IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

A whip? Are you getting you dating life mixed up with you golf practice?

Multi-purposing, helps justify the expenditure.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Went out to golf today, rained on me the whole time so I quit after the first 9. Was about as bad as I expected however my miss was pretty consistent. I am happy that the first time out wasn't nearly as horrible as it was last year though, so for that I'm grateful. I'll probably hit the range a few times before league this week to try and straighten myself out a little. I'm not entirely sure if it was a setup issue that had me addressing the ball with an open face or if I was just not closing the face, but everything started right and at most leaked right a little. None of the shots curved much at all though so that's at good because that should at least mean my path was pretty neutral. The only thing that was consistently good*ish* was my 60* shots and my putting. All but the first one had good contact and distance. Even had cover shavings in the grooves so I guess I was catching it with a downward strike.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Went out to golf today, rained on me the whole time so I quit after the first 9. Was about as bad as I expected however my miss was pretty consistent. I am happy that the first time out wasn't nearly as horrible as it was last year though, so for that I'm grateful. I'll probably hit the range a few times before league this week to try and straighten myself out a little. I'm not entirely sure if it was a setup issue that had me addressing the ball with an open face or if I was just not closing the face, but everything started right and at most leaked right a little. None of the shots curved much at all though so that's at good because that should at least mean my path was pretty neutral. The only thing that was consistently good*ish* was my 60* shots and my putting. All but the first one had good contact and distance. Even had cover shavings in the grooves so I guess I was catching it with a downward strike.

If your shots started right and did not curve much the path was not too neutral-It was out to the right as well. Closing the face would have to be a small amount otherwise you start to see hooks.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

If your shots started right and did not curve much the path was not too neutral-It was out to the right as well. Closing the face would have to be a small amount otherwise you start to see hooks.

That's right, not sure why I was thinking neutral. Thanks for the correction.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 2 weeks later...

47 tonight in league. If I'm going to be honest I'm pretty damn happy with that considering I haven't practiced at all outside of the rainy 9 holes I played 2 weeks ago. My main miss was still a push but it wasn't nearly as bad. I had 1 3 putt and a couple shots that went longer than I expected that put me into trouble. Compared to my start last year I'm in a much better place.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 3 weeks later...

Last night was a night of jekyll and hyde.. I had more good full swings than bad but I put myself into my danger zone of 50 ish yards out, that finicky partial wedge swing approach that just eats me up. I had 2 lost balls, but only 1 was a bad swing. One was an absolute beauty of a hybrid shot, however there was a pretty good left to right wind that stopped any draw so the ball never came back to the fairway and there were trees in the way of seeing where it landed. The second was OB from the tee, just a bad swing, followed it up with a nice provisional 270ish yard drive just off the right side of the fairway. I was 12 over at the end of the night, not great but at least near my index. Losing 4 shots to lost balls and another 4 shots to horrible partial wedges and 2 3 putts shows me that with a little more work I can actually improve over last year. My drives were decent overall, with the 3 good ones being between 265-280 in 60 degree weather and the provisional on 9 at 270. I may take a little time this weekend and work on my partial wedge shots as well as my full swing since both of those things cost me an equal number of shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Last night was a night of jekyll and hyde.. I had more good full swings than bad but I put myself into my danger zone of 50 ish yards out, that finicky partial wedge swing approach that just eats me up. I had 2 lost balls, but only 1 was a bad swing. One was an absolute beauty of a hybrid shot, however there was a pretty good left to right wind that stopped any draw so the ball never came back to the fairway and there were trees in the way of seeing where it landed. The second was OB from the tee, just a bad swing, followed it up with a nice provisional 270ish yard drive just off the right side of the fairway. I was 12 over at the end of the night, not great but at least near my index. Losing 4 shots to lost balls and another 4 shots to horrible partial wedges and 2 3 putts shows me that with a little more work I can actually improve over last year. My drives were decent overall, with the 3 good ones being between 265-280 in 60 degree weather and the provisional on 9 at 270. I may take a little time this weekend and work on my partial wedge shots as well as my full swing since both of those things cost me an equal number of shots.

Sound like something you need to work on.

- Shane

Sound like something you need to work on.

Yeah, I've never felt comfortable over partial wedge shots. I just didn't think it was worth working on right away this year because I needed to get my full swings a bit more consistent first.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yeah, I've never felt comfortable over partial wedge shots. I just didn't think it was worth working on right away this year because I needed to get my full swings a bit more consistent first.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the SV value is, but having functional 100 yard and in shots would be very valuable IMO. With a few hours of time commitment, you could figure out your partial wedge distances. It would be worthwhile.

- Shane

I can't remember off the top of my head what the SV value is, but having functional 100 yard and in shots would be very valuable IMO. With a few hours of time commitment, you could figure out your partial wedge distances. It would be worthwhile.

With the nice weather this weekend I may end up going to the course and just work on those shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

They're not that important. You rarely have them, and even great players aren't getting up and down all the time.

Now, if you're taking 4+ strokes from 50 yards, spend a little time on them… but they're very low SV.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They're not that important. You rarely have them, and even great players aren't getting up and down all the time.

Now, if you're taking 4+ strokes from 50 yards, spend a little time on them… but they're very low SV.

Most courses I wouldn't have the a lot, however my home course is pretty short so I find myself in those positions several times a round. However, yesterday I was able to get a decent handle on my 40-60 yard partial swing shots with my 60* wedge and worked on using my 50* for more of a bump and run style when closer than 40 yards. I do need to work on my short game/putting a little because it's been slipping but I won't spend a lot of time on it because it typically doesn't take me too long to get it back to reasonable shape.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 3 weeks later...

Set club fitting on Friday for some irons. Going in completely open minded with no make or model in mind. I know that they won't make me play any better but the piece of mind knowing I have clubs fit to me will be nice. This will leave me some wedges to get as I'm not worried about a putter.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I was thinking of uploading a couple recordings tonight, but I can already see that my left knee is moving in and I seem to be swaying left to right again.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Fitting completed. Tried out a lot of different clubs but came down to AP1's with s300 shaft in stiff or JPX850 with c-taper lite stiff. After doing some flightscope work with both it showed the 850's were by far the more consistent and better distance too. Checked length and lie came out with standard length and 3* upright. Went with midsized grips. They are being ordered Monday expected to be ready for pick up by Friday. $635 before taxes.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Fitting completed. Tried out a lot of different clubs but came down to AP1's with s300 shaft in stiff or JPX850 with c-taper lite stiff. After doing some flightscope work with both it showed the 850's were by far the more consistent and better distance too. Checked length and lie came out with standard length and 3* upright. Went with midsized grips. They are being ordered Monday expected to be ready for pick up by Friday. $635 before taxes.

Welcome to the Mizuno family :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: