IGNORED

The tee shot pressure when someone let's you play through...

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

Let me tell you guys who are bragging something.

The people standing on the tee couldn't care less what you do.

They just want you out of their way. They are thinking about their own game.

Who's bragging? It's more luck than anything for me...

God, you are grumpy lately...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Who's bragging? It's more luck than anything for me...

God, you are grumpy lately...

Whaddya mean LATELY???

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I'm new to the game so in the tee box I would say 60% of my drives are in the fairway or in playable rough. The other 40% do everything from pop up sky high and travel 40 yards, to a power hook straight out of bounds. At this point it really gets in my head when there is a group right behind us watching us tee off. I feel like I start thinking too much and focusing on putting way to much power on it, in attempts of crushing an impressive 320 yard drive, which turns into me topping the ball for a 50 yard dribbler.

From the 860 to the 310 and back

UConn  

Whats in the bag:

Driver:  Burner

Irons:  R7 4-SW

Extra Wedge:  56*

Putter:  Tuttle

Ball(s): Pro-V1 and whenever there's a ncie ball in my range basket

Whaddya mean LATELY???

Touché

Haha.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by scrilla

I'm new to the game so in the tee box I would say 60% of my drives are in the fairway or in playable rough. The other 40% do everything from pop up sky high and travel 40 yards, to a power hook straight out of bounds. At this point it really gets in my head when there is a group right behind us watching us tee off. I feel like I start thinking too much and focusing on putting way to much power on it, in attempts of crushing an impressive 320 yard drive, which turns into me topping the ball for a 50 yard dribbler.

Just a case of the nerves. I'm far from new to the game, and I still suck...so don't feel bad. I haven't hit a dribbler in a while, but I did have 2 sky high drives yesterday that looked more like a lob wedge than a driver lol

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Just a case of the nerves. I'm far from new to the game, and I still suck...so don't feel bad. I haven't hit a dribbler in a while, but I did have 2 sky high drives yesterday that looked more like a lob wedge than a driver lol

Ya I'm starting to tell myself that I don't really care what the group behind thinks of my skill as long as I'm playing at a decent pace, and realistically they probably just want to tee off and aren't to concerned if you are getting to the green in 2 haha

From the 860 to the 310 and back

UConn  

Whats in the bag:

Driver:  Burner

Irons:  R7 4-SW

Extra Wedge:  56*

Putter:  Tuttle

Ball(s): Pro-V1 and whenever there's a ncie ball in my range basket

Originally Posted by scrilla

Ya I'm starting to tell myself that I don't really care what the group behind thinks of my skill as long as I'm playing at a decent pace, and realistically they probably just want to tee off and aren't to concerned if you are getting to the green in 2 haha

Just remember, a group is never going to applaud you from their standpoint, or drive up to you to congratulate you on your drive. They'll realistically snicker if you duff one, or OB it, but who cares? I laugh at myself and others when I see really bad shots, but not in a condescending way.

It's human (male?) nature to try and rip the cover off of the ball when other people (bros) are watching you. You don't want them to think you upset your husband by leaving him at home, after all... or hear any Purse Wedge jokes!

In all seriousness, I don't even care who is around me anymore. Whether there's nobody, 2, 4, or 8 guys waiting on the first tee and watching me; my thoughts and stroke are the same.

I got my first par on a short par three when a group let me play through. I hit the green on the first shot, and missed the birdie by a foot. I was disappointed when I looked up after tapping it in and nobody was looking. Oh well. I was happy anyway until I hit it onto the second hole green from the third hole tee box by swinging right under the ball. Glory can be fleeting.

Originally Posted by Moppy

I got my first par on a short par three when a group let me play through. I hit the green on the first shot, and missed the birdie by a foot. I was disappointed when I looked up after tapping it in and nobody was looking. Oh well. I was happy anyway until I hit it onto the second hole green from the third hole tee box by swinging right under the ball. Glory can be fleeting.

