IGNORED

My Swing (beezer123)

beezer123
Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 month

My current handicap index or average score is: No Handicap

My typical ball flight is: Fade, Slice

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice and Topping

Videos:

Just started trying to change my swing after having a strong grip and just thrashing at the ball. Can still see a couple of faults with this, such as my head moving too much, but I've begun incorporating my hips into the motion a lot more through the transfer of weight.

Also unfortunately I got under the ball too much and stubbed the ground. Didn't have another ball left to film another shot. Next time though.

Originally Posted by Justin33

Not an expert by any means. But whats been helping with me is take a slower back swing.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is my swing slowed down quite a bit from before. My previous swing was just full on fast as possible arm swing.

Your right hand / right arm totally dominate your swing. Practice that iron shot with just two fingers from your right hand on the grip maybe it will help.

Instead of coiling into your right leg, you're sliding it out. Look at how much your right knee shifts away from the target on your backswing. Try putting a ball under the outside-middle of your right foot and make swings. That will force you to coil instead of slide.

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

Instead of coiling into your right leg, you're sliding it out. Look at how much your right knee shifts away from the target on your backswing. Try putting a ball under the outside-middle of your right foot and make swings. That will force you to coil instead of slide.

Yeah I've started working on that over the past few days. I was taking the weight shift too literally rather than coiling as you say.

I'll have to give that two finger right hand a go next time I get the chance. What effect would that have on my game if my right arm is dominating the swing?

Originally Posted by beezer123

Yeah I've started working on that over the past few days. I was taking the weight shift too literally rather than coiling as you say.

I'll have to give that two finger right hand a go next time I get the chance. What effect would that have on my game if my right arm is dominating the swing?

slice or pull hook.

The drill with the ball under foot will work great, if you get it on the course, you can try to turn your knees out a bit. Feels like you lock them a bit. this reduces the sway also.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Had a lesson to try and find out more about where I was going wrong and basically reset my swing. Balance was mostly on the toes, right leg didn't have any flex and as a lot of you said I was sliding rather than coiling.

Here's my latest update from last night at the range. Sorry that the image is so dark but I was there myself and just had to film by propping my phone on a bench.

My ball flight is much better now that I've addressed these problems.

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!