IGNORED

My Swing (JonMA1)

JonMA1
Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

DriverFace.jpg.c6ecccc0e67c99cb8491c2da592b0a87.jpg

@HJJ003 -  a while back you had mentioned the possibility that hitting off-center on the driver face might be a reason for my weak drives.

It's been bugging me since then and I finally had a chance to check it out yesterday. In lieu of impact tape, I used some postage labels and hit a few drives.

The first shot is the one highest on the face. Maybe I just have hands of stone, but it didn't feel like terrible impact as is the case when I hit off the toe or heel. So this could be happening on the course and I'd be unaware of it.

Next, I had to figure out how to fix it. I'm thinking it's a negative angle of attack but I'm pretty ignorant about that stuff. Still, I tried to get my low point back a few inches thinking it result in a positive angle. But I was still hitting pretty high on the face. 

I finally combined getting the low point back along with a shallower angle (if that's the right term), and I hit a couple down closer to the center. Unfortunately, the ball flight was a bit lower than I think it should be. But again, what the heck do I know?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't tee the ball up just a bit higher, and combine that with playing the ball up a bit more in my stance. I'm currently using 2 3/4" tees and keep them fairly high. 

More than likely, the lack of distance is as simple as less club head speed. Still, now and then I'll get that 220 - 230 carry. It would be nice have that happening a lot more often.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and I'll keep working on this.

Cool glad to see you got some feedback. Now the hard part...figuring out what to do with that information lol! Pretty good cluster...and yeah some are higher on the face than you would like. Toy around on the range with different tee heights and ball position like ya said to see if it helps your AoA any. You may not adopt anything for your normal swing, but you may learn what it takes to make the ball do certain things which is valuable information. 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!