Haha, yeah they couldn't care less what you score on the hole. They're just watching the tee shot waiting to laugh.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Moppy

I was playing as a single and was allowed to play through the group in front of me on a short par 3, it's 85-115 yards depending on the tees/pins.  I don't think I had ever missed that green in all the rounds I have played there.  When I was allowed to play through, they all stood there watching and wouldn't you know it, I picked a great time for the first time to miss the green.  Not only did I miss the green, I needed another SW to get back to the green because I flew my tee shot about 70-80 yards over the green.  Hit my next shot and it rolled down the green and almost off into the pond in front of the green, picked up my ball and took off to the next hole. Since that incident I always take my time on hitting when allowed to play through.

Let me tell you guys who are bragging something.

The people standing on the tee couldn't care less what you do.

They just want you out of their way. They are thinking about their own game.

Funny, every time I play through and hit a good drive the people complement me. If I mess up they say "I do the same thing". So I don't know that your comment is actually 100% accurate.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I tend to do better with people watching. Not to say I do better under pressure, exactly. If I were playing for 4 million dollars, I'd probably pee myself. But with a few people watching me, I am fine. I focus more on the fundamentals of my swing, take a practice swing, and usually succeed. Why I can't do that any other time, I can't say.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

I tend to do better with people watching. Not to say I do better under pressure, exactly. If I were playing for 4 million dollars, I'd probably pee myself. But with a few people watching me, I am fine. I focus more on the fundamentals of my swing, take a practice swing, and usually succeed. Why I can't do that any other time, I can't say.

Same here pal. I'm gonna start pretending I'm being watched from now on lol

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

When I'm allowed to play through most groups have already assessed my ability.  They have seen me coming for a few holes.  They have seen where my approaches are from(indicating where my drives go)and they have seen my greenside play.  Since they already know how I play and they usually have an expectation that I'll let one fly right down the middle, I walk up and jokingly tell them that they've now given me the "play thru curse".  We all laugh a bit and now that I've already made fun of myself I let it rip.  99% of the time it's fine.  The other time I just laugh it off and thank them for the curse.

What I don't like is when they want me to play through while they are on the green.  For some reason that throws me out of my rhythm.  I don't get nervous, but I do feel somewhat rushed.  From 150 out I usually stick it, but if I've really crushed one on a short par 4 and am only 50yrd out I completely loose my touch.  It's all part of the game though.  The more strangers you play with the easier it is to play through.  Like said above, no one really cares about your game as long as your pace is OK.  Even scratch golfers hit crappy shots every now and then.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Spyder

Just remember, a group is never going to applaud you from their standpoint, or drive up to you to congratulate you on your drive. They'll realistically snicker if you duff one, or OB it, but who cares? I laugh at myself and others when I see really bad shots, but not in a condescending way.

It's human (male?) nature to try and rip the cover off of the ball when other people (bros) are watching you. You don't want them to think you upset your husband by leaving him at home, after all... or hear any Purse Wedge jokes!

In all seriousness, I don't even care who is around me anymore. Whether there's nobody, 2, 4, or 8 guys waiting on the first tee and watching me; my thoughts and stroke are the same.

HAH!! My favorite is after a putt left 1+ft short.  "Putter get caught up in your skirt?"

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Funny, every time I play through and hit a good drive the people complement me. If I mess up they say "I do the same thing". So I don't know that your comment is actually 100% accurate.

One me and my best friends dad pulled up behind us on the 9th tee at a slower day at my home course.  I piped one down the middle about 260.  He shouted "Psh, I can do that" in a joking manner.  My friend got up and pulled a grass burner left that went about 70 yards.  He then laughed and said "I can do that one too."

I can't remember a time that I have played through, hit a good drive and not been complimented.

I agree with your comments, most people will give response to your shots when you play through.

Originally Posted by TJBam

HAH!! My favorite is after a putt left 1+ft short.  "Putter get caught up in your skirt?"

lol Yeah, or "Fix your camel toe and you won't pull it", or "Adjust your fanny pack and you won't push it, Sally...", or "Damn, are your Spanx too tight or something?" Those are a few used in our group quite often.

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol Yeah, or "Fix your camel toe and you won't pull it", or "Adjust your fanny pack and you won't push it, Sally...", or "Damn, are your Spanx too tight or something?" Those are a few used in our group quite often.

My favorite is "Hit it with your purse next time."

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!