IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Mike. I'm attempting #1 in the video right above your post. I'm gonna shoot some DTL video tomorrow and monitor that space between my legs...see if I can delay the full rotation.

Thanks again, always helpful.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It feels like a combination of 1 and 2 is working, Mike. It doesn't look like they're rotating much slower when I watch back, but frame by frame shows that the gap is gone at the same part of the backswing.

Standing up is still weird, since I've sort of crouched down to golf for as long as I can remember...but it seems to be helping things that need help. And weirdness means change which means improvement? Or something like that...

I shanked one so bad earlier that it missed the net completely and almost hit my car in the driveway lol

Ryan M

• Administrator

Ryan, posture looks good, but let your head tilt down more via your NECK.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ryan, posture looks good, but let your head tilt down more via your NECK.

Ok, so my eyes are looking at the ball without having to looking down...correct?

Ryan M

Ok, so my eyes are looking at the ball without having to looking down...correct?

Just get the chin closer to your chest. Notice the torso/backs look the similar, just need to tilt the head down so the center of the eyes are looking at the ball.

BTW this looks pretty good for a 52 handicap! ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just get the chin closer to your chest. Notice the torso/backs look the similar, just need to tilt the head down so the center of the eyes are looking at the ball.

BTW this looks pretty good for a 52 handicap!

Ok gotcha.

lol, thanks. Problem is, I'm really focused during practice, and I get some good swings where everything comes together...it just isn't translating to the course yet. But I'm hoping a winter of just practice will then translate to the course come spring.

Ryan M

• Administrator

lol, thanks. Problem is, I'm really focused during practice, and I get some good swings where everything comes together...it just isn't translating to the course yet. But I'm hoping a winter of just practice will then translate to the course come spring.

That's going to take awhile.

You'll have to learn to detach yourself from the results (a ball flying through the air, a target, etc.) in a sense. Make the better swings, the results will follow. But you can't "plan" on or "achieve" the results. You can only "achieve" the improved swing.

Plus, your right foot doesn't do what it does in practice like you do on the course. :D (and many, many other things).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's going to take awhile.

You'll have to learn to detach yourself from the results (a ball flying through the air, a target, etc.) in a sense. Make the better swings, the results will follow. But you can't "plan" on or "achieve" the results. You can only "achieve" the improved swing.

Plus, your right foot doesn't do what it does in practice like you do on the course. :D (and many, many other things).

Definitely...I'm hoping the reason is because I hop back and forth between practice and playing, and when I'm playing...I go back to old habits and think too much because I want to score well.

If I have 6 months or so of just practice...maybe the things I'm working on will become natural, and on the course, my normal swing will look more like it does when I'm practicing.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Definitely...I'm hoping the reason is because I hop back and forth between practice and playing, and when I'm playing...I go back to old habits and think too much because I want to score well.

If I have 6 months or so of just practice...maybe the things I'm working on will become natural, and on the course, my normal swing will look more like it does when I'm practicing.

Generally speaking, a lot of golfers would do well to play golf doing this as their on-course swing:

Just shot a 77!!! Even par on the back 9!!!

Driver was erratic, but irons were on fire....so was my putting (Sans a 3 putt on 17...cost me a chance to be under par for a 9). Finally found a way to slow my swing down and just club up instead of trying to smash the s*** out of everything. Had zero swing thoughts today besides smooth and steady.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SliceofLife/round/110070

A personal record for the following:

Total Score

# of pars

# of birdies

# of nGIR + GIR

# of putts

If only all golf days were as good as this one...

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

That is one crazy ass round! Nice playing. Love the putt you dropped on 18 to make it a 36.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Great playing @Slice of Life!

Thanks Mike! Maybe it's finally starting to come together...

That is one crazy ass round! Nice playing. Love the putt you dropped on 18 to make it a 36.

Thanks! I was actually just off the fringe and decided to try to putt instead of chip. Knew I needed to sink it to go even par for the back 9 and absolutely flipped out when it hit the stick and dropped haha.

Ryan M

Mediocre round today...back to earth with a 92 haha.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SliceofLife/round/112448

Struck the ball pretty well...had a lot of bad breaks, and couldn't do anything well inside of 70 yards...but other than that, not a bad day. Just putting the driver away for a while...it isn't worth it.

I hit driver 3 times and averaged about 212 yards with one penalty stroke (unfortunately the penalty came on a good one that flew into a creek about 250 out). Meanwhile, I hit my 3 wood from the tee an average of 221 yards (Not including one topped duff).

Just slicing too much with my big sticks.

I'm getting confident with my irons though. No swing thoughts, just nice and easy...and I no longer worry about duffing or slicing just whether they're going to be a little right/left/short/long.

Progress.

Ryan M

Interesting to see the results I'm getting in Game Golf...

Fairway %

Driver: 37%, mostly miss right

3-Wood: 44%, left and right misses are pretty equal

Hybrid: 60%, mostly miss left.

Biggest improvement in my game has been from about 100 yards out...my 52 degree wedge has been my best club lately...where I really used to struggle with my 100 yard shot.

Difference might be that this club used to be my 112 yard club...but I've figured out how to slow my swing down a little recently to the point of it being spot on around 100 yards.

I'm also more accurate with my 5 iron, than I am with my 7 iron. Wierd...

Bought myself a used Vokey 56 degree the other day since I needed an 80 yard club. Hit it one time on 18 Saturday...hit the green from 80 yards out to about 15 ft. Good purchase so far haha.

Ryan M

Very weird day today. For the most part I hit the ball well of the tee...approach shots were meh, couldn't putt. Lot of wind and bugs out today, and they just punched a bunch of holes in the fairways. Hit one drive on 11 that was actually decent, but clipped a branch and shot left into the water...fell apart from there and shot a 9 on that par 4. Woof. Didn't hit driver on any other hole. Worst part is I normally par that hole...easy hole for my miss.

I tweaked my knee and hamstring on 10...and had a hard time after that...kept swinging arms only and couldn't stop it sometimes. 6/18 GIR seems to be what I'm averaging lately which is great for me...need to get that closer to 10 and avoid the dumbass blowup holes and I'll be a lot closer to where I want to be.

On the bright side, I feel like I played terribly...left 10-15 shots out there easy...and still shot a 91. Earlier in the season...even a month ago, my bad round would be 100+...if my bad ones are just over 90...that's definitely an improvement. I 90 with quintuple bogey ain't too bad for me haha.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SliceofLife/round/116064

Ryan M

• 7 months later...

Swung a club for the first time since September today. Went and played 18 at my home course, no warmup.

Started off shaky, but played relatively well (for me).

5 GIR, 4 pars, 1 birdie. Fell apart on the last 2 holes (+5) for a round of 90.

Best part, didn't lose any balls! :D

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!