IGNORED

My Sucsess Story.

Note: This thread is 6136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yesterday, lamebums replied to my question of "Do titleist balls actually increase your drive distance" Lamebums told me it would increase by 5-10 yards. So today i was on hole 14 and we had some time to wait before the people infront finished. So i went in the bush and found 10 balls! 4 of them being pro v1's. On the 15th hole i decided to see if they actually did give me more distance. On that hole i was out of luck, hitting a decent drive of 274. On 16 it is a short 467 yard par 5. The ball exploded off the clubface and went dead straight. My result, 166 yards out equalling a 301 yard drive! I finally broke the 300 yard marker and that is now my personal best drive. Furthermore i gained confidence and started absolutely bombing my drives. On the second hole i hit one 292 and then another 292 yard drive on the ninth. there was a rude 5some infront of us and because i was hitting it so far i didnt realize that they were getting close to my ball. Because i was hitting so far it was almost rolling up to them. Ive never hit that far before, so on the 6th and 7th holes they took my balls! I was really angry because they were long drives and they just walked up and took them. But anyways, I do beleive pro v1's really help, now to go and buy some!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I feel compelled to reply here. I am not a very good golfer, and I lose a lot of balls. My personal record is 9 in one round of 18. I buy plenty of cheap types, Nikes, low-end Callaways, Noodles, etc. I lose them all at an alarming rate. Well one time I found my first Pro-V1. It lasted me the rest of that round, and an additional 2 full rounds before on its 3rd round it found the bottom of a lake. Now I'm not saying my scores were better, and I'm not saying I felt a huge difference (no 300 yard drives for me!) but I have never had a ball last that long. Sure enough I never will, becuase I refuse to pay that kind of money for something that will probably last me a few holes.

Driver: R7 Quad 8.5°
3 wood: A10
Hybrid: 20° DWS Baffler
4-GW: FP Irons
SW: 06 Big Bertha 56°LW: A10 60° Putter: White Steel 2-ball

Ive never really used a pro v1 that much, and now that i have for the whole round, im impressed. I might just get some on ebay
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
Yesterday, lamebums replied to my question of "Do titleist balls actually increase your drive distance" Lamebums told me it would increase by 5-10 yards.

Compared to what balls, though? Some people could easily lose 5-10 yards by switching to a ball that doesn't fit their swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Compared to what balls, though? Some people could easily lose 5-10 yards by switching to a ball that doesn't fit their swing.

Compared to Maxfli Powermax or Top Flite Tour Distance. I usually use any ball i can find, usually its a low class one like wilson or something. Big Difference.
In My Bag

I played 18 today for the first time with pro v1/x's. The front 9 with the V1, the back with the V1x. I found myself hitting high draws with the x and hitting push hooks with the V1, dissappointing because I thought the V1 was better for me. Perhaps more testing is in order.

Kinda funny that happened, because i think the ball i was playing actually reduced the spin i usually have.
In My Bag

congrats dent! i like proV1s too. i buy rectcled ones still cause i can afford them but i can tell a huge difference compared to the cheap distance rocks.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

if you want distance get a callaway hx hot..those things go forever..

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Im curious to see if i can do that again, im going to go back to the course in a day or so and hit a normal cheap ball, see if i can hit it around that far again.
In My Bag

Yesterday, lamebums replied to my question of "Do titleist balls actually increase your drive distance" Lamebums told me it would increase by 5-10 yards. So today i was on hole 14 and we had some time to wait before the people infront finished. So i went in the bush and found 10 balls! 4 of them being pro v1's. On the 15th hole i decided to see if they actually did give me more distance. On that hole i was out of luck, hitting a decent drive of 274. On 16 it is a short 467 yard par 5. The ball exploded off the clubface and went dead straight. My result, 166 yards out equalling a 301 yard drive! I finally broke the 300 yard marker and that is now my personal best drive. Furthermore i gained confidence and started absolutely bombing my drives. On the second hole i hit one 292 and then another 292 yard drive on the ninth. there was a rude 5some infront of us and because i was hitting it so far i didnt realize that they were getting close to my ball. Because i was hitting so far it was almost rolling up to them. Ive never hit that far before, so on the 6th and 7th holes they took my balls! I was really angry because they were long drives and they just walked up and took them. But anyways, I do beleive pro v1's really help, now to go and buy some!

