IGNORED

what do you all do to prepare for a round?

rmgr
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that likes doing this, but what are some of the things you guys do a day before a round to prepare? I'm not talking about things like going to the range, but things like cleaning your clubs, organizing, etc..

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I play everyday so another round is another round, know what I mean? But for tournaments I usually just clean my clubs, get 2-3 new golf balls out, etc.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

yeah I guess if you play everyday things change, but if you play only about 2-3 times a week that gives you about a day inbetween.

I like to clean my clubs, wash my towels, clean some of the balls. Stuff like that

In my Essex Stand Bag:
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

yeah, me too, i play every day, for tournaments ill put a sleeve of new balls in give my clubs a wash and go on golftown.com and look at clubs i want :)

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Just practice the excuses/concoct the lies that I am going to tell my boss and my wife.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that likes doing this, but what are some of the things you guys do a day before a round to prepare? I'm not talking about things like going to the range, but things like cleaning your clubs, organizing, etc..

I clean my clubs and make sure I have everything the night after a round - so it's ready the next time I go out to play - pick up the bag and go. (It's only in my trunk when I am on the way to the golf course and back - I think my clubs are worth more than my car, anyway... and it's bad on gas, too). No hassle, no stress, just go play.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I usually wake up too late if its an early tee time, or leave with not enough time and just about make it to the club 5 mins before tee off time. Of course I usually plan to clean clubs, spend 10 mins putting, 10 chipping and 25 on the range but rarely actually get round to doing it that way.

Clean clubs, wash towels, clean balls if they are still in good conditon, mark the balls, spend 10 minutes putting, 10 minutes chipping and half an hour on the range.
Or at least, that's what I intend to do...

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

You guys must have some dirty clubs. cleaning the club while walking to your next shot only takes a minute. brush the dirt out of the grooves and wipe with a damp towel, give the grip a wipe and your ready to hit the next shot.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I've been trying to stretch more before I play this year. And not necessarily only at the course beforehand. If I have time in the morning (i.e. if I am able to drag my ass out of bed early enough) I'll sit on the family room floor and do a few "yoga-like" stretches before I head out.

Other than that the only other preparation I do is to make sure to hit the putting green for at least 10-15 minutes. Occasionally I'll hit the range, but it seems like sometimes I tire myself out by doing the range before the round. Other times it's been a great warm up and it makes the round better. Go figure.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

I usually wake up too late if its an early tee time, or leave with not enough time and just about make it to the club 5 mins before tee off time. Of course I usually plan to clean clubs, spend 10 mins putting, 10 chipping and 25 on the range but rarely actually get round to doing it that way.

You must be using my pre-round routine. I play early on Sunday's. We usually tee off by 7:20. As much as I would love to get there at 6:30 and take my time putting on my shoes and then go chip and putt, it's just not that easy to get up on my only real day off when the first number on the alarm clock is a 5.

On wednesday evenings we play in a league after work. We tee off starting at 6:10. There are times, like this week, when I am getting to the course as the first group is getting ready to go off. Too often I am walking down to the 1st tee with enough time to grab my glove, tees, ball mark tool and a couple balls out of my bag. My first stretch is bending over to tee up my ball and I get warmed up with two practice swings before hitting on a 220yard par 3 with death on the right side. I don't reccomend this routine.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

You guys must have some dirty clubs. cleaning the club while walking to your next shot only takes a minute. brush the dirt out of the grooves and wipe with a damp towel, give the grip a wipe and your ready to hit the next shot.

That's one of the leading causes of slow play if someone's in a cart - spending a minute standing next to the cart, either after your shot or before your next one while the foursome behind is waiting. But, in walking, I'm not as sure, since I haven't walked in a long time.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

yeah I've noticed that if I ride, I don't have time to clean my clubs, as if I'm walking I just do it while I walk to my next shot.

In my Essex Stand Bag:

Clean clubs,refill water bottle and remove all the bad balls mostly finds outta the bag to keep the weight down.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

yeah I guess if you play everyday things change, but if you play only about 2-3 times a week that gives you about a day inbetween.

NO need to retype since I do the samething you do

Irons Racs 3 thru 9
Woods R5 3 and 5
Driver R5 460 CC

You must be using my pre-round routine. I play early on Sunday's. We usually tee off by 7:20. As much as I would love to get there at 6:30 and take my time putting on my shoes and then go chip and putt, it's just not that easy to get up on my only real day off when the first number on the alarm clock is a 5.

Must be quite a good routine if your club champ, lol!

If I'm going to be playing with some important people, I normally go in the back yard and hit my (Wiffle Golf Balls) and let the kids retrieve them for me.

If I plan on playing by myself, I normally do nothing the day before, I wait until I get to the course and go to the putting green for a few minutes and then do my normal stretches before teeing off (when I play by myself, score doesn't matter, I'm working on becoming better)

Must be quite a good routine if your club champ, lol!

Don't let the title under my screen name fool you. I may have earned it, but it was with my keyboard and not my clubs. The club champ moniker just means I have had too much time on my hands while checking my e-mail. That and I have yet to come up with something clever enough to replace it with.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!