IGNORED

returning golf cart

golf55
Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

It's not mine either. Having spent a few years in the cart barn, we washed them out, wiped the seats and compartments, filled the sand, and even repaired the fiberglass bodies when the occasion warranted. The owners wanted us to take care of their investment so that at the end of the season they were able to get the maximum credit on the new fleet along with every golfer having a clean ride.

I once had a clean cart that had chew that someone spit out right near the gas pedal. Too bad the owners of the courses in question don't think alike. That was pretty disgusting and not something I needed to have on my shoes before starting.

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Good thinking. It's so sensible and considerate to make the kid who cleans out your cart have to do something extra like go back into the pro shop to get a key to move it to where it needs to go next. And by the way, I doubt you actually do leave it cleaner than it was when you first got in, even if you do pick up your empty bottles - especially if there's been any precipitation in the preceeding day. Of course, I'm not familiar with how "high class" golfer's golf shoes work on wet grass or mud - perhaps Boop's shoes automatically shed grass and mud to leave a cart's floor clean. And maybe the course rangers at Boop's "high class" course lay blankets across puddles so that no muddy water ever splashes up the sides of their carts.Even the thoughtfulness of cleaning bottles/cans out may be wasted effort. I pulled a couple of empty Gatorade bottles out of a cart last month trying to find a recyclable bin and when I asked the kid who took the cart from me, he just instructed me to put them back in the cart, pointing out that he has a big recyclables barrel right next to where he takes the carts to clean them out and hose them down. I'm sure that's not uncommon. My practice now is that if I can spot a recyclable bin someplace on the outside of the clubhouse, I'll grab our empties and put them there myself, otherwise, I'll just leave them in the cart. At some point, don't they need to refill or recharge a golf cart, or do they typically last for a full day's worth of use for 2-3 rounds on the initial tank/batteryfull? I have no idea how efficient golf carts are.

First, that was a typo, I meant to say the courses aren't high class.

You can be condescending all you like, I already stated nothing is done to the carts as far as cleaning until the end of the day where I golf. There is one place for carts, that's where you get the cart from. Also, every "cart boy" I've ever seen anywhere carries a cart key with them at all times. As far as mud puddles and such, well if it's muddy they have cart path only rule which I have no problem following. I've no doubt there are courses where there is a cart return area and someone who prepares the carts for the next person who will use them but I've never played one.

Well, your course is classier than my home course.  Mine doesn't have an option of cart path only, because we only have paths around the tees and greens.  My home course is a muni just outside of Denver.  The kids who do the carts split their time with picking balls on the range.

We also have a luxury that many courses don't have. Some of our cart shagging duties are done by folks who have been sentenced to public service for such things as DUI or shoplifting or similar petty crimes.  Because the course is manged under the local recreation district, it qualifies for public service.  If I was ever in that situation (hopefully never), I'd rather shag carts or be out on the course with sand filling divots than picking up trash along the highway.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Well, your course is classier than my home course.  Mine doesn't have an option of cart path only, because we only have paths around the tees and greens.  My home course is a muni just outside of Denver.  The kids who do the carts split their time with picking balls on the range.

We also have a luxury that many courses don't have. Some of our cart shagging duties are done by folks who have been sentenced to public service for such things as DUI or shoplifting or similar petty crimes.  Because the course is manged under the local recreation district, it qualifies for public service.  If I was ever in that situation (hopefully never), I'd rather shag carts or be out on the course with sand filling divots than picking up trash along the highway.

Woah, actually never even heard of that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Most courses have a return area, no need for guessing. The course I've been playing lately has a bag drop. They bring a cart, load the bags and take them off when you finish. The attendant takes the cart back for cleaning and a fresh setup. They put water cups, tees and wet towels on the cart  before returning it to the line. At my parents club there's a little cart parking lot, has spaces with white lines. What's going to be my former home course still has gas carts and they just stick them in front of the clubhouse. I just put it up there near the clean carts when I am done. They really don't have a system. Some get taken and cleaned immediately and others sit there for hours. It's rural and understaffed and they can afford to be inefficient.

Dave :-)

Seems like I need to find a new course to play or move to a better area rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Seems like I need to find a new course to play or move to a better area rofl.

Not necessarily. Some people are eager to describe luxurious country clubs that they belong to, or play at as a guest. I can assure you that the norm for carts is a simple return area where they wipe the cart down and throw away trash, followed by refueling or charging if necessary to get it back in line.

Many courses do power wash, or hose carts off. But, this is not the majority of courses by any means.

Fancy pants course?  Drive to the return area, shoo away the staff attempting to to clean my clubs for me without asking (if they ask first, I'll shoo them away, but likely tip a bit and tell them it's because the asked me first before grabbing my stuff).  Leave the keys.

Regular course -

• without any direction from the desk when I pick up my key, my default is to return the key to where I got it.
  • If they have specific instructions (leave it or return it) I respect their process and do that.

Either way, I clean out all my trash.  It's just common courtesy.

Most courses I play now, we pretty much return the carts where we picked them up.  A couple of the more expensive ones, it's pretty clear how they want to do it.

I've never had a conflict, just be ready to follow the local clues or directions - when in doubt, either ask, or be courteous to your own standards and no one should fault you for best intentions.

Bill - 

For me... different courses have different rules. One is park the cart back in the bay, return key to desk.2nd is return cart to subterranean cart maintenance tunnel, leave key in cart. 3rd is leave cart by charging barn, leave key in cart. 4th is return cart to wash area, leave key in cart. 5th is leave cart at cart"drop off" area, give key to attendant. 6th is drop bag off at bag drop off area, drive cart to barn,sign off on return voucher, run back to make sure your clubs are still there, take clubs to your car.At this course I do the park cart, get car to bag drop off area, load clubs into car, return cart, sign voucher, go home. Years ago i played a course which had the rule: if cart quits please push to edge of fairway and walk the rest of the way, we will refund the difference. they were old AMF/HD battery carts from the 70's and it was the 90's. Now they have top of the line yamahas...and a better course....

Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!