IGNORED

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

You'll get a chance to demo drivers, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters during the demo/instruction time period.

Irons wouldn't make much sense to take out on the course, but the rest will be great to take out and try out. Just note that the shots you play with them count - no extra "goof around" or "just try it out" type shots please. :D

The club you guys will probably like the most - and a club I'm looking to finally add to my bag - is the Blast Driveway.

Never before seen video footage of Dave's second swing with the thing from a rather crappy lie (might be a bit - it's processing):

That looks interesting!  One thing I'd like to pick your brains about is wedge selection.  I 've been trying to find higher bounce wedges based on your videos/threads on pitch shots.  I picked up a TM ATV wedge since it seemed to be built along these lines.  Looking forward to Saturday!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

That thing sounded a little strange on impact. I'll definitely give it a shot regardless.

I've crafted two possible answers, and couldn't decide which to post, so you get both:

Option 1) It's not going to matter when you see what the club can do for you.

Option 2) It's got a unique sound because we figured you'd want to alert your opponents to the fact that they've just been vanquished, and the sound is unique enough to do just that.

Plus, it's sound on a video. Things sound different to your ears in real life than they do captured digitally. Yes it sounds odd, but countless drivers and hybrids and fairway woods do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I couldn't care less what a club sounds like. It could resemble a 472 lb man's night after a Taco Bell binge and I'd still use it if it helped my game out.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I've crafted two possible answers, and couldn't decide which to post, so you get both:

Option 1) It's not going to matter when you see what the club can do for you.

Option 2) It's got a unique sound because we figured you'd want to alert your opponents to the fact that they've just been vanquished, and the sound is unique enough to do just that.

Plus, it's sound on a video. Things sound different to your ears in real life than they do captured digitally. Yes it sounds odd, but countless drivers and hybrids and fairway woods do.

Yeah, those weird sounding drivers always kind of bother me. Namely some of those square drivers that sound like aluminum baseball bats. That being said, most likely I wouldn't not get a club just because of the sound. Although I tried a driver that was so loud on impact that, even if I hit it awesome, I wouldn't buy. I'd have been deaf before the end of the round.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I couldn't care less what a club sounds like. It could resemble a 472 lb man's night after a Taco Bell binge and I'd still use it if it helped my game out.

Same hear (I mean here).  Don't really care what it sounds like as long as it's below hearing loss db threshhold.

I'm going with option 2.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Two days to go! Weather outlook is getting worse though.... 30% chance of rain.

Sat Aug 3

Scattered T-Storms

74 °

57 °

Scattered T-Storms

WIND: WNW at 9 mph

From the NWS

Quote:
Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Looks like iffy in the morning, but looks to clear up for the afternoon. Looks to be cloudy mostly all day though.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Looks like iffy in the morning, but looks to clear up for the afternoon. Looks to be cloudy mostly all day though.

As long as the temperature stays at a good point a little rain doesn't bother me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

As long as the temperature stays at a good point a little rain doesn't bother me.

I don't think rain would stop any of us from doing this, so long as it is just rain and not a storm or downpour obviously (at which point, the course would pull us off anyway). The only thing I am concerned about is thunderstorms and I'm hoping they break apart or miss us.

One good thing about good ol' "Tropical Medina" is that we are kind of like the Bermuda Triangle in the Summer time when it comes to weather, it's really weird. The news can call for 100% rain in Cleveland (which is 20 miles away) and 60-80% here... yet we're clear blue and sunny. It happens a lot here, so let's hope that happens on Saturday.

On a side note, I wish it was like that in the winter time for us. When they say 2-4", I go to bed thinking I have no bs to look forward to in the morning. Then I open my front door to have my morning smoke and I see 8-10" of snow....

Originally Posted by Spyder

I don't think rain would stop any of us from doing this, so long as it is just rain and not a storm or downpour obviously (at which point, the course would pull us off anyway). The only thing I am concerned about is thunderstorms and I'm hoping they break apart or miss us.

One good thing about good ol' "Tropical Medina" is that we are kind of like the Bermuda Triangle in the Summer time when it comes to weather, it's really weird. The news can call for 100% rain in Cleveland (which is 20 miles away) and 60-80% here... yet we're clear blue and sunny. It happens a lot here, so let's hope that happens on Saturday.

On a side note, I wish it was like that in the winter time for us. When they say 2-4", I go to bed thinking I have no bs to look forward to in the morning. Then I open my front door to have my morning smoke and I see 8-10" of snow....

We get weird weather like that down here in Lima too. It'll say 20% chance of rain and it'll be storming or it'll say 70% chance without a cloud in the sky. Ohio weather is just goofy all around.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

We get weird weather like that down here in Lima too. It'll say 20% chance of rain and it'll be storming or it'll say 70% chance without a cloud in the sky. Ohio weather is just goofy all around.

Yep, you're in the same boat. For the most part, they're accurate in Cleveland due to Lake Effect weather and how easy it is to predict in Cuyahoga and the NE counties/cities.. but anywhere south of the city is pretty much anyone's guess (secondary belt).

I'm just going to wake up and have some coffee and clean my clubs and ignore the weather regardless. A few cold beers and good golf makes you say F the weather.

ah the weather bubble that sits just east of route 21, i know it well. It extends down to Massillon as well. I've seen to many times storm after storm not even nick Massillon.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

For the most part, they're accurate in Cleveland

lol

LOL

LOL

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

lol

LOL

LOL

I agree, no way its accurate in cleveland because of the lake. The only thing they can predict is when snow hits. That's pretty easy, but sitting next to that lake, you have no clue if the moisture from the lake is going to fuel thunderstorms. That's like trying to predict exactly were a storm will pop up in Myrtle Beach.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

lol

LOL

LOL

?

The weather forecast is usually pretty accurate for Cleveland this time of year. When I say Cleveland, I mean downtown/actual Cleveland - not the suburbs. It's a hell of a lot more accurate than the rest of the "FOX 8 viewing area" at the least.

Regardless, the weather channel upped their % to 30 and Fox 8 is calling for 50%. Hoping for 0%.

Originally Posted by saevel25

I agree, no way its accurate in cleveland because of the lake. The only thing they can predict is when snow hits. That's pretty easy, but sitting next to that lake, you have no clue if the moisture from the lake is going to fuel thunderstorms. That's like trying to predict exactly were a storm will pop up in Myrtle Beach.

lol I lived in Cleveland for 15 years and I have worked in the city for the last 7. It depends on how you are looking at the weather. I watch the forecast the day that I want to know what the weather is, not 48 or 72 hours in advance. At that rate, they're usually totally wrong.

lol I lived in Cleveland for 15 years and I have worked in the city for the last 7. It depends on how you are looking at the weather. I watch the forecast the day that I want to know what the weather is, not 48 or 72 hours in advance. At that rate, they're usually totally wrong.

Weather is the only profession you can get away with being wrong most of the time. Even the same day they are wrong as often as right depending on the season. Easily equate-able to batting in baseball where you can fail 2/3 of the time and still be considered great.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!