, but I attached a picture of the recipe cut out of The Boston Globe about two decades ago. I'm not being hyperbolic right now. Throw out everything you thought you knew about baked beans. Instead of being bland and watery, these are thick, rich, and have just the right amount of sweetness. I don't have any pictures, but if you have a bean pot and an entire day to devote to the best beans you will ever eat, trust me on this. (Well, just be home the entire day. It just sits in the oven.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Looks eerily similar to my Mom's except she always used salt pork and put it in one of those bean pots.  She would cook it overnight sometimes at low temp.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I do like some baked beans. But if I'm taking the time to make beans, it's gotta be red beans and rice.

2 onions, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
1 pound dried red kidney beans (preferably Camelia brand)
2 smoked ham hocks
5 bay leaves
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 green onions, chopped
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Tabasco
3 cups cooked long-grain rice

Sweat the onions, bell peppers, and celery in the rendered bacon fat in a heavy soup pot over medium-high heat. Once the onions become translucent, add the kidney beans, ham hocks, bay leaves, and cayenne, then add water to cover by 2 inches. Increase the heat and bring the water to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and allow the beans to slowly simmer for 2 hours. Periodically stir the beans to make sure that they don’t scorch on the bottom of the pot, adding water if necessary, always keeping the beans covered by an inch or more of water. Continue cooking the beans until they are creamy and beginning to fall apart when they’re stirred. Remove the ham hock meat from the bones, roughly chop it, and add it back to the pot of beans. Stir in the green onions and season with salt, black pepper and Tabasco. Serve with white rice.

Tyler Martin

Looks eerily similar to my Mom's except she always used salt pork and put it in one of those bean pots.  She would cook it overnight sometimes at low temp.

Yeah the 4-7 hour estimate is a bit low. 8 is a good number. The last thing you want to do is undercook them, but it's almost impossible to overcook them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Shhhh...salted pork is a secret ingredient, don't tell the masses. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Anyone here have good cold smoking method? I have some chillies left over and wanted to make some chipotles with them. Was thinking of making a makeshift one with cardboard boxes but thought someone here would have some experience with it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have a little electric Bradley smoker....actually a great Canadian product! Does a nice cold smoke. I use it for fish and cold smoked prime rib. Never tried peppers, but they'd be easy. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Chicken parmesan, ravioli and green beans

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Lol. I'm having home made chicken Parmesan for my b-day dinner tonight! My wife makes killer chicken Parmesan with panko crust and home made sauce. Mmmm I'll snap a pic and post later. And yes, b-day is sept.11 and I was actually in NYC on a work assignment went the shit went down. Most subdued b-day party of my life. :-(
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Lol. I'm having home made chicken Parmesan for my b-day dinner tonight!

Happy Birthday!!! :beer:

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Happy Birthday!!!  :beer:

Thanks e-bro!! :beer: Here's the chicken:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

It's Zipazoid's birthday today too.  Happy birthday to both of you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

And yes, b-day is sept.11 and I was actually in NYC on a work assignment went the shit went down. Most subdued b-day party of my life.

WOW! That will be one birthday, that you will never forget!

Happy Birthday - Arnold Palmer turned 84 yesterday, September 10th.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Happy B-Day Zip!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Lol. I'm having home made chicken Parmesan for my b-day dinner tonight! My wife makes killer chicken Parmesan with panko crust and home made sauce. Mmmm I'll snap a pic and post later. And yes, b-day is sept.11 and I was actually in NYC on a work assignment went the shit went down. Most subdued b-day party of my life. :-(

Happy Birthday EJ! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's Zipazoid's birthday today too.  Happy birthday to both of you.

[quote name="David in FL" url="/t/67232/whats-for-dinner/60#post_895995"] Happy Birthday EJ! :dance:[/quote]Yes, happy birthday to both of you! I should add - lol - it's also beachcombers birthday today (pretty sure he said he turned 48 or something like that). He got a free round at one of the nice nearby courses. Me and Pakoh joined him and decided we should let him win since its his birthday and all. So we stunk ... On purpose. ;)

Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!