This sounds a lot like the first time I teed up a high-end Titleist ball about three months ago. Back then, I averaged 240-245 off the tee, hitting anything I could get my hands on - Top Flites, Wilsons, Slazengers, Pinnacles, you name it. Then I teed up a Pro V1x, and busted it about 280, into the foursome ahead of me. They were older ladies - instead of picking up my ball though, they disappeared out of sight.

Strength training has had something to do with it, but I now average 260 with a crappy ball, and 270-ish with a good ball. I'm really cheap, though, and I only use good balls (Titleist, TaylorMade) on important occasions. But like I said, the right kind of ball is absolutely necessary to max out your distance. Take for example a Precept Lady ball... I can swipe at it as hard as I can and max out at 250... If you're ever down my way I can get you some Pro V1's for $6 a dozen (I will have to check out the guy I get them from - his supply is erratic at best, and I need to get some myself). Edit: Maybe hitting such a good drive gave you the extra confidence to keep playing. Just curious, what did you shoot that day?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

This sounds a lot like the first time I teed up a high-end Titleist ball about three months ago. Back then, I averaged 240-245 off the tee, hitting anything I could get my hands on - Top Flites, Wilsons, Slazengers, Pinnacles, you name it. Then I teed up a Pro V1x, and busted it about 280, into the foursome ahead of me. They were older ladies - instead of picking up my ball though, they disappeared out of sight.

I shot an 80 that day. Usually i know when im playing really well, but I felt like i wasnt playing well and still shot that. I noticed the long drive really helps to get easier GIRS. On the par 5 478, im usually trying to approach with a 4 iron. With my 301 yard drive on that hole i was approaching with an 8 iron which made it alot easier. Im going to really look into these pro v1's. I hope i find some more next time I go, and defaintly am excited to drive.

In My Bag

Kinda funny that happened, because i think the ball i was playing actually reduced the spin i usually have.

proV1x's don't spin as much as the regulars. i've started playing these balls (both types) b/c i find them at work, and i love them. along with the NXT Tours (great as well)

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I swear, there really is something to learn every day here. I was just buying balls for the "feel". I've noticed that one piece core balls feel softer to me, and I have much more accuracy with them. The "harder" balls, like some of the callaways, and cheaper topfiltes feel like i'm hitting a baseball off the tee. I can feel the impact in my hands and wrists (not very comfortable).

I did know that different ball selection could make a difference in play, but thought that your club and swing would affect power and spin more than the ball. Maybe I'm too much of a novice to understand the physics, but congrats dent, you're making me want to go buy a dozen and see what happens!
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

i think im going to get some off ebay. For the price of getting 12 or 15 in the shop you can get around 50 or so for that price, not new but damn good used.
In My Bag

If you guys think ProV's fly far, pick up a box of Nike One Black. I guarantee you will like them as much, if not better than the ProV1x's. If you need a softer ball, buy the platinums.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

How is it that the softer ball goes further? I always thought the harder one would explode off the clubface easier and have more roll.
In My Bag

Different balls are going to carry different distances for everyone. Some people need the increased spin of a softer ball to help keep the ball in the air longer. Some, on the other hand, need less spin. The only way you are going to find the ball that works best for you and your swing is to test them on a launch monitor, which most people will never shell out the money for even though it is a negligible cost(around $40 at most places). Be careful that you don't go and sacrifice feel for distance though. Hitting 300yd drives wont lower your score as much as a killer short game will, so make sure you can still spin the ball around the greens.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Note: This thread is 6136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!