IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

You get a TON of weight on your back foot, with your left knee caving in like that. Also your ball position is about 6 inches TOO far back in your stance.

Not enough weight forward at impact. Your left hip should be closer to that red line.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I need to redo that video.... it's not set up right. That camera angle really makes it look like the ball is much further back than it was. I did notice my weight was getting on the back foot a lot though. That was a byproduct of focusing on hip turn, I will work on keeping my left heel down and that should address it. Also, I think part of the problem with the over shift of weight was because I'm on a slope there. For the DTL videos I forward to a flatter portion and I should have redone the FO swings up there because it was much closer to level. Really this was more about trying to show that the shortened backswing was pretty much something that I am doing consistently so that we can see what the next piece will be. It's possible I may have to revisit weight forward now that though. 1 step forward 2 steps back..

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

League night started off poorly and ended poorly with a good streak in the middle. Lost ball double on 1 from duck hook. Short drive on duck hook double on 2. Par, Par, Par, bogey, bogey, bogey.... QUAD! Drive into trees, good punch out that rolled out too far behind another tree that guards the green from the fairway, tried to punch under tree and over creek... in the water, drop hit over, chipped short 2 putt.... However, just about every iron shot was great. I was getting really good contact and my distance control was just about spot on. I left a few shots on the course with a bad chip and missed putts that I shouldn't have. Total misreads. I actually had a few really good drives too, which was nice. Now just need to find out what my next piece is to focus on.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Better than my league Tuesday. I had 1 good hole.

Yeah, that last hole man... I didn't even get angry, it was just a serious of bad breaks really. I feel like if I kept playing I would have recovered well, but it was 8:20 pm and would have pushed it to walk the back 9 just to finish out the round. Depending on how my funds are, I am going to try to golf tonight or sometime this weekend. Myscorecard.com says I need to shoot a 91 to lower my handicap which shows it to be 22.7.... I need to get that DOWN... At the end of last season @iacas thought I could hit single digit handicap this year but since I had to start over fixing my swing I'd be happy to get down to about 15 or so. I think I can get close to that with the swing I have now, but when I start working on whatever the next piece is for me I may trend back up until that new piece becomes ingrained. I had 3 GiR and 2 nGiR last night even though I didn't hit any fairways. I was just off the fairway on 3 tee shots but only put myself in real trouble off the tee 2 times. Those 2 times cost me 4-6 strokes, toss in the couple of putts that just missed that's 6-8 strokes given away, and 1 each chip/pitch that were meh at best leaving a longer putt that I missed puts me at 8-10 strokes I easily could have not had.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I think I can get close to that with the swing I have now, but when I start working on whatever the next piece is for me I may trend back up until that new piece becomes ingrained. I had 3 GiR and 2 nGiR last night even though I didn't hit any fairways. I was just off the fairway on 3 tee shots but only put myself in real trouble off the tee 2 times. Those 2 times cost me 4-6 strokes, toss in the couple of putts that just missed that's 6-8 strokes given away, and 1 each chip/pitch that were meh at best leaving a longer putt that I missed puts me at 8-10 strokes I easily could have not had.

Yep, that can pretty much happen. Putting in a new movement can throw timing off with keys 4 and 5. Typical growing pains. Just keep at your priority piece! Embrace the process, not the results.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Yep, that can pretty much happen. Putting in a new movement can throw timing off with keys 4 and 5. Typical growing pains. Just keep at your priority piece! Embrace the process, not the results.

Right now I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. I don't think I was striking the ball nearly as well last year, at least the contact feels so much nicer even if my scores were a bit lower last year. I just started so late with fixing my swing this year that I'm behind in my progress. I think it could be possible to get my handicap pretty low this year if I can integrate the next change as well as I have my shortened backswing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

No golf for me this weekend unfortunately....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Played Friday in Illinois, but that was it.

I played Saturday in Indiana!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Whereabouts in IN?

Middle of fricken NO WHERE!!!  It is about 1.5 hours north of Indianapolis, just about 5-10 minutes from Route 65.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Middle of fricken NO WHERE!!! It is about 1.5 hours north of Indianapolis, just about 5-10 minutes from Route 65.

I just drove through a whole lot of that.

- Shane

More importantly, where did @Jeremie Boop play, as this is his swing thread. ;-)

Played Friday in Illinois, but that was it.

I played Saturday in Indiana!!!

Middle of fricken NO WHERE!!!  It is about 1.5 hours north of Indianapolis, just about 5-10 minutes from Route 65.

I just drove through a whole lot of that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More importantly, where did @Jeremie Boop play, as this is his swing thread.

Rofl, yeah, my plans go busted when my bank account ended up busted :-P It's probably a good thing though, I have been playing a lot lately and a short break might be good for me. I'm still waiting to find out what my new piece is to work on though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm going to get some wiffle balls to hit in the back yard for now so I can keep working on swing and have something to hit so I can upload videos that are relevant and able to be critiqued. Until @iacas has a chance to review the last set of videos I will just work on weight forward and continue ingraining the shortened backswing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Was just looking at the last dtl video I had done. Wanted to try to point out things I think are good and bad in it for feedback. The FO needs redone and hoping to get to the range tonight to do some new videos. Only thing that looked good on that was I was stopping my backswing at a good spot..

Good: I'm looking at the ball with pretty much centered vision

Good hip and shoulder turn. Maybe could be a little more.

Bad: Looks like I have a little cup to my left wrist

club shaft is pointing across the line *Just guessing that's not good because I don't see that when I look at other good swings*

Am I missing anything? Will fixing the club angle at the top also help to fix my steep downswing?